It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Does Not Constitute A Committed Relationship.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Unfortunately though the title of this thread
may be deemed common knowledge, it does not
signify that the majority believe it.

Sex does not constitute a committed relationship.
Nor does it mean he/she is in love with you.
The ONLY thing it relates to is Friends With Benefits.
If you were not married, and your "friend" decided
to have sex with your neighbor, it's just absurd
to claim they cheated on you.

I repeat, Sex does not constitute a committed
relationship, nor does it mean he/she is in love
with you. Unfortunately many men and women
fall into the trap of thinking that it does. Then
when their "friend" decides he or she wants some
sex from someone else, they are heart broken.

I'm being redundant for a reason, therefore I
repeat, sex does not constitute a committed
with you.

I'm being bombastic in the hopes someone
will believe sex does not constitute a committed
with you. And possibly save their son or daughter
from unnecessary grief.

Most mature adults not influenced by Hollywood
and/or modern inventions of relationships,
understand clearly what constitutes a committed
relationship.

Removed excessive bolding.

Mod Note: Excessive Bolding - Please Review This Link

edit on 8/23/2016 by eriktheawful because: Removed excessive bolding.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

nope it sure doesn't, as my father always told me in business," bargain on your way in, that way no one walks away unhappy once the job is through" in a similar fashion folks ought to bargain on their way in.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Isn't that what Bill Clinton said?

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I'm getting too old for this modern world (and the scary thing is I'm not even that damn old.) There's a level of personal dignity and respect that just seems to be absent these days, at least in all the areas it once flourished in.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Lol, a committed relationship is the last thing I could be arsed with, I've enjoyed being a slut for the last few years.
So long as the situation is understood by both parties then it's all good.
I'm blunt though and explain that I don't want exclusivity, maybe some folk in such situations do not realise they a #ing someone who is #ing someone else as well. Some people do mislead others so I'd say it all depends on what the two parties have discussed and agreed.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yet obviously it does to some, despite the fact that they have just met someone new who has just looked for the sex before moving on to their next conquest.

People take advantage of people in every walk of life, sex isn't excluded.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Maybe I'm reading into your OP to much but this seems highly directed to PeppyCat's thread a few minutes ago... Here

If in fact this is your demeanor, you'd might ask her to explain a little more. I don't believe you're understanding where exactly she's coming from.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Of course you're right but, in the interests of fair play, it should be made plain that sex will not constitute a committed relationship before it is embarked upon.

Those who 'sweet talk' someone into bed are dishonest and know perfectly well they wouldn't get too far unless they raised the other person's hope and expectations.

Here's something to be borne in mind: Just because you fancy someone it doesn't make them a nice person.

There's sound advice for everyone

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
Those who 'sweet talk' someone into bed are dishonest and know perfectly well they wouldn't get too far unless they raised the other person's hope and expectations.

Agreed

I could give it all the slippery words to give someone the impression that I might feel romantically attracted to them, and it would definitely influence the chance of getting them into bed.
I don't though, that's dishonest, say I'm asked 'So are you seeing anyone?' I'll quickly reply, 'Oh no, a relationship is the last thing I'm looking for right now', that then weeds out those looking for a relationship and if they are still interested then I know it's sexually and not someone to fall in love with.

There are loads of sly blokes around though. Cheap tactics in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I'm getting too old for this modern world (and the scary thing is I'm not even that damn old.) There's a level of personal dignity and respect that just seems to be absent these days, at least in all the areas it once flourished in.

But people have been having uncommitted sex since...forever. It just wasn't talked about on conspiracy forums.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I can agree with this statement, but try explaining that to clingy weirdos. Hey lady we were hammered, if either of us had any sense that would have never happened anyway... wait what now we are magically dating??? When did this happen? With any luck my kids will dodge that kind of crazy.

S&F

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

But people have been having uncommitted sex since...forever. It just wasn't talked about on conspiracy forums.

I agree.
And what's the personal dignity and respect thing do you reckon? Some of my favourite sexual partners are my closest female friends...we just wouldn't want to 'be' with each other exclusively.
I don't actually know anyone who condemns mutually agreeable recreational sex in real life...I don't know anyone who tells me they believe in any gods though, so that could be a factor.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
But fighting and preventing the spread of STDs takes commitment, free condos, and public funding.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

If you were not married, and your "friend" decided
to have sex with your neighbor, it's just absurd
to claim they cheated on you.

Nothing to do with marriage. There are committed relationships, without marriage.

But, I agree, sex is not what makes a commitment.
If you're living together, unmarried (but not just roommates/housemates), one would expect the level of commitment to have been discussed.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It does if the relationship wants to become a committed one in the future.

If one was sleeping around before a relationship became committed, then what makes you think they will stop when you put a ring on it?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Even in a FWB scenario, I recommend you don't go and sleep with that person's actual neighbor. It's just bad form.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

The modern public airing of personal dirty laundry, I don't get it. The average American didn't play that game until the cancerous lesions of Jerry Springer viewers met the social media soapboxes the internet spat forth on us all.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
If one was sleeping around before a relationship became committed, then what makes you think they will stop when you put a ring on it?

It's why I'm honest from the start. I genuinely don't want an exclusive sexual relationship.
Maybe I'll find someone who makes me go 'Wow!' I only want to be with her, but I doubt it...I struggle with exclusivity.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Yea a lot of people are like that nowadays and just see sex as a bit of fun, don't want to get tied down etc.

I guess I'm more old school and want me and my girlfriend to be exclusive to each other and make sure we're compatible in the long run and of course have the will power to stay exclusive during that period.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Atsbhct

The modern public airing of personal dirty laundry, I don't get it.

Why do you consider mutually consensual safe recreational sex as dirty laundry exactly?
Perhaps I misunderstood you, and you were implying a different example of human interaction unrelated to the thread?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join