It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage To Address Trump Rally.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: UKTruth

What do mean by assimilate? All the Poles I know speak good English, they just choose to marry amongst themselves, so what.
Their shops sell some fantastic meats and I'm always greeted by a friendly person serving me speaking English.

So which bit of the Polish community/society would you wish be changed? Should they become Anglican Christians and not follow their Polish bloodline while they live work and contribute to the UK economy?

What do you want them to do or conform to exactly?
Not live in the same streets together? Split them up so only one polish family per street?
I'm just throwing guesses out there because I am struggling to understand what exactly it is you want the Poles to do?

We've already discussed that and I have given you some examples. Poles do a pretty good job of assimilating into British society (which has nothing to do with sticking together). So I don't want Poles to do anything. You brought them up and, of course, they need to (and it's in their interests to) assimilate into the society they have joined like anyone else coming to the country.
edit on 30/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The number of Muslims as a percentage of that population who are at odds with core British values is too high. It's a minority of the community that sympathises with terrorists of course, but 1 in 5 is too high, especially with the refugee crisis in Europe.

1 in 5 UK based Muslims sympathise with terrorists you say?!
Wasn't that discredited tabloid poll from a while back?
20% of UK based Muslims sympathise with terrorists? Really?

You got a link or will you do the lame 'do your own research' thing?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Poles do a pretty good job of assimilating into British society (which has nothing to do with sticking together). So I don't want Poles to do anything. You brought them up and, of course, they need to (and it's in their interests to) assimilate into the society they have joined like anyone else coming to the country.

What do Muslims do that Poles don't then? Just follow a different religion?
Catholic = okay, Muslim = not okay? Is that it?
Please I'm very interested in your interpretation of what the average Muslims are doing wrong in your opinion.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I found this Channel 4 survey:
What British Muslims really think
There was this:

4% sympathise with people who take part in suicide bombings.

Q: Please tell me tell me whether you sympathise or condemn people who take part in suicide bombing to fight injustice
Net sympathise: 4% (completely sympathise: 1%, sympathise to some extent: 3%) 4% sympathise with people who commit terrorist actions as a form of political protest.

Q: To what extent do you sympathise or condemn with people who commit terrorist acts as a form of political protest?
Net sympathise: 4% (completely sympathise: 0.5: sympathise to some extent: 3.5%)

Hmm, that differs to your 1 in 5 or 20%.
I'll be interested in reading your links to support your claims.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I found this Channel 4 survey:
What British Muslims really think
There was this:

4% sympathise with people who take part in suicide bombings.

Q: Please tell me tell me whether you sympathise or condemn people who take part in suicide bombing to fight injustice
Net sympathise: 4% (completely sympathise: 1%, sympathise to some extent: 3%) 4% sympathise with people who commit terrorist actions as a form of political protest.

Q: To what extent do you sympathise or condemn with people who commit terrorist acts as a form of political protest?
Net sympathise: 4% (completely sympathise: 0.5: sympathise to some extent: 3.5%)

Hmm, that differs to your 1 in 5 or 20%.
I'll be interested in reading your links to support your claims.

Same poll - 4% agree with suicide bombing. 18% agree with violence against people who mock the Prophet Mohammed.
The poll, which is linked here covers a number of areas including women and homosexuality that show much work to be done. It's why numbers need to be limited over time, so that proper assimilation can take place. It's quite a shocking poll really and was the source for the summary by Trevor Phillips, which reads:

“But on specific issues: families, sexuality, gender, attitudes towards Jews, and on the questions of violence and terrorism, the centre of gravity of British Muslim opinion is some distance away from the centre of gravity of everybody else’s opinion.”

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Yeah but polls!
The polls were wrong at the general election, and wrong with the EU referendum.

I get where you are coming from to a certain extent, but how a nation controls immigration with questions of religion I can't see what would make a difference.
If there are controls on Muslims then which flavour? Sunni, Shia, Wahabbi?

It is a minefield but certainly wider controls on the huge expansion of the population are absolutely necessary and hopefully after 'Brexit' it will be attainable. Regardless of race or religion.
We are not so far away from each other in sensible ideology fella, just blanket bans and characterisations are not my thing.
I don't think they are yours either...you know...normal people are mostly normal people.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yeah but polls!
The polls were wrong at the general election, and wrong with the EU referendum.

I get where you are coming from to a certain extent, but how a nation controls immigration with questions of religion I can't see what would make a difference.
If there are controls on Muslims then which flavour? Sunni, Shia, Wahabbi?

It is a minefield but certainly wider controls on the huge expansion of the population are absolutely necessary and hopefully after 'Brexit' it will be attainable. Regardless of race or religion.
We are not so far away from each other in sensible ideology fella, just blanket bans and characterisations are not my thing.
I don't think they are yours either...you know...normal people are mostly normal people.

I think it's a combination of screening, limiting numbers and also spreading out the influx of immigrants to different areas. I am also not for blanket bans. There are many immigrants who fulfil vital roles in our society in the UK and more are needed in certain professions. The same way you (and I) don't agree with blanket bans, I don't agree with overpopulating areas and certainly not without adequate controls and frameworks for integration. You may have noticed from the polls that this is not a one-way problem. Many of those polled answered the questions in a way that tells me they feel cut off and isolated from the rest of the country. Some want to be, others don't.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'll agree with you there, I live in a tourist area with a 98% white British winter population.
Summer is only when we see 'multiculturalism', certainly a different world to your Luton's or Boston's.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I can't speak for Polish people, my maternal grandfather made his way here via escaping from 2 POW camps after the Polish air force was effectively destroyed, joined the RAF as a bombardier in a Wellington bomber squadron and helped make sure there was a British society some people could demand people like him should assimilate into.
He married a British woman (my grandmother, natch), and brought up his kids fairly much to be British. Maybe it's a generational thing with young Polish people today, I wouldn't know.

I've got nothing against anyone for whatever religion they follow, extremism and radicalism pose behind banners as they believe it legitimises them, the sad thing is so many people fall for it.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
I've got nothing against anyone for whatever religion they follow, extremism and radicalism pose behind banners as they believe it legitimises them, the sad thing is so many people fall for it.

Yep, same here, if it wasn't religion it would be sport or something.
Just a flag on a mast which tarnishes the majority of people who are decent.
Same sort of thing when people used to say footy fans were scum back in the days when violence was common in the stands...the overwhelming majority of people were just innocent fans.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join