It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So my dog died last night, but the saddest part was today.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well my 12 year old German Shepherd died completely out of the blue last night. He was outside he barked to come in, pounced playfully on the little dog when I let him in then he went and layed down in the hallway.

About 20 minutes later my wife realized he was dead. we were shocked and did not really have a chance to get sad so we dug a hole out back and said our goodbyes.

So today we are out back smoking a cigarette and we see the saddest thing ever.

He was her best friend and boy does she miss him. Some say dogs dont know but we have never see her so solemn.
edit on 24-8-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

Rest In Peace, you poor German Shepherd whose name I don't know.
Of course she knows. She probably still smells him through all that dirt.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

So sad and shocking that your dog just went like that.

I think they do sense/smell/know where the other one is.

Of course, they would miss them.

Sorry for you and your family losing your friend of 12 years.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So sorry, sounds like he died being a happy and loved part of your family.

when I look into my dogs eyes, his tail wages. I often wonder what is going on in his Australian, beagle brain. Dogs are indeed unconditionally loving creatures.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Very sorry to hear this. I lost a weimaraner to twisted gut. It happens in larger breeds. My condolences.

Lost this little pitbull last year. Mylo, Always thinking of him is never easy.
I feel your pain.

edit on 24-8-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Wow truly sorry for your lose. And the little one looks sad. Your friend lived a good life with some good people.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

But it can be looked at in a positive light - like that dog that was weeping on his owner's tombstone (not sure if you've seen the video). It's sad but beautiful at the same time because it shows they had a real connection and how amazing animals can be.

I'm incredibly sorry for your loss, thoughts with you and your family (furry family members included)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Ty I'm usually not the type to share this on the internet. but them on the grave just got me.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

Rest In Peace, you poor German Shepherd whose name I don't know.
Of course she knows. She probably still smells him through all that dirt.

shadow. RIP

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I'm really sorry. I've always thought it was so unfair that dogs live such short lives...when they're such a great part of our lives.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Out of the blue, wow. That sucks!! I felt that same pain 8 months ago, but we knew a good 3 weeks in advance. It appears (from the pics of his pals on some freshly disturbed soil) he has been buried, so a necropsy is out of the picture, but do you have any inkling of what may have caused it? Out of the blue sounds like one minute he's healthy as a horse, the other he's passed. Is that, right? So sorry!

I've got another soon-to-be 13 year old, male vizsla that gives all 3 other dogs (3 yr old, 9 month old, and a 5 month old puppy) a run for their money and it alarms me your 12 year old just died. No signs? No nothing?? I'm petting him now as I type (you've got me a little paranoid [no worries, though, being paranoid is a prerequisite for ATS membership, no?]) and hope for you the healing process begins....

RIP *insert name*

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
He was a good looking dog. Sorry for your loss.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
a reply to: Bigburgh

Ty I'm usually not the type to share this on the internet. but them on the grave just got me.

It's absolutely ok. I came here to do the same back then. And yes that photo does take me on a "Feels Trip".
S&F... 😑

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

Out of the blue, wow. That sucks!! I felt that same pain 8 months ago, but we knew a good 3 weeks in advance. It appears (from the pics of his pals on some freshly disturbed soil) he has been buried, so a necropsy is out of the picture, but do you have any inkling of what may have caused it? Out of the blue sounds like one minute he's healthy as a horse, the other he's passed. Is that, right? So sorry!

I've got another soon-to-be 13 year old, male vizsla that gives all 3 other dogs (3 yr old, 9 month old, and a 5 month old puppy) a run for their money and it alarms me your 12 year old just died. No signs? No nothing?? I'm petting him now as I type (you've got me a little paranoid [no worries, though, being paranoid is a prerequisite for ATS membership, no?]) and hope for you the healing process begins....

RIP *insert name*

He has always had hip problems but other than that he was happy and healthy. Still had all kind of puppy left in him.

Only thing we could think of was a heart attack, but googling it that doesn't seem like the cause. no signs of distress or anything out of the ordinary.

We did just put the new vectra flea (new for us) control on all the pets about 2 weeks ago.
edit on 24-8-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
sorry for your loss

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I feel your loss, Honestly I really do.
My roommates dog chaser (Chase) had to be put down yesterday. I loved the dog like it was my own, he was family. He had been deaf for over a year and the last few weeks he had been getting sick. He had not eaten for a few days and was having trouble walking so my roommate decided it was just time to put him down. We took him to the vet to be euthanized.
Very sad days for us as well.

He was 16 years old.
R.I.P. Chase 2000-2016

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Some say dogs don't know but we have never see her so solemn.

They know, better than we do. Grieving is the same for all sentient life.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

I feel your pain. You had to watch him die. My dog just went and did it. Good dog all the way to the end.

RIP chase.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Uggg. This is my worst nightmare . Im sorry you lost your friend .a reply to: imsoconfused

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I'm really sorry. I've always thought it was so unfair that dogs live such short lives...when they're such a great part of our lives.

To teach us about death and loss.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join