It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Training for Martial Law? Probably Not.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Recently it was brought to my attention that a memo was being passed around that Fort Carson in Colorado was gearing up for martial law. I was immediately suspicious of it and I was right to be since the memo listed TONS of erroneous information. Not to mention that I have a lot of friends who have PCS'd to Fort Carson over the last couple of years.

Here's the fake memorandum:

Here's the story from Task and Purpose, a veteran run news and commentary online magazine.
This Fake Army Memo Claims Fort Carson Troops Are Training To Enforce Martial Law

The memo, which spread from Facebook to sites shopping conspiracy theories, looks authentic at first glance. It appears to be on Fort Carson letterhead and contains a smattering of Army terminology.

“As of 5 August 2016 2322 the Bill for the Executive Order Enacting Martial law is in effect,” the bogus memo begins. From there it lists units that will be sent to “training” for the nefarious plot. That’s where it falls apart.

The first unit listed is the post’s 1st Brigade Combat Team, which according to the memo has 350 soldiers. The brigade has 4,000. The second unit listed – the “1st Infantry Brigade Combat Team” – doesn’t exist.

I'm posting this because throughout my military career there is always some stupid rumor or another about how us soldiers are going to voluntarily round up and subjugate/kill our own countrymen. It gets old. But this is how bull# spreads folks. Don't buy into the hype.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Fake document - thanks for sharing this. I did hear about this through some friends - even if it is a "training", perhaps it makes sense for the military to practice these operations being that there are racial tensions and civilian vs. police narratives going on

I agree with OP that this is not legit. You'd think there would be more than 1 page - and someone trusted in the military would just leave this out in the open for someone to leak it so easily to the world wide web? I don't think so, we would have seen more than one shotty cover page

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Typically Memos like this are called Warning Orders. They let leaders know who and what is being tasked to a particular mission. The format is all wrong for a WARNO.

Nothing like this is taking place. 90% of military operation training over the last 15 years has been about operations in the Middle East.

This is not to say that the military doesn't train for other things. 8 months ago we were training for DCRF missions which are stateside. Those missions center around things like disaster relief and rescue, firefighting operations which I've been a part of, and training for nuclear, biological, or chemical threats.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Outstanding job of debunking !!!
A lot more of this needs to be done.
The amount of propaganda being feed to the civilian population is enormous.
The same methods and procedures we used years ago to destabilize foreign countries internally are now being used against the American citizenry.

It does not and will not take a large group of people to believe this Bravo Sierra, but just a few.
To provoke them into a violent act or response is all that is required.
That's all it will take to trigger a event that the Left can fully exploit and take full advantage of.
Sugar is at far more risk now than the Revolutionary or Civil Wars ever created.

Buck

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

I can't tell you how many times I've seen people posting stories from missions I've been a part of screaming about martial law. Little do these idiots know that my bird was flying to get Cox BBQ in Lincoln, Nebraska(as an example) after an instrument evaluation flight or a check ride for the pilots or crew chiefs.

That particular night was my RL1 check ride. Came home and saw some posts on FB about a Blackhawk "buzzing my house". We were at 5000 ft AGL at the time so I don't know how that is considered buzzing. I get tired of stupid crap like this. I've been out of the army 8 months now and still hear about all the nefarious things I did while doing airspace familiarity training within the 250NM area surrounding Fort Riley.
edit on 24 8 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 24 8 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

join