It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried About 9th Grade

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
In 2 days I'll be in 9th grade... I'm worried as heck. I hate growing up. I'm not used to 4 classes a day, as before it was 7 classes a day. I don't know what high school is gonna be like. It's like a whole different world. The worst part is, I have to wake up at 6:00 AM! I'm so worried. Will I make friends? I'm scared. I don't know why. It's just the whole idea of high school. It's intimidating. I've started having weird dreams lately, probably because of my high school fears. I'm the youngest in my grade, as everybody is a year older than me. I don't know why I chose "Guitar Lab" for music.

I do play guitar, and I love the guitar, but the songs we're probably gonna have to play...

I usually play Black Sabbath or Judas Priest on my guitar, not the "Yankee Doodle" or whatever the heck it is. I'm dreading it. I hope I have good teachers.

I'm nervous... I hope the stupid drama will stop. Will it?

Any advice is appreciated! I'm so scared.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress
I don't know what high school is gonna be like.

High School will consist of (in no particular order):
  • Wedgies
  • Purple Nurples
  • Swirlies
  • Noogies
  • Unwanted Nicknames
  • Maybe some learning and stuff
  • Charlie Horses

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I had one bad teacher last year. The music teacher. Picked on me for no reason. I still remember the first day of music. I had my earpods plugged into my phone. When the teacher told us to get out and get back inside again (some kids were being disruptive while entering the class), my phone started playing this one song by Britny Fox, called Hair of the Dog. Anyways, the teacher must've heard it, because she picked it up and asked whose phone it was. Then she made a remark on the song.

And a few weeks later, while I was trying to explain how heavy my pencil case was to my friend, the teacher heard me say "if I were to throw this across the room..." (I'd never, ever do that. I'm not a troublemaker. I'm a goody two shoes or whatever it is.). The teacher walked up to me and threatened to send me to the office if I did that. All teachers liked me, but not her. She always tried to prove me wrong, especially with the meaning of songs. When I explained to the class what the meaning of Purple Haze - Jimmy Hendrix was, she tried to tell the class the song wasn't about drugs. Even one kid looked up the meaning of the song. I was correct.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
You're not helping! I'm afraid of high school, man!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

• Wedgies
  • Purple Nurples
  • Swirlies
  • Noogies
  • Unwanted Nicknames
  • Charlie Horses

You get them in high school over there? My mum used to do them to me and said she loved me while doing it.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You're not helping! I'm afraid of high school, man!

Well, if you stay away from toilets and other people you should be fine.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

Just stick a sign on your back saying "Kick Me!" and just keep telling people it's Opposite Day. I'm sure that'll work.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

I wish I could give you some magical words to make you not feel so nervous.
All of my kids went through the high school jitters and within a few week, it was all good.

You may make some of the best friends that you will have for the rest of your life. These can be magical times and I hope that they are for you.

Guitar lab may be a lot of fun. A couple of my kiddos took a class called 'history of rock' and it they loved it. They watched old concerts and MTV videos and studied bands. Easy grades! Perhaps you will have a 'cool' teacher and that will make all of the difference. Remember if you truly hate the class, go see your advisor and switch it out.

Try not to worry too much! Good luck.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

• Wedgies
  • Purple Nurples
  • Swirlies
  • Noogies
  • Unwanted Nicknames
  • Charlie Horses

You and I obviously went to completely different types of high schools.
None of that!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
I sure hope high school will be all good. I wasn't this nervous when I was going into middle school.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
None of that!

Uh, yeah, of course we did, I wasn't home schooled.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I sure hope high school will be all good. I wasn't this nervous when I was going into middle school.

Understandable. Middle School is mostly just Wet Willies, pure bush leagues compared to High School-level fun.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
There's a difference between regular school, and ghetto school, Augustus. Ghetto school is like Vietnam (years 1965-1968, that's when it was really bad). Regular school can be compared to Panama (1989-1990).

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

That makes sense. The jump from elementary school to middle is not great.
In high school those juniors and seniors look so 'grown', especially nowadays.

In my town, there is no middle school
Elementary is K-8 and then on to high school.

Do you know if there is a 'freshman wing'?
Here there is a wing that only freshman are allowed on the first year. They have to venture off that wing for some classes but upper classmen can't be there.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
None of that!

Uh, yeah, of course we did, I wasn't home schooled.

Haha! True but, I can hardly tell.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
K-5 is elementary, 6-8 is middle, and 9-12 is high school. In my school, the middle school is on the top floor, the high school is on the first floor. We share the same cafeteria, but have different gymnasiums. High school students are not allowed on the top floor.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

There's a difference between regular school, and ghetto school, Augustus. Ghetto school is like Vietnam (years 1965-1968, that's when it was really bad). Regular school can be compared to Panama (1989-1990).

It was more like Somme 1916. Body parts everywhere. Hell on earth.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
How about Antietam?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I gotta eat dinner. I shall return!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join