It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those onions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I wanted to talk about life itself. Maybe not to its extent, but more of its meaning and purpose for me.. I believe when this life is over, there isnt anything else. I dont need a reason or a purpose, i dont need a higher intervention or a goal to make my life feel more meaningful.
Most things i learned about myself, did not come from the human society. It came from my best friend, also called a " mans best friend "
Another specie taught me how to be greatful, to be happy for the simple things in life.. To always cheerish everyday, and if you feel like doing nothing, then dont..
He taught me to follow my instincts, but most of all, he taught me what love actually is.

I dont try to act cool, or be the tough guy, its not my way of life..
When i see the post members in here about their dogs passing away.. I tear up, cause i know they taught you more about life than anyone else will.. I always remember the most important lesson they taught, enjoy everyday and be happy.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Very thoughtful sentiments. Very nice.

I don't agree with your take on what happens when we die but I have heard that if you burn a candle close to the cutting area that the onions won't have as potent an effect.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

He taught me to follow my instincts, but most of all, he taught me what love actually is.

Nothing like a dog to teach us love, loyalty, enduring friendship. Better examples than most humans.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Nice post.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
I wanted to talk about life itself. Maybe not to its extent, but more of its meaning and purpose for me.. I believe when this life is over, there isnt anything else. I dont need a reason or a purpose, i dont need a higher intervention or a goal to make my life feel more meaningful.
Most things i learned about myself, did not come from the human society. It came from my best friend, also called a " mans best friend "
Another specie taught me how to be greatful, to be happy for the simple things in life.. To always cheerish everyday, and if you feel like doing nothing, then dont..

I dont try to act cool, or be the tough guy, its not my way of life..
When i see the post members in here about their dogs passing away.. I tear up, cause i know they taught you more about life than anyone else will.. I always remember the most important lesson they taught, enjoy everyday and be happy.

Maybe it's due to the nature of my childhood. At the beginning I thought I knew what love was...but people fall victim to their ego and their addictions, and that can destroy any childs view of love. However my dogs, and cats, my best friends that i've been so blessed to know in life, have taught me what true, mutually unconditional love is.

I, like many, have had dogs or cats come and go in life. Once they pass on, they can never be replaced, but we have a beautiful chance to make room in our hearts for another. I'll cry every time one of my lil bud's meets their maker, but I'll also be happy to know I was blessed with the chance to spend their lives with them, to return their love, and make memories with them. They may not live as long as us, but while they are here, they are truly something special, never to be forgotten.

-Alee

join