It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah the world is screwed.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: WanderingNomadd

Ringing any bells? You cant pick and choose scripture. You follow it all diligently or not at all. Such is the life and sacrifice of a christian. He who finds God finds it through christ by walking his path, not just by declaring to know him.

Sorry I do not agree with you. There are no hoops to jump through. The same hoops you provide as examples were used by "the church" to keep people under control. What christ gives is free, it cannot be earned only recieved.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Thanks for the explanation.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

There is no conclusion christians make this stuff up to excuse their lack of crhistian behaviour. Its become the norm to consider manners and charity donations (aswell as church) as viable acts to gain eternal life.

The problem is the bible says specifically many times you should be devoting your life to the works of god. These people want to play video games and watch tv and write in forums so they need a get out clause that does'nt actually exist.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It's nice that you have read the Bible, good for you. How has that influenced you? Have you given up your worldly possessions and gone out into the world to help the needy and oppressed? I doubt that since you are still online complaining about the do nothing Christians. There are actually a lot of Christian organizations helping in the world, guess you'd just ignore them and keep pointing your finger. Pathetic and totally ignorant of what many Christians are trying to achieve in our screwed up world. Stop casting the stones because obviously you are not free from sin, no one is.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Sorry I do not agree with you. There are no hoops to jump through. The same hoops you provide as examples were used by "the church" to keep people under control. What christ gives is free, it cannot be earned only recieved.

Wtf am I hearing. Another lying christian no doubt. If you really believe in God you need to take a good long look at yourself and consider if your worthy of heaven. Your picking and choosing which parts of the bible you want to believe and disbelieve.

Christians really have lost all self respect. Anything to get out of actually helping people lets just make some crap up and claim ignorance if Gods angry. You can lie to me but you can't lie to God. There is a Hell if you believe and if you don't devote your life to his works your going there. You better pray and hope your "new found" religious assumptions are right.
edit on 24-8-2016 by WanderingNomadd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Yeah I point my finger. I have to hear about God, revelations and such yet these people don't even read what they are preaching to me. In fact I am not a christian and I know it better than them.

If anything I am going to heaven by default, just because I atleast knew how to read.

All christians should be like the ones helping and pushing even harder everyday.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I am not sure what you are reading, but what I have read I understand it requires only belief; the devotion you speak of imo is a result of that belief.
Could you show me where the bible lists the requirements to enter heaven? Also could you show me where the bible defines "the church" and its authority over christians?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Ah! So you admit some Christians are trying.

All christians should be like the ones helping and pushing even harder everyday.

Of course you demean the one who believe that salvation is a gift yet claim this.

If anything I am going to heaven by default, just because I atleast knew how to read.

You are really inspiring me, not.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

So now your going to ignore the many quotes I previously posted. And that is just a tiny fraction of helping others.

But no thats about church control right? Much easier to assume we can all get into heaven by doing nothing at all to earn it.
You either believe the bible is correct or you believe its false. As jesus said both salt and fresh water cannot run from the same stream. But maybe that does'nt suit your narrative either.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Reality is a bitch I am not here to inspire. If you want to be inspired by great men actually read the bible, and heres the wierd part, do what they tell you to do.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'd just like to point out that the moderation of this site is incredibly biased. I've seen it happen enough times to know that if the OP had instead replaced all his uses of "Christians" with "Jews", this thread would have already been closed and deemed as anti-semitic. I wonder why it's ok to call out certain groups but not others on ATS?
edit on 8/24/2016 by IDontLikeSalt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I have to hear about God, revelations and such yet these people don't even read what they are preaching to me.

Why in the world do you feel you have to listen to what is being preached? Is everyone preaching to you or is you TV stuck on Christian networks? I don't have anyone preaching to me about anything, not even a Jehovah's Witness or Mormon missionary. Are you being held in a cell and being programmed by some nut case Christian cult members?
edit on 24-8-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

edit on 24-8-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: more typos

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Your avoiding what I said.

All I said is:

So now your going to ignore the many quotes I previously posted. And that is just a tiny fraction of helping others.

But no thats about church control right? Much easier to assume we can all get into heaven by doing nothing at all to earn it.
You either believe the bible is correct or you believe its false. As jesus said both salt and fresh water cannot run from the same stream. But maybe that does'nt suit your narrative either.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

So, corporations, Christians and meat eaters is at fault for all the worlds woes. Got it!

Toss us hunters under the bus and this thread will be complete!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Wtf am I hearing. Another lying christian no doubt. If you really believe in God you need to take a good long look at yourself and consider if your worthy of heaven. Your picking and choosing which parts of the bible you want to believe and disbelieve. Christians really have lost all self respect. Anything to get out of actually helping people lets just make some crap up and claim ignorance if Gods angry. You can lie to me but you can't lie to God. There is a Hell if you believe and if you don't devote your life to his works your going there. You better pray and hope your "new found" religious assumptions are right.

Thanks in advance for judging my truthfullness as you have such a large sample size to make that judgement about. I don't think anyone is "worthy", everyone has flaws that is why no one can earn their way in.
As far as "new found" religous assumptions I don't think it is new to believe that believing in christ is the way to heaven.
So , to be clear, you assert one has to believe and devote their life to god to enter heaven?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IDontLikeSalt

Why I am defending christianity not assualting it. I am debating you as individuals for not following the bible and for instead creating your own new narrative that does'nt correspond with the bible

I am not even a christian and I am arguing you with the bible and your instead arguing back at me with unoffical but apprently certified rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I'm not a Christian though, Silly.

ETA: I think you may have been replying to me mistakenly as I never came at you with any Christianey BS.
edit on 8/24/2016 by IDontLikeSalt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Reality is a bitch I am not here to inspire. If you want to be inspired by great men actually read the bible, and heres the wierd part, do what they tell you to do.

So the all the world's problems rest on my shoulders then? Great how you can say do as I say not as I do, interesting.

You either believe the bible is correct or you believe its false.

It's a black and white world out there to you isn't it.

You assume much about my personal religious beliefs. Anything else about me you need to get off you shoulders?
edit on 24-8-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Thanks in advance for judging my truthfullness as you have such a large sample size to make that judgement about. I don't think anyone is "worthy", everyone has flaws that is why no one can earn their way in.

You made something up and obviously it comes from other outside sources that influence alot of christians. You can't pick and choose. It makes your religion worthless.

And stop making me out to be the bad guy I am debating you with the bible pure and simple. I am not attacking christianity I am debating these new found believers that have made their own rules.

Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse.
Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered.

edit on 24-8-2016 by WanderingNomadd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IDontLikeSalt

I have got alot going on at the moment sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join