It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything more boring than ufology these days?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: PandaPrincess

The reason that Ufology is so boring to some is because they limit their investigations to cell phone footage.

I have had the pleasure of accompanying MUFON investigators during first interviews. The one thing that stood out to me when listening was that most people upon witnessing such things are so captivated by what the are seeing that they don't even consider having to prove it.

Another of my observations is that folks that tend to have high end electronics in their pockets are less likely to notice what may be in the sky. I still carry a flip phone that takes zero pictures or video. I know ten other people that keep it simple.

Yeah no one looks up anymore, even if there was one in the sky, no one would see it.

Another thing I've personally experienced is that, if it's in your pocket or purse, the sighting might be over by the time you get it out and ready to shoot.

Then there is the problem of identifying what it is first and if it's worth the effort to snap a pic.

Most people would just think, wow what was that?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

i disagree
i love archeology

So do I , my point was that if you're not willing to put the effort in Ufology can be as boring as looking at an undug archaeological site , you need to burrow beneath to find the gold.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Interesting thread, and thanks to Witness 2008 for publishing that reference to my (Jenny Randles) zone of influence research. I had not read that particular extract. But it is something I noticed early on when recognising the 'Oz Factor' state of consciousness that seems to surround close encounters. And 35 years later I still believe it is important.

As for UFO research having stagnated. I think it is partly because it has become a 'virtual' pursuit - discussed on forums such as this but practised in the real world far less often than it used to be. The community that once thrived on going out and doing field studies and meeting and debating the results has become very insular through the dominance of web sites and the internet where faceless communication turns things into a rather dull pursuit.

There is more to it than that, of course. As case types that were once so numerous appear to have all but disappeared. Vehicle interference/car stop cases, for example. Or non abduction/contact type alien sightings.

I wonder if this is more apparent than real - as in the stranger the case the less likely someone is to come forward without the support network that the once active (and visible to the wider world) UFO community used to offer. These fundamental changes do seem to have corresponded with the very different style of UFO investigation and research networks we have today.

Ufology has always been partly a sociological and psychologically rooted phenomenon - though not entirely and it certainly has a physical core. But if we are seeing notable changes and these seem duller then I suspect that partly this is a manifestation of society itself having become inward focusing through the rise of the invisible communication that we all engage in these days.
edit on 26-8-2016 by Jayceedove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jayceedove

You are Welcome.

After years of on-line research I have come to the same conclusions as you as to the dullness that has overtaken most of UFOlogy. I found my answers in the dark corners of discussion groups and forums where the ridicule remained at a minimum and allowed each of us to compare notes, video footage not required. How does one describe such a shattering of that nice safe and acceptable paradigm? Explaining the really high strangeness that over whelms your life is a lot easier with the crazies that can relate. Ridicule keeps the really interesting stuff hidden.

I have had a wild and interesting ride. I answer one question for myself that then gives birth to another.

Your work provided a bit of solace for me, and I felt free to embrace all of those questions without feeling like a total nut case.

One thing that sticks like glue in my mind was a message that disclosure is happening one person at a time. When you are in the right spot at the right time with the right vibe you get to see, and the real prize is you get to feel.

Thanks for stopping by.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PandaPrincess

a reply to: grainofsand

Debunkers are still working over the Phoenix lights. If you type "mass UFO sighting" into your search you should come up with some interesting stuff. I see good cell phone video fairly often. I also check casebook and other sites that collect data. I've seen pretty interesting stuff right here.

GOOD cellphone footage

something clearly showing a ufo, a around big ufo in the sky?
or a dot of blinking light

maybe a camera footage of a real alien walking around?

as i thought so, because `good` would define just that

My [fooftr27] pic, of a Space Alien Hiding Behind Fossil Rock, that I photographed in the summer of 1972, at Calvert Cliffs, Maryland.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-8-2016 by Erno86 because: added link

edit on 26-8-2016 by Erno86 because: link work

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A couple of years back, when I saw this absolutely beautiful triangle aircraft, the thought of capturing it with my phone did not even cross my mind, not to mention the sighting only lasted a couple of seconds.

