It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First documented eyewitness Foo Fighter sighting report by the U.S. Navy?

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Is this the first documented eyewitness Foo Fighter sighting report by the United States Navy?

"A remarkable UFO sighting from the USS Supply."

www.educatinghumanity.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I don't know if it's the first, but it's definitely a heck of a story.

Overall it's apparent that something "weird" is going on that is really not being talked about by our society at large.

Thanks for pointing that out once again.

edit on 23-8-2016 by BiffWellington because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Here's another 1986 UFO eyewitness sighting report by a United States Navy veteran...

"Navy veteran shares extraordinary UFO sighting aboard a Navy vessel."
www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-8-2016 by Erno86 because: link work

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Since this happened while the Wright Brothers were building the first fixed wing aircraft, it seems to show that someone else other than humans has visited here from somewhere else. At least it isn't just wild speculation. To say it was some advanced humans from planet earth would be wild speculation.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Since this happened while the Wright Brothers were building the first fixed wing aircraft, it seems to show that someone else other than humans has visited here from somewhere else. At least it isn't just wild speculation. To say it was some advanced humans from planet earth would be wild speculation.

Agreed

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Very cool! Tried to "flag" this but I couldn't, I guess because I'm new. Don't even know what that does but it appears to mean something good.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Someone correct me, wasn't the term "Foo fighters" generated during WWII?

Wiki

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The term originated from the 1930's cartoon strip: Smokey Stover, the "foolish foo [fire] fighter" Feu means fire, in French.

U.S. Allied WWII fighter/bomber pilots tagged the term "foo fighters" [from the Smokey Stover cartoon] on these mysterious fiery flying orbs.

edit on 23-8-2016 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 23-8-2016 by Erno86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Axis pilots saw them as well. reply to: Erno86

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecrecyAndRidicule
Very cool! Tried to "flag" this but I couldn't, I guess because I'm new. Don't even know what that does but it appears to mean something good.

When you flag a thread it can mean that you believe it's a valid thread full of some decent information and not a load of BS.

For example a thread in the UFO forums that includes fake videos will get less flags than a thread that has provided hard solid information and evidence of UFOs. Sorry there's probably an easier way to describe what a flag does hope you get where I'm coming from

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Yes, that makes sense. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecrecyAndRidicule
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Yes, that makes sense. Thanks!

Admin/mods sorry to keep derailing the thread just trying to help out a new ATSer

SecrecyAndRidicule glad to understood what I wrote lol. It's the same when you might read a User has given someone a STAR as well as a flag. You can give stars to users comments if you believe their comment is a good reply to a question, if it's something you found interesting or if you believe the answer they have given provides the forum with a valid and good reply. There's a star above the date and time on someone's reply, simply click on the star to award a member with a star

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The story seems to be confirmed by a google search. Is there a credible original source? I find the UFO subject fascinating but saturated with a lot of noise from hoaxsters(i.e. secureteam) and debunked "sightings" but if only one turns out to be true then that is extraordinary.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

originally posted by: intrptr

The term originated from the 1930's cartoon strip: Smokey Stover, the "foolish foo [fire] fighter" Feu means fire, in French.

U.S. Allied WWII fighter/bomber pilots tagged the term "foo fighters" [from the Smokey Stover cartoon] on these mysterious fiery flying orbs.

Like I said. But thanks for reading the link I brought to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGozerian
The story seems to be confirmed by a google search. Is there a credible original source? I find the UFO subject fascinating but saturated with a lot of noise from hoaxsters(i.e. secureteam) and debunked "sightings" but if only one turns out to be true then that is extraordinary.

Here you go

Monthly Weather Review; March 1904 (NOAA)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Good article....but a little confusing in detail.
One location is given as in the Pacific near San Francisco, and one location is Eastern ocean of Korea.

Time is 6.10am in February, which I believe is winter in the Northern Hemisphere, then mentions blue sky and clouds......isnt 6.10am in winter still dark?....Im fairly sure its still dark here in the Southern areas of the Southern Hemisphere in winter.

The direction of the sighting is North West....now the Sun would be rising in the East, almost directly opposite the objects, and hence would be casting a firey red colour onto any object high in the atmosphere.

Sadly there is a lack of details, but to be expected for the times. They mention "Soaring", then they seemed to come near the ocean then went up away from Earth and fading in colour as they rose.

They obviously saw something, but as the people of this time had no idea of "air-objects" and how they appear , as we do. for instance, a craft coming toward you looks almost stationary, a craft travelling form the horizon, as these did, appears to be going straight up into space. A size of 6 Suns is very large, Im a little suspect with that description.
But something in the outer atmosphere reflecting the Sun, could look six times or more bigger.....just like satellites as they pass over reflecting the Sun.

As it appeared to have a fuzzy tail, and red and firey, it does seem like a peice of space junk, braking through the atmosphere....but to observe it for 3 minutes, means it is awful slow.....maybe a vintage UFO.....

An interesting sighting, but with the observers inexperience in dealing with any flying objects, other than birds and meteors, Im not sure if it could be classed as a "Controlled" flying object......Could have been a blimp or airship tho?, that eventually was hidden by the clouds.

Still an interesting observation from the old times.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnthejedi24
Axis pilots saw them as well. reply to: Erno86

German Axis intelligence, during WW2, thought the "Feuerball" [feu-er-ball...english translation: fireball] was an Allied secret weapon, and the Allies thought vice versa.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Good article....but a little confusing in detail.
