It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did you start?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I live in a magical world on the north, where you have endless possibilities of whatever your creative mind can dream of..
A few people let me know that my mind and imagination is on the brink to insane, i say;" Just another rabbit hole in play "
The way im taking is a way i started to look at a few years ago, i wanted to share a story..
My mentors wanted me to start learning the art of stories in literature in the past.
So i did, im gonna start learning how to write being tutored by a master.

So to writers, where did you start?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

The first thing I remember writing was in Grade 5. It was titled "The Tornado Diaries" and chronicled the first time I had to experience hiding in the cellar. It was very weird.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Songs as a teenager, then poetry. Since then, 1 local history research paper for the city gov, 70 blogs about all kinds of things, a childrens fairy tale, co-authored a biography, published 2 novels.

Still writing...edit a newsletter...and if I feel some song lyrics coming on...or even an idea for one...I jot it down: titles, ideas, lines....some I come back to years and years later!

Good luck...the best I can tell you? Is to just start writing!

Best of Luck...and let us know how youre coming along!

MS

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I started writing because I wanted to escape reality...

I used to live in the works of others, but then, I read something so beautiful, so dark, so wondrous, that I wanted to imitate it! And so, as a 12 year old, I wrote a little fan-fiction of this story with my own little character magicking herself into this brand new world, and helping the antagonist of the story, yep, not the protagonist.

But that's how and where I started. Escape. No one taught me how to write, I just, wrote. My English teachers at school hated my writing, but I loved it. And now I find people actually like my own personal style, and it's what I want to do. So, I do it. Write write write!! Delve into that insanity within, create.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Started journaling in elementary school for two reasons. First was to practice my penmanship, as a kid I wanted beautiful handwriting in both print and cursive. Secondly, I've always had difficulty expressing my emotions verbally, for fear of sounding stupid and what other people would think. So, I started writing down my thoughts and feelings on paper, there they would be safe.

It's fun to go back and read some of the words written during my youth; it's easy to get caught up with life and forget the dreams you had as a child. I'm so glad that many of those dreams, goals and aspirations were written down and I can go back, read them and remind myself to continue to strive for those dreams.

There is a passage from one of my journals where I tell myself that on my 40th birthday, stand in front of a mirror and try to remember the little girl I use to be. That's only like 1 year away! Think I'll take a picture on my 40th and tape it to that page.

Now, I'm working on my book; just met a pretty odd fellow last Friday who would make an interesting character. You guys, he's 'from outer space and came down on a ladder'. He also 'poked smot' with Pope Francis and his son is a mercenary. Can't wait to see how he will fit in.

I also write poetry, it's fun to get emotions out through the written word.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

the edge now im coming back

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I started in grade school. Being an avid reader at a young age, especially of anything dark, mysterious, or frightening, I wanted to be exactly like the authors I envied. I was a loner child anyway, so my recess and lunch times were spent in the school library, and the librarian became a mentor. She suggested many works of fiction that would inspire me, and eventually I was writing stories on my own. Grade seven was the first A+ story that my English teacher read aloud to three classes because she enjoyed it so much. That story got me referred to an advanced English class in high school.
I dropped writing for many years, but when I take an inclination to write something I still enjoy it with the same level as I always did.
Good luck in your writings!

top topics

join