It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even Darth Vader Had a Good Side

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Almost everyone has a good side.
Almost everyone flaunts their good side to attract others.

Doing anything else is foolish.
Call me foolish. Anyway, let's get back to you.

Do you seriously think flaunting your good side will work when someone knows your bad side?
If you get lucky, it can work.

But, I saw your true self up close.
Even Darth Vader had a good side.
edit on 25-8-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Key word almost.

Dick "Darth Vader" Cheney hardly did. About the best side of him I ever saw was him joking about people calling him Darth Vader.

Now we have Hillary "Darth Vadette" Clinton, whom might get a similar assessment, where we even have the parallel, that one time she joked about Darth Cheney being Darth Vader.

edit on 25-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Even Darth Vader had a good side.

Only in Hollywood does the hero ride to the rescue and save the day. Big Villains never have a change of heart in real life.

The real Vaders would rather die than admit they were wrong. Thats why they're Vaders.

The only way you had to stop the Nazis was to bomb their country to dust, kill as many soldiers and civilians as possible, hunt down and capture their leaders and put them on trial. Even then they all plead not guilty, remaining arrogant and defiant to the last.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I agree with what you wrote, in the big picture. But, when it comes to Star Wars, Darth Vader didn't turn away from the dark side to save the universe. He turned away from the dark side to save his son's life. I believe such a thing is totally possible for a Darth Vader-type.

In fact, your post made me think about my father (who I would consider to have a Darth Vader-type heart). When it came to his children, he had a soft spot for one of them. He wouldn't do much of anything to support his biological children. But, when it came to my half-sister (his adopted daughter), he was different. He let her stay in his home rent free until her early twenties (let's just say that was light years better than how treated his biological children). He gave her more financial help (a loan) to buy her first car than he gave his biological children (which was none). And, he paid for her wedding (it was a lot of money). He did no such things for his biological children, not even close.

So, I believe the characterization of Darth Vader in Star Wars is not that far-fetched based on my own experience. I've read and heard of other similar stories too.
edit on 25-8-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

But, when it comes to Star Wars, Darth Vader didn't turn away from the dark side to save the universe. He turned away from the dark side to save his son's life. I believe such a thing is totally possible for a Darth Vader-type.

Sorry I know you mean well and all...

star wars is a fairy tail.

Your dad played favorites, like any good jerk. Thats divisive treatment favoring one over others. Just to piss off the other ones probably.

spite

favoritism

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
So the manipulative, authoritarian world you fear is a projection of your father. That makes a lot of sense. I wonder how many other members of ATS have this same issue.

Sounds like you may be getting somewhere processing the pain. Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

That was a hilarious post.

Star Wars is a fairy tale. But, changing the way Darth Vader did to save a loved one is a common theme in fiction (and even in real life I believe). You're the first person I've come across who thinks it's far-fetched.

a reply to: pl3bscheese

Fear? Do I know you?

You've turned being unlikable into a science. It's impressive.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

But, changing the way Darth Vader did to save a loved one is a common theme in fiction (and even in real life I believe)

Rarely. But you can believe that if you like. Thats what scam artists are looking for, credulous types. Its also why they fill fiction wth the notion. So you believe in the good deep inside, giving the bad free reign to destroy the planet.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

What you don't like is someone seeing you better than you see yourself. It's understandable. I've had countless women astonished and turn me down stating they felt powerless because I gleaned much more than they could.

It's all good.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

If you would have asked me if Star Wars is propaganda, I would have given you a completely different response. I believe those films are propaganda on many different levels.

I was just explaining that I feel Darth Vader turning from the dark side to save his son's life isn't that far-fetched.

a reply to: pl3bscheese

You know me so well that you don't even know my sex. I'm male.

I want to comment on this thread. It's great to see an in-depth discussion of the plot of a short story here. It should happen more often.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I was just explaining that I feel Darth Vader turning from the dark side to save his son's life isn't that far-fetched.

The youth turned warrior, killing the evil warlord and rescuing the princess is the oldest story line. Its a winner because people identify wth it.

Thats why the overlords throughout history retell it. It keeps the people distracted so the real evil overlords can go on killing and conquering.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Thanks for that Cheney bit. Souless, heartless, cretin. He's happy to keep pace(maker) with his star wars counterpart.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
@Even Darth Vader Had a Good Side
Perhaps the Vader offspring Reflective of that side
XYlophone or eXXtraterrestrial meta contact, was the question 👀
I'm sure even he Luke would understand, with his... XraY vision

top topics

join