It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faster Then Light Speed, Can We Do It?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
i may be able to help you out with this question.

Its a lot of typing though. But the answer is yes.

Also. Id ignore dark matter altogether and neutrinos. Mass both as resting and inertial are byproducts that can be prevented from forming.

Also the albacurrie drive is stupid. Id dismiss that one too. Its not how theyre doing it.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Crack anti matter and you have FTL.

Crack superposition quantum theory and you have a blink drive, also know as instant teleportation throught the universe.

My mind tells me that anti matter does not exist in this universe but in an equal yet opposite parallel universe.

In order to harness anti matter one would first need to master black hole relativity in hopes of creatinh a stable worm hole into an anti parallel universe.

Any mass construct of an anti parallel universe brought back into a local parallel universe would in theory have anti gravitative properties. Since mass is a function gravity without gravity mass would equal zero.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: BlackProject

That's exactly what the alcubierre drive does. It in a sense, 'breaks' physics as we know. We still don't travel beyond the speed of light, ever. We simply just bend space to bring it closer to us. Ha, I said simply as if the process and possible side effects are nothing.

I never knew its name but I have heard of this method before but thanks for letting me know the name. Certainly this method seems to be the best process that could occur being that it would take no time to travel, at least much much faster in comparison to the idea of travelling even at light speed, as it would still takes years to travel light years. Not that your not aware of this friend.

If negative mass and an inertia type effect could be achieved locally to a craft then that sure would allow us to reach anywhere instantly. Wouldn't that be fun, our search for other planets and life would be like a day out at the park. Have a casual look around.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
i may be able to help you out with this question.

Its a lot of typing though. But the answer is yes.

Also. Id ignore dark matter altogether and neutrinos. Mass both as resting and inertial are byproducts that can be prevented from forming.

Also the albacurrie drive is stupid. Id dismiss that one too. Its not how theyre doing it.

If you could post just names and some kind of link to one or two theories I would be more then happy to take a look. I would love to know what has been mentioned that maybe has passed me by. If you could of course.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The drive you can't even spell correctly is stupid? Your misspelling of it alone tells me you have zero idea of what it is in general.

While the properties surrounding it are unrealistic and definitely unachievable with modern tech, it makes a whole lot more sense than re-writing relativity. It's actually supported by Einstein's theory, because relativity acknowledges the curvature of space-time.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AlongCamePaul

Um, positrons (anti matter ) are tracked by middle school kids in science experinents using cloud chambers. You know that right?

Or that nearly every hospital has this common device called a PET Scan? It stands for Positron (antimatter) Emission Topography.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCamePaul
Crack anti matter and you have FTL.

Crack superposition quantum theory and you have a blink drive, also know as instant teleportation throught the universe.

My mind tells me that anti matter does not exist in this universe but in an equal yet opposite parallel universe.

In order to harness anti matter one would first need to master black hole relativity in hopes of creatinh a stable worm hole into an anti parallel universe.

Any mass construct of an anti parallel universe brought back into a local parallel universe would in theory have anti gravitative properties. Since mass is a function gravity without gravity mass would equal zero.

Very interesting what you wrote here.

In regards to the parallel universe and anti matter. If it was possible that there is numerous others parallel universes then maybe changing frequency (in a sense) here on earth would materialise us (drop from this universe, into another) merely by loosing connection (frequency) with this world. Could be the reason for some UFO sightings being seen then materialising away. Could be that we are seeing other craft from other universes wrongfully slipping away from their own worlds. As we know, by playing with fundamental space and time (so far as we know) you would dissolve where you stand but not necessarily appear where you was in space.

Hope that makes sense, think I am getting square eyes now looking at the screen.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

The albacurrie drive or whatever you spell it has been discredited by physicists a while ago. Its not how they do it. As for the subject matter. I know more about it than everybody in this thread.

Do you understand Quantum Electro Dynamics or Gauge Vector Physics. If so then we can have a conversation.

