It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

opinions on male gender role activities

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Despite the stereotypes of women in kitchens... True or False: most Chefs are men?

Except Gordon Ramsey. He's a biatch...

Oo

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: peppycat

Littleburgh... shes a member. Strokes or not. She's smarter than I on any given day. Always teaching. Suduko, yep she is still teaching me math. Math makes my Thinkerbox hurt.

And if Sublimecraft is offering foot rubs. TAKE IT!
LOL..🤗

Suduko is an evil torture technique used by evil tortureres to torture those of us incapable, evilly.

1 to 9, I mean come on..

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
But I don't understand? Why are these only manly things? I'm a man, and yes, I can build houses, kill bugs (and larger creatures) and even roast a chicken...

But I also wash my own cloths, sweep and mop my own floors, do my own cooking etc.

I don't believe in gender roles, feminists have been fighting for equal rights for a long time, now let the chickens roost.
I believe every human should be able to look after themselves - next time there is a large spider in your house, catch/kill it yourself - otherwise you are a waste of a human being.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Asthma is not related to grammatical errors. Then again neither are gender roles limited to opening doors.

Do you want me to be blunt. Get laid and maybe you will learn about gender roles. Beyond that get over it. We are humans living in this world. And your angry judgements are not helping your issues with the other sex.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's because men do it for a little hobby.....we HAVE to do it or the male species would probably die. My son (33yrs) couldn't survive except on take-aways

Women have been brought up for thousands of years to take care of men..simple! Men swap mums for wives and just continue as they were. There are nearly always more men still living at home with mum than women, we tend to get out there and leave home far sooner than men coz we can multi task! lol
edit on 25-8-2016 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Your ignorance is shocking. I'm 23, your sons inability at cooking at the age off 33 is a testament to your bad parenting.
People, please raise independent kids, it isn't difficult.

Also, there is no 'male species', we are homo-sapiens-sapiens. There is a male and female gender.
I believe that this gender division that some individuals perceive is created through ego and jealousy.

The ego tells you I am male/female therefore the one I am part of must be better!
People are idiots... skin color this, gender division that...
When can we all just stop talking and start working towards a better humanity?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

No need to be bloody rude! The comment about my son was said tongue in cheek hence the emoticon. Jeez

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Wasn't being rude - the truth just hurts.
Think before you post.
Edit before you post.
Your words have meaning on this site, don't let your voice go to waste.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
so in my study of human nature i figure men are good for a few things... opening jars, #1... helping with bugs in home#2....choosing what tv program is suitable to watch...what clothing is appropriate for public.... knowing the time....and....cooking meat items...except for chicken.
some will even open a door now and again,,,oh they should be really good at complimenting the food items prepared by kitchen staff...especially the maine cook..
they are very good at driving very fast down the road...pretending to buy an alcohlic beverage...good thing for a female gender role to have some snacks and gifts on hand in case they are really bad fellows..(bar situation...man will stalk a female for 2.50$) so be pepared in a gender role for angrey mad at women types that used them for money
some males are good for a game of poool or selecting tunes to listen to...
what do you folks think a male is good for? some might even ...never mind a man might help ypu find work in the world ..butthat is usually up to self sufficiancy....men are really good at making work a dirty word... like hooker or pro...sad that is why i don't care for them...worky worcky

what is a better word for the defiled word that is work? occupational environment?
thanks for reading something of a rant although i am not completely ill from life yet and so what are male gender roles good for or what are the negatives? thanks sorry for the writing erroers i'm diagnoised with a diasability....stroke sufferer and asthma
:

Gosh Peppycat, I don't even really know where to start to reply. I feel so badly for you and I don't even know you. I can't imagine where you must live or the folks you must have encountered in your life, male or female. It appears from the outside looking in on this forum and by reading what you have chosen to share in your posts here (small glimpses inside your world, I'm sure) that you have met some predator type folks and don't have any strong and caring individuals in your life. Perhaps that is a misconception but that is how it appears to me.

That said, I think that gender roles are decided by the individuals in a relationship. They can be different from relationship to relationship. I believe folks naturally will settle into whatever roles they are comfortable with or excel at.

opening jars, #1... helping with bugs in home#2....choosing what tv program is suitable to watch...what clothing is appropriate for public.... knowing the time....and....cooking meat items...except for chicken.
some will even open a door now and again,,,oh they should be really good at complimenting the food items prepared by kitchen staff...especially the maine cook..

