It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 ( or more ) steps to heal America. Vote Deadlyhope!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
So, I have some ideas that I think would really help this nation, tell me what you think - If I come up with reasonable ideas, if you have your own. If you disagree with any of my ideas...

Anyways! Here I go.

1. Set congressional, senatorial, and judicial term limits to the same as the president, though staggered so the president can/has to work with some new group of people mid-term.

2. Set congress and senate pay to be the median wage of the people - Possibly with bonuses ( even big bonuses ) based on economic growth - Said numbers NOT being "analyzed" or "determined" by themselves.

3. Increase tariffs as well as enhance trade policies to include fair work clauses - Reject child and slave labor, for instance.

4. Number 3 being a part of this goal, enhance the lives of citizens across the world through fair commerce and resource-efficient humanitarian efforts. Seek advanced solutions to share our economic prosperity with others in ways that build everyone up.

5. Decriminalize nearly all drugs. Legalize, educate about Marijuana. Release all people put in jail for these reasons.

6. Put in place a "Fair Tax" - Taxes to be based on consumption at a fairly flat rate which can change depending on the product. Drugs/Other Entertainment sources could be taxed higher than food and necessities ( food, shelter, services ), for instance. Corporations would be charged something like a 15-20% tax on Net profits - Net because they should be able to gather these taxes from consumers ( gross ), nearly eliminating their own tax liability and making America a great place to do business.

7. Get rid of almost all other forms of taxes, including Social Security - And drastically change SS to be more like a 401k fund, or personal account of types - Cannot be touched by the Fed for any reason. - Also, get rid of the IRS as we know it.

8. Divorce the Fed from corporations, including medical/health industries other than for important regulation purposes ( As in, a degree is required to be a doctor, or as in, you can't just dump pollution into rivers. )

9. Regarding healthcare-
A. Maximize lawsuit payouts and require most all cases to be handed in small claims courts.
B. Decide the more efficient and reasonable of single-payer systems, and voucher-based free-market systems.
C. With A in place, reduce FDA restrictions and allow research and development to thrive, allowing companies
to seek cures to all types of ailments through shorter trials and less restrictions, and even explore alternative
ways to cure. ( Supplements, herbs, other holistic cures, nootropics, diet, etc. )

10. Regarding health -
A. Study flouride extensively, ban the substance if found to be toxic. To be done by a third party.
B. Same with GMO's.
C. Require labeling 1000000% of the time ( or more. ). All GMO's, all ingredients within a product, regardless of the amount, etc.

11. Remove most three-letter agencies, restructure those still believed to be necessary. ( FDA - major overhauls and firing every current worker, for instance. )

12. Allow states, even cities, to control how they spend a lot of the money earned in their areas - Create a system for collaboration to be able to compare differing policy and economic differences and the results of those differences.

13. Increase border control while creating an easier path to become a legal citizen. Allow those already in the country to be on the short-list to take that path of citizenship. Detailed background checks being a part of the process for any person desiring to be a citizen, and for any refugee coming into the country.

14. Get rid of most legislation that deems money to be "free speech".

15. Require those with charity status to spend 80% or more on actual charitable causes, with complete responsibility and accountability to how that money is spent. No, you can't give Haiti a "million dollar" bag of hot-dogs. ( or whatever happened there )

16. Subsidize renewable energy research and development, and systematically move away from non-renewable and polluting sources.
( Recognize climate change as a threat, and act responsibly and ethically about it without making things partisan/over the top. )

On the fence about these - May need some changes
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------
1. Hold the media accountable for spreading racism, hatred, crime, fear - For manipulating, lying, deceiving, controlling. Require all forms of media to have a major disclaimer if facts cannot be verified in pre-determined ways. ( IE a big huge 5 minute-long message that says " THE FOLLOWING MIGHT BE BULL #, AND MIGHT NOT BE WORTH WATCHING " ) -Though, Be sure to realize the lines between denying free speech while ensuring the media doesn't spread chaos - And possibly cost people their lives, their dignity, their safety, etc.

2. Look into all current politicians - If a trail of money or connections to any other entity can be connected to a trail of policies, manipulations, deceptions, etc, deem them terrorists and lock them up.

3. Do the same for corporations. ( IE, Goldman Sachs uppers would all be in jail. )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------

Anyways, I really could keep going for quite a while, but I think these are some of the important ones. Let me know what you think! What you have to add, what you want to debate, etc. Look forward to it!

Deadlyhope.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
OK.. put your name on the ballot and you've got my vote Deadlyhope!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thanks! Let me know if you think any need alteration, or removal or if you have any additions

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

All good ideas , I'm sure everyone has their own list too.

..... but all politically incorrect .

It took centuries of careful manipulation to get us here .
.... not something they can let go !

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Vote for me!

1) Abolish the President of the USA and Establish the Queen of England as head of state.

2) Abolish Congress and replace it instead with a US parliment made up of multiple parys

3) Abolish the supreme court and replace it with a.........ok well Keep the supereme court.

4) Replace the stars in your flag to a union jack.

5) Change name from United states of America to United Kingdom of America.

6) Make afternoon tea obligatory.

7) Make all US cop were funny UK police hats

8) soccar is to be made the national sport BUT the united Kingdom of America has to be crap at it.

9) Crumpets

10) All Americans need to go to reducation camps to learn to speak correct English and get decent accents.
edit on 25-8-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'd be happy if even ONE of those things were implemented.

I don't believe an (R) or a (D) will though.

A third party would need a very strong candidate to get enough attention. Someone already famous. Gary Johnson nor Jill Stein are going to get it done.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: zosimov

Thanks! Let me know if you think any need alteration, or removal or if you have any additions

I really really wish that someone like you would have a fighting chance at politics.

The only things I'd add would be some policy to clean up our education system (get rid of the No Child Left Behind policy to start), and to create a program where skilled volunteers (or pay them, I don't care) could set up weekend workshops in the poorest neighborhoods to teach certain skills like carpentry, plumming, gardening, electricial skill, heating/air-conditioning--sure, few (very few) might show, but we might be surprised!

new topics

top topics

join