It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So my dog died last night, but the saddest part was today.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can relate to your sorrow since through the years my family has lost to beloved dogs. They truly become part of the family and they all have their own unique personalities just like humans. They sense when your sad and happy. Without a doubt your other dog knew her best friend passed. How sad.

The picture of your other pup standing by her best friends grave reminded me of an incident that happen a few years back. A dog was hit and killed by a car on a highway near my wife's parents house. The person who hit the dog left it on the side of the road. The family who owned the deceased dog had another dog in the family. All day they couldn't find neither dog. Later that day a neighbor was driving down the same highway and recognized their other dog sitting by his pal who passed away on the side of the road. They pulled over and tried to pull the live dog to safety and into the back seat of their car so they could return him back to their neighbor, and also give the family the bad news about the death of their other pup. What was sad is the other dog wouldn't budge. They struggled to put the live dog in their car but the dog wouldn't leave his deceased buddy's side! The entire story was on the local nightly news.

Animals have more feelings then what some people give them credit for. I couldn't imagine living my life without having a dog. Their the best companions and they're always there to comfort you and relieve the stress of everyday. Again, my condolences to you and your wife.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I didn't want to open your thread because I new it would make feel sad. But had to give you and your family a little support in times of great sadness.

May your dog run free on the fields of green and skip in the waves of the beaches in doggy heaven.

Dogs do mourn as do a lot of other animals.

My condolences.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I'm really sorry. I've always thought it was so unfair that dogs live such short lives...when they're such a great part of our lives.

To teach us about death and loss.

I think it reinforces that, we don't need to be taught. For the OP, I don't know you, but to deny empathy is far worse than denying ignorance, and is ignorance unto itself. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I think it reinforces that, we don't need to be taught.

Most of us lose our first pet dog while still in our teens. That kind of early lesson.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I truly feel your pain, I recently lost my German Sheppard about two months ago and it broke my heart. I came on ats and poured my heart out and got the most amazing help you could imagine. I owe a lot of my recovery and yes I'm saying recovery from losing him from guys on this site. It was amazing the amount of help and friendly messages that I got from here and I owe them alot.

My dog died in his sleep but I had a feeling it was coming (he was sick for a day or two and had a vets appointment the day after he passed and I knew it was going to be it) and the night before I laid on the floor next to him and stroked him, hugged him told him he was loved and the best boy in the world and that no matter how long I live he'll never be replaced and I'm glad I did I would say I wish you had a chance to say goodbye but as someone on this site told me, he knew, you don't have to tell him because they know how much they're loved.

This is the link to my post if it helps at all. I've got Midnight, who is 13 years old still going strong and a new husky pup who drives her insane. Your little one will feel the pain and I learnt that you need to try to give them a little extra love because it hits them just as hard. While I didn't bury my dog in the garden (foxes live at the back) I had him cremated and have his ashes on the side with his lead and a small dog statue on top of it and seeing it every day it helps. So trust me these guys on here will help you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss. My family has always owned purebred German shepherds. Unfortunately they only live between 10 and 12 years usually. A lot of times their hips go bad and you'll have to put them to sleep. At least you didn't have to do that.

Believe it or not he'll be waiting for you in heaven.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sorry you lost your dog. It's not easy to get over missing them. German shepherds are very good dogs.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss. Give the remaining two a little extra hug tonight.
I still miss my poopsie.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

ALL dogs go to Heaven...

I had a feeling as this loading it would be something along those lines. Since My 'Epiphany' a few years ago and whittled My daily grind down to 2 'D's' (dog park and dishes) I've been spending 24/7 w/My 3 Furs, I've determined I'd rather spend My time w/My dogs. I'm also convinced that our canine friends work mostly on 'Energy' (akasha) thats how they know that knock on the door is some turd that You don't want visiting. We just got back from the dog park and I touched base with Bella's Human. Bella is an adopted Greyhound and former racing dog that would stay out in the kennel and got scared due to the thunder. (It is lightning and thunder season here in Flori-Duh) This nice Lady is also a Grade A 'empath'. So I suggested that due to Her wearing Her human heart on Her sleeve, try and not fret about Bella being in a state of dis -stress and to think about anything else but that.. Last night's storm was 'mellow'

I don't want this to be mis-construed but that 'passing' sure beats taking "The Ride" That is the worst..

If betting were allowed- I'd bet that You/Him will 'meet again'...

Give the little sweetie a scratch on the head from Me won't You??

namaste

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I'm really sorry. I've always thought it was so unfair that dogs live such short lives...when they're such a great part of our lives.

To teach us about death and loss.

Yes. That's very true.
edit on 24-8-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
My wife and I have been through this a few times now, it never gets any easer. My condolences. Heal your broken hearts for a few months and when you know that the time is right, give a good home to another four legged friend.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

So sad and sorry to hear that. Its the only bad part of owning pets is that one day they pass..

At least he seemed to have lived a healthy life to the last moment. Maybe for that he was fortunate.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I'm sincerely sorry for your loss. We've been there a few times and I know there is nothing anyone can say or do to make it any easier, but for what it's worth, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

To the rest of your post..... When our first dog died of old age, his younger "brother" clearly missed him terribly. In fact, there was a particular type of raw-hide treat we used to give them. After the older dog's death, even years later we couldn't give the surviving dog that specific type of treat because it clearly reminded him of his deceased friend and upon seeing the treat, he would whimper and cry for hours.

If I were to try to put a silver lining on it, I guess the other dog (and the cat?) have a chance to grieve properly which I believe is probably a good thing.

God bless and you have my respectful condolences.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
My springer spaniel died suddenly during the night. I found my little schitzu-poodle licking her. I lost my mind and shoved the little one away and wept like I had never before.

I was sad for days-and the little one just laid in the same spot where my springer had died until I finally knew that she was mourning too. After that she went everywhere with me-on visits-to work. Hardly ever left her. She became everyone's best buddy.

She died when she was almost 19 and had to put her to sleep. I was absolutely inconsolable.

So sorry for your tremendous loss-I know that terrible hurt-I still hurt and that was 8 years ago.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It is an insult to intellegent life forms for man to say that animals don't feel as we do when men are animals themselves.

Animals, love, feel, and miss just as humans do. Maybe not on the same congnitive level as humans but more or less a general construct.

I am sorry for your loss. My dog past away at 13 years old a few years back. I could not remember a time I'd felt such a loss.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss

Dogs are precious, pure, innocent animals... They're a gift to humans, honestly.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I am so very sorry for your loss....I'm sure today was a sad day for your family as the shock wears off and the pain sets in.

Your little dog is going to be lost for a while.....hugs for all of you.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
How very sad! I am so sorry for your the loss of your beloved pet. I have lost many through the years and they each hold a special place in my heart.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Dude you made me cry!

I hurt for you. They know. We are are so far removed.

Love TEOT

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Words usually fail me at times like this. I'll let him
do it for me...I just opened up the thread and The
Lobster gave me a couple of dove sobs.

I asked him what's up, and then I read it. Swear it is so,
the little guy's hooked in to somewhere else I won't try
to explain either.

So long Shadow, the odd couple sends their tears too.
Don't know what I'd do without him. Mickey Rooney+feathers

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join