It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried About 9th Grade

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
And by the way, how long do you think it will take Roxy Petrucci to respond to my e-mail inquiry I sent to her?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

Don't put too much value in what other people say or do in high school - a lot of people are more concerned with "seeming cool" or "seeming tough" than they are with actually being a good person, or being a strong person.

Find some activities you like (sports, extra curriculars, hobbies), and be yourself. You will very likely end up finding many people who share these interests and who accept you for who you are - that's what a friend is.

It's an exciting time in life. I did not enjoy High School but I also was in a lot of trouble in those years and was dealing with issues at home. If you can stick to your goals and find a good crew of friends, I bet it will be a good experience in many ways. Wishing you the best of luck.

edit on 24-8-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I gotta go. I shall return!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress
In about 20 hours I'll be in high school. That makes me nervous. I have to go to school in 15 minutes to see what the classes will look like, and to meet the teachers.

I just FedEx'd you some Kevlar body armor and a homemade shiv.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This kind of applies. The gist of it is: Don't take it too seriously. After you graduate, all the stuff that happened to you there will be meaningless (unless you meet somebody you like and marry her). You're only going to be there for four years. After that, anyone who messed with you is going to be so much dust in the wind and you'll be free to move on with your life.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
And I'm back.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Man, summer seemed short. Can't believe that school is starting tomorrow. I feel empty. I don't know why. Something inside me died.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Something inside me died.

Did you have bad Mexican food?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Best of luck!!

Remember to stay confident, even if you have to fake it. Listen to your teachers carefully, and if you think your beginning to fall behind, there are plenty of very intelligent members here who may volunteer to offer some help!

Don't bow to peer pressure!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hahaha.

No. I just feel empty.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen
I just feel worried. I'm sure that after a month of this I'll be just fine. I'm mainly worried about my honors classes. They're rumored to give a lot of homework.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

That's probably true... But more homework means becoming better at scheduling your time, your hours. Once you get into a routine it should be pretty easy I would hope. 9th grade was simple for me. Well, my school kinda made it easier for the freshman, atleast in my opinion. Once I had reached my senior year, I had fallen behind. I had to repeat my 12th grade year, the only time I failed a year.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen
I'm a notorious procrastinator. Sometimes I'll be researching an aircraft or a satellite online, or posting on a forum, when I'm supposed to be doing homework. That's why I end up going to bed at 10:30 PM. Sometimes I'll catch myself day dreaming, or even putting together a model.

Can this forum give me a time restriction? Like I have to be done with my homework first before I can log in?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Can this forum give me a time restriction? Like I have to be done with my homework first before I can log in?

Now you're just being silly.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I can assure you every single freshman is in the same shoes you are. Some will show it, some will hide it but every last one will be as nervous and lost and confused and in overdrive the first week or so. Then when semester changes and classes change, it'll happen again.

Meet your current friends there before the first day bell rings. Go a little early before the first day if possible or an hour early and seek out your classes so you know where they are. Find 2 routes to each class if possible in case it's needed. Cuz just like in the adult world, there will be a jerk or two that ya just gotta avoid.

Never ditch your values to be in the so called "in crowd". Stay true to you and you got 99% of the puzzle,solved. You'll meet new friends, lose old friends, find friends that turn out to be jerks and find jerks who end up life long friends.

Just do you and the rest will fall into line.

And one final truth as we have all been there and so will you, and your kids and their kids...... No matter who is who in high school, none of it matters 10 years out. The cool kids may be cool or not. The nerd may grow to be the hottest model. The burnout will own a million dollar business. The class Valedictorian may become homeless. The poorest student another Bill Gates. Looks matter less. Clothing and hair means squat. A pimple is like meh. We focus on hating our jobs and bills rofl.

So enjoy it. Relax, breathe and have fun.
Cuz those 4 years will be over in a blink and all you'll have is yearbooks til college starts and ya do it all over again.

Breathe and sleep easy.
You GOT this.
PS.

Read what Gandalf says in my siggy below

edit on 05pmWed, 24 Aug 2016 17:16:05 -0500Wed, 24 Aug 2016 17:16:05 -0500pm1833 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I know how that goes.. don't even get me started. Between YouTube and Instant Messaging on AOL, It kinda messed me up as far as my time and homework. lol. Back then we had AOL. A person your age is probably going to be bombarded with all kinds of digital distractions, and I plead with you to focus on the more important things first. Those digital distractions are a BAD habit. Also, 10:30 is kinda late. Just try not to stay up too much later.
Also, try to eat right and get your sleep as sarra said.
edit on 24-8-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well, I gotta go. I'm not sure if I'll return. I may return at 8 or so. Thank you, all of you! I feel better. I'm just a tad bit nervous. A bit more than "a tad bit", but I'll be cool. As cool as... Vanilla Ice.... YEEAAAHHHH

I will be venturing into the unknown.

This is lazyfortress, over and out.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

haha
Get it.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Lots of good advice here. 24 years ago I was in your shoes. A wise family member told me back then:

"Embrace these High School years. It flies by quickly. Before you know it, you'll be an adult with a job, bills, kids and lots of responsibilities. Someday, you will look back on these times and realize just how good you had it."

I was an angry youth in high school. (Parents divorce drama and grunge music probably didn't help lol) I thought everyone and everything was "lame". As I look back now, I realize I was the lame.

If I could give you one piece of advice, I would say, "Live in the moment." High school isn't just about academics. Sometimes, it might be advisable to skip a class and take your crush to a beautiful swimming hole. It's great to be focused on your academics but don't forget to stop and smell the roses every once in awhile. Have the time of your life, my friend. I bet you will. Good luck, kid.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join