And as for this thread, who knows. Maybe it's quiet before the storm.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

The UFO waters are being divided. I think that the hardware based analysis tend to have a paranoid tilt to it that brings forth the debunkers and the military manipulations, resulting in a total shut down of honest inquiry. The experience however has a whole other shape to it. Much more fluid and revealing. If it's cell phone footage you want, you will never know what it is you are looking at.

There have been two very distinct and opposite forces at work in this field lately.

edit on 26-8-2016 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
To the OP.

No offence intended, but I think it you that has lost interest, rather than there being nothing worth looking at out there.

There is loads of material on YouTube, if you care to look for it and decide for yourself what is interesting and what is not. There are plenty of videos showing real-time filming with phone cameras...because that's what we carry around with us and to be honest, it is not the best technology to use to film anything that may be high up in the sky, in the dark or moving fast.

Shaky, hand-held footage with digital [not optical] zoom is the best we can hope for because sightings are spontaneous and reaching for your phone is probably not the first thing on your mind when confronted with the strange and unusual.

Also, bear in mind that as soon as anything half decent is published, the naysayers are out screaming "It's too good, it must be CGI!!" You just cannot win and when you get half-assed knuckle dragging morons making their banal comments on YouTube, that's when things get rather tedious.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Ufology is as exciting as the aliens want it to be; they are the ones creating the myth.
The myth has served its purpose (getting people's attention; drawing them in).
This first phase is over.
The next phase is detailed in The Threat by David Jacobs.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EnPassant

I have read some of Jacobs opinion on the matter, not as much as I should have, but Jacobs, in my opinion is representative of that darker more paranoid side of this. Again I go back to what frequency are we working with if an experience is one of fright and threat?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Maybe it's because there are no aliens visiting the earth.
Two billion phones with cameras and nothing.

exactly,
what sucks too is that supposed famous belgian triangle ufo which was everywhere credited as `the most credible ufo picture ever`

a few years back was admitted to being a hoax

lets be realistic

there is nothing tangible, nothing -

I simply cant understand this, varying officers around Eupen had this tracked for over an hour at close quarters. Ita just outrageous to me you would dismiss it because some other random guy hoaxed a pic of it? If you dont think this case is a legit UFO, I would give up, nothing is going to convince you. For those interested , you can get a walk through of the sighting by the actual officers during this Unsolved Mysteries episode. Alien or no, I would love to sucker bet anyone as to whether this sighting occurred or not.

sorry, there really isnt, im not interested in mufon reports, or a youtube video of a dot of light. sorry

Not sure why not, MUFON reports are a mixed bag like all reports, its a shame they dont have the funding to do their own thing instead of letting the History channel run the show(Hangar 1), but hey, nothings free.

Few MUFON reports for those interested

link1

link2

link3
edit on 27-8-2016 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I think most humans understand and agree that there are Extra Terrestrials visiting Earth. Thousands of hours of TV shows (both fiction and investigative) have conditioned us to accept that we're not alone.

It's interesting when a rare daylight UFO is seen by many people at once, like at Chicago's O'Hare airport in 2006. But these type of sightings are few and far between. Even then, most people interviewed simply shrugged it off, saying "as long as they're friendly, that's fine."

So it's not that the sightings are "boring". It's just that they're nothing surprising. Not anymore. However, interest would be off the charts if one actually landed long enough for a lot of video footage to be taken. I think even the mainstream religions would accept their existence far more easily today, than 100 years ago.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: EnPassant
I have read some of Jacobs opinion on the matter, not as much as I should have, but Jacobs, in my opinion is representative of that darker more paranoid side of this. Again I go back to what frequency are we working with if an experience is one of fright and threat?

Yes, they are not angels, as some would like to believe.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

Debunkers are still working over the Phoenix lights. If you type "mass UFO sighting" into your search you should come up with some interesting stuff. I see good cell phone video fairly often. I also check casebook and other sites that collect data. I've seen pretty interesting stuff right here.