The albacurrie drive is asinine. There are ways to perturb space time and the value of C exponentionally. And eliminate the cause of inertial mass at the same time.

You know much about spontanious photon emission supression? Or how poynting vectors work?

As for einstiens relativity. Its mostly right but critically wrong with its geodesics. Even einstein admitted it was a failure. Lockheed and others had to pay folks a lot of money to fix the math.
edit on 24-8-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Its not how they do it.

When you say this, so how do they do it then? Just wondering because you replied to me with the same, as I said to you before I would appreciate any information you could give in regards to any plausible methods of achieving light speed travel or faster than. I understand something like this matter is not explained in a one line reply, so whenever you can.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Oh, you are an electric-universe theory supporter.

The albacurrie drive or whatever you spell it has been discredited by physicists a while ago.

Is this your personal thought? Or do you actually have something to back that up.

There are ways to perturb space time and the value of C exponentionally.

Are we hiding this info with the ufo's at area 51? You do realize by saying exponentially you implicate rates of the speed of light times the speed of light right? That is what an exponent is.

You know much about spontanious photon emission supression? Or how poynting vectors work?

No clue, care to link me?

As for einstiens relativity. Its mostly right but critically wrong with its geodesics.

How so? No one has been able to discredit it as of yet, are you the one Neo?

Even einstein admitted it was a failure.

He did? When?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Hell no im not an electric universe supporter.

I support the work of our militarys efforts in that arena. Theyve gotten farther than you think.

Some of the things operate using QED (not relativity. ) and Gauge physics pertaining to poynting vectors and refraction indexes in accord with spontaneous photon emission vectors to natch impedance. 476ohms of inpedance to be exact.

Others use Quantum EM Squeezing & signals mixing while inside a "dark" soliton phase conjugate laser induced EM resonant plasma cavity. Of course bose einstein condensates are important if your ever going to get conjugate beam to lower in frequency while simultaniously raising the gain on the noise signal if you ever want to dip below the noise shot threshold Generally allowed by the universe. You know heisenberg and planck.

Um, no every physicist thinks the drive is a novel but naive concept when critically reviewed. You can look it up. Do your homework.

I know what exponential means and i used it correctly and that is indeed what im implying. You can change drastically the goal posts for the value of C. C has the value it does for a reason.

They dont hide them in nevada☺

Look up the principles behind spontanious photon emission your self lazy dude.

Damn you know how much typing id have to do to explain all of this stuff. And from my phone. Hell no.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Man for somebody who knows all this stuff youd think youd have noticed by now that the de broglie wavelength is identicle to the compton frequency oscillations of particles as they are doppler shifting via a accelerating reference frame.

You know zitterbewegung and all that. Who came up with that was is the electric universe guys ????.... No thats wasnt it....bob lazar....nooooo notvhim either. It will cone to me.... Oh yeah!! Shrodinger!! thats who it was!

**in the voice of chancellor Palpatine**
"Did you ever hear the story of Darth Bare Chargus the Ubiquitous?"

Put the two together now. Any revelations?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

So to travel the speed of light or faster, you would need to contain no mass.

This in essence is the baffling question. We are mass, our spaceships are mass, everything we do, is mass. So my first query was to find something that contain no mass.

Bingo, it can be done. read the thread in my signature to get some glimpses

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Often the question of most scientists. Can we travel faster then light and considering our aim to travel the stars and with recent findings of the new planet Proxima B it would be a good time to finally solve this mystery. However, this is obviously been a problem for science for many years now.

So to travel the speed of light or faster, you would need to contain no mass.

This in essence is the baffling question. We are mass, our spaceships are mass, everything we do, is mass. So my first query was to find something that contain no mass.

Neutrino's and Dark Matter

Neutrino are interesting as they are supposed to travel faster then light, I say supposed because this was quickly debunked by various science communities.

Other researchers are cautious about the result, but if it stands further scrutiny, the finding would overturn the most fundamental rule of modern physics—that nothing travels faster than 299,792,458 meters per second.