Hope this helps give you a slightly different perspective/ideas:
There are tools that you can buy to help you open jars or just bang the side of the lid on the counter once or twice and it will usually open up right easily. Also, you can try to master your fear of bugs, sometimes, by scooping it up onto a dustpan or piece of cardboard and just set it outside. We are so much bigger than them.
Men wouldn't always know what is suitable to watch on TV for you. You can surely make the decision of what you want to watch. Only you know what is appropriate for you, assuming you are a mature adult.
Again, with clothing choices, the above applies as well.
You can teach yourself quite easily and with a little practice how to cook all foods and well.
Having the door held for me is nice and it doesn't matter if it's from a male or female (I'll hold the door open for both genders) it is just polite manners, in my opinion.

I truly wish you luck on this journey you are taking and hope that you find peace and happiness. I also hope that you are able to meet some good people with good hearts who can be strong and confident peers that you may admire and want to emulate their behaviors. Be strong Peppycat. Don't forsake your happiness because of how other folks think you should be living. Including anything that I have said. If you are happy, which in my opinion it rarely sounds as if you are, then carry on. If you are not then make a plan, set a goat/time frame and get on with living.

Good luck to you friend!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
There is a lot of overlap in the Venn diagram of gender roles, but current culture would have you believe the circles are almost completely merged as one.

Men and women are different by design and that's a good thing.

So what are men good for? Being great friends, husbands, fathers, brothers...

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
HOWEVER - I give the best foot rubs. These are the facts.

It's true, he does.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Give it a rest. Who the hell are you to be dishing out posting advice exactly? I've been on this site donkeys years think I may just have got to grips with it now cheers

Your comments were rude inaccurate and you clearly failed to see the humour intended. Not my problem but your problem.
Like so many lately, your post added bugger all to the thread and once again was merely designed to get a rise out of people i.e. me! so there you go....you win clever you...you got your wish

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's already in so many studys that men have far better spacial skills than women (the ability to see something that's not there in 3d....women on the other hand have far better skills at organization & numbers (math).....hence why we men have to move a sofa or picture many times for the women (till it's right). These aren't my ramblings, there facts. It's why men & women are perfect for each other.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
They're MEN, not "males." There's a difference.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

You were the one to claim that one gender is above another, I merely suggested that humans should stop seeing divise lines.

If an individual at the age of 20 can't look after themselves thorougly someone failed them during childhood or they failed themselves.

Either way, I want people to be self-sufficient and responsible for their own happiness.
Obviously I struck a chord in the process.
Apologies.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

I've always said "All a woman really needs is a good mechanic"

All joking aside. I know a woman who is an architect, my sister is my hero - she's lived alone most of her life, and can do just about anything, except for the brakes on her car; but I bet if she had too, she would do it.

I've been single for about 5 years, and at first it was scary, but my sister taught me the basics of a car engine, tire pressure, and that has helped me a lot.

A good man is a gift, and without them, life would not carry on.

*was suppose to be a reply to peppy - sorry for the confusion Barry*

edit on 25-8-2016 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Those qualities depend on development and epigentics. Of course men will be better spacially aware, they forced us to play with soccerballs. Of course woman will be better at decorating, they've been playing house since they were 5.

Most of what we see today as 'gender rolls' has been bread into society.
Girls play with easy bake ovens and boys with toy guns,
So one day the wife can cook while the man goes to war.

People have been brainwashed for far to long, now we perceieve these created roles as truth.
Wake up.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I didn't say one gender was above the other...I intimated that the genders have had different roles from time immemorial and its stuck despite all our progressiveness...women STILL assume the role of housewife & mother like it or not. Conditioning and all that

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I'm glad to see you on here. I've been thinking about you since that post where you said you were having roommate troubles. I hope everything is going well for you!

I think that with each couple, the ideal male and female role dynamics differ. I think they also change in different circumstances.

edit on 25-8-2016 by paperdoll because: typo

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Lol what is a better word for the defiled word that is work..(?)

So men are just like some kind of accessory to you..?

And the weird insecure defensiveness of prostitutes..

edit on 25-8-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join