GOOD cellphone footage

My [fooftr27] pic, of a Space Alien Hiding Behind Fossil Rock, that I photographed in the summer of 1972, at Calvert Cliffs, Maryland.

www.youtube.com...

No takers???

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

I did see that. My eyes are not as sharp as they once were and had a hard time seeing what you do.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You’re right because the aliens have established for years their modes operandi and it proves their successful whatever the hell it is.

They have normalized their tactics

But I believe one fine day things will heat up again

So beware

And believe me at that time you won’t be bored!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Jayceedove

You are Welcome.

After years of on-line research I have come to the same conclusions as you as to the dullness that has overtaken most of UFOlogy. I found my answers in the dark corners of discussion groups and forums where the ridicule remained at a minimum and allowed each of us to compare notes, video footage not required. How does one describe such a shattering of that nice safe and acceptable paradigm? Explaining the really high strangeness that over whelms your life is a lot easier with the crazies that can relate. Ridicule keeps the really interesting stuff hidden.

I have had a wild and interesting ride. I answer one question for myself that then gives birth to another.

Your work provided a bit of solace for me, and I felt free to embrace all of those questions without feeling like a total nut case.

One thing that sticks like glue in my mind was a message that disclosure is happening one person at a time. When you are in the right spot at the right time with the right vibe you get to see, and the real prize is you get to feel.

Thanks for stopping by.

Very well stated.

I view it the same way. Disclosure really is a personal thing one person at a time. Once something truly otherworldly has been witnessed, it can't be unseen again. And people who do see the truly strange or other worldly things, can't be told by someone who didn't see it, that all it was, was some prosaic thing, especially when it really wasn't. Some people here think everything has a prosaic explanation, but then they never got to see something unexplained by their own standards.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

GOOD cellphone footage

www.youtube.com...

No takers???

The supposed alien is located in the lower right hand side of the photograph, on the shoreline with him seated on a fossil rock, just behind a large Miocene Age fossil boulder.

The alien/alien robot...is possibly wearing a inverted U-Shaped helmet [with sun reflection reflecting off the top of his metallic helmet. The creature has two black optical round eyes, a long nose with a two inch vertical slit coming up from the bottom center of his nose, and a smile of a Zen Buddha that has just achieved satori; with a possible camera on the right side of his helmet.

The alien is average adult human height...with his right leg and foot extending past the right side of the large fossil boulder, that has a light fleshy kind of color.

Interesting image capture Erno86

edit on 8/27/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

GOOD cellphone footage

www.youtube.com...

No takers???

The supposed alien is located in the lower right hand side of the photograph, on the shoreline with him seated on a fossil rock, just behind a large Miocene Age fossil boulder.

The alien/alien robot...is possibly wearing a inverted U-Shaped helmet [with sun reflection reflecting off the top of his metallic helmet. The creature has two black optical round eyes, a long nose with a two inch vertical slit coming up from the bottom center of his nose, and a smile of a Zen Buddha that has just achieved satori; with a possible camera on the right side of his helmet.

The alien is average adult human height...with his right leg and foot extending past the right side of the large fossil boulder, that has a light fleshy kind of color.

Interesting image capture Erno86

Thanks...Ophiuchus 13

I was just recently able to blow-up that photograph in my computer, and I discovered what looks like the alien's left shoulder and three fingers of his right hand resting on top of the Miocene fossil boulder.

If you check out my second picture - Space Alien Petroglyph -- Taken about 3 years later than my first photo --- Which might be a self portrait geoglyph carving of the possible space alien entity I took a picture of earlier in 1972.

Calvert Cliffs, Maryland...is such a wonderful place to gather Miocene fossils, and I speculate that the popularity of the location has gone galactic.
edit on 27-8-2016 by Erno86 because: deleted a word

edit on 27-8-2016 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

You are welcome Erno86, and thank you for sharing more interesting data for the minds to process
I have not seen your others mentioned image however.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join