However the question always resided at, what did the establishment have to loose if this was true? After all, this would undermine physics as a whole. Maybe they wanted to stab it's public interest dead in the water.

Neutrinos can pass through all matter, as it is theorised that...

Neutrinos rarely interact with ordinary matter, and they easily pass through solids that would screen out most other particles. So neutrino beams could be used to send messages through the Earth, or to communicate with a planetary rover parked on the far side of Mars, out of radio contact.

link

With this in mind they are supposed to contain little to no mass.

What we do not see, however, is that the universe is filled with particles called neutrinos. These particles — have no charge and have little or no mass — created less than one second after the Big Bang, and large numbers of these primordial low-energy neutrinos remain in the universe today because they interact very weakly with matter.

Dark Matter is theorised emptiness, stated as nothing. However.....

Since nothing is just empty space or vacuum, it can expand faster than light speed since no material object is breaking the light barrier," said theoretical astrophysicist Michio Kaku on Big Think. "Therefore, empty space can certainly expand faster than light.

So dark matter is a substance that moves faster then light, dark matter is mass moving faster then light speed.

link

From the words of Michio Kaku, ''Therefore, empty space can certainly expand faster than light.'' With this being said and other experiments showing other findings, it would deem that there is substances that travel faster then light. With Dark matter being utilised as also not having mass, maybe this substance along with neutrinos and other mysterious particles can also be used to overall achieve a greater understanding of how we may as humans travel in the future faster then light or at least, send signals that are instantaneous.

With this interesting note at the end, "empty space" is actually full of temporary ("virtual") particles that continually form and then disappear.''

link

If so could mass be created virtually as we know it and sent as a ripple effect of data to be created on the other side of the coin we wish to reach. Therefore dissolving the mass problem of the equation as in essence we would be beaming messages or even humans to distant planets to be recreated or rather skipped along.

Similar to that of the famous Telsa experiment the Philadelphia Experiment.

It was at this point (the vanishing of the Eldridge) that the true power of the electromagnetic field that had been created was revealed. The Eldridge had not only vanished from the view of observers in Philadelphia, it had vanished from Philadelphia all together! The ship had been instantly transported several hundred miles - from Philadelphia to Norfolk, Virginia. After a few minutes, the ship once again vanished, to return to Philadelphia.

link

186k is not the barrier. It's the barrier of light. In fact, it's not even a barrier.

Separated particles display instantaneous reactions to each other. THAT'S fast than light. And it's information!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
If you can manipulate entanglement to materialize and dematerialize anywhere why would you care about speed?
edit on 25-8-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Yes, we can do FTL travel, but there will be no real speed connected to it - ie. not in the 3rd dimensions.
We can do 4th dimension travel where we manipulate time and so space as well, meaning we can travel anywhere really, really quickly.

And then also quantum entanglement - I believe this is what ET's use to communicate, it's like sending a message and receiving it instantly on the other side, perhaps we can use this for travel purposes in the future.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Yes, we can do FTL travel, but there will be no real speed connected to it - ie. not in the 3rd dimensions.
We can do 4th dimension travel where we manipulate time and so space as well, meaning we can travel anywhere really, really quickly.

And then also quantum entanglement - I believe this is what ET's use to communicate, it's like sending a message and receiving it instantly on the other side, perhaps we can use this for travel purposes in the future.
Spot on mate. Its more like instant travel or nearly so

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21167055]BASSPLYR

As for einstiens relativity. Its mostly right but critically wrong with its geodesics. Even einstein admitted it was a failure. Lockheed and others had to pay folks a lot of money to fix the math.
not only the geodesic, but also he got the time aspect backwards
edit on 25-8-2016 by Nochzwei because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You'd need to have negative mass to go FASTER than the speed of light. No mass only gets you to the speed of light.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Ok so.."Faster than light" travel would actually be time travel. That is, traveling through a wormhole/space-time continuum/star gate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join