It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Enthusiasts!why is there no info on that Juno Jupiter probe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hi, i only joined to ask
all that talk last month about how the 23rd of this month we will get the best pictures and info about Jupiter yet, as a probe named JUNO will fly near it

i have searched and searched all over the net, there is NOTHING on it

what happened?

did it ``see something it shouldnt have``?

i am gutted, its almost like the stories about the probe in the first place never happened

sorry if this isnt the right forum to make it, im just so eager to find out whats going on about it

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

How about the main NASA website?

www.nasa.gov...

also here:

www.missionjuno.swri.edu...
edit on 24/8/16 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Did you check Twitter?

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
theres nothing about it

this is supposed to be huge, but there is nothing about it

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
seriously there is NOTHING ABOUT IT
there were articles EVERYWHERE on all the news sites about the forthcoming probe flying so close to jupiter

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Plenty of pics here...

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I've just showed you something about it....and I'm sure other websites will show things of interest should they appear.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
@woogle u arent geting the point

the 23rd of the month, it was supposed to fly within a cuple of thousand miles, so close it could even take photos of the atmosphere

yet NOTHING is out about it

just pictures of it several weeks previous when it was still many million miles away

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

There's pictures from yesterday on that site I linked to....

Other stuff will need time to send back and process.
edit on 24/8/16 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I also can't find something that resembles photo from two thousand and five hundred miles. Indeed funny situation.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You do realize that if the close approach was yesterday, it takes time for the image data to be transmitted from Jupiter to Earth, right? It is not instantaneous. In addition, after all those hours of transmission, they need to be assembled again here and then posted.

I suggest you wait a day or two for the recent images to be posted.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

There's pictures from yesterday on that site I linked to....

That is an old image that was posted yesterday by a person not affiliated with the project. The project encourages fans to download, crop/color-manipulate/transform the raw images and repost them to their website. The image you referenced is one such image re-posting.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
As stated on the NASA website:

With Juno’s successful orbit insertion at Jupiter in July 2016, scientists expect to release information about the mission’s first findings in September. NASA has already released several images taken of the planet by the JunoCam camera. Juno will make observations about Jupiter’s atmosphere and magnetic and gravitational fields, providing more information about the planet’s structure so scientists can deepen their understanding of Jupiter’s origin and evolution. Any of these clues could begin to unravel the mystery of the solar system’s origins and formation.

www.nasa.gov...

Hope this helps.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It is just getting to orbit!

At 3:41 p.m. EDT (1941 GMT) today (July 31), Juno will reach the farthest point in its 53-day orbit around Jupiter — a spot about 5 million miles (8 million kilometers) away from the solar system's largest planet, NASA officials said.

Then, Jupiter's powerful gravity will pull Juno back in, and the spacecraft will begin zooming toward an Aug. 27 close approach that will take it within just 2,600 miles (4,200 km) of the planet's cloud tops.

The Aug. 27 pass should return the first real scientific bounty of the mission, team members have said.

Space.com, July 31, 201 - NASA's Juno Probe Halfway Through 1st Orbit of Jupiter.

They also shut off a few instruments until it reaches closer. So you have a couple of days to wait still.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy
I just hope they don't spoil the fun by capturing on photo the secret ingredient of Jupiter poles, which all occultists and also pooh bear know is... Massive amounts of honey!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm awaiting to find out if they discover a moonatessimal inside the great Red Spot.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
thanks for the most recent replies

that woogle guy was really not paying any attention and was posting pictures a month old from millions of miles from jupiter

i am talking about the real deal, we should be able to see UNDER THE CLOUDS

the closest shots ever of JUPITER

this is huge, yet you cant read ANYTHING about it anywhere

its like a media blackout

everyone has forgotten about it

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Nobody has forgotten about it........sheeeesh. Be patient, and flipping wait a few days until the data is here and ready to be posted. Until then, there is no news to report yet.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You know it is only one guy doing all the Photo shop work, give him a couple days to make a nice Jupiter pictures for everyone.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
There isn't much info. I started a thread for people to collate any info that comes out. This is a very physically demanding (on the ship) mission and they are in a highly eccentric orbit right now. As they approach closer there will be more images and data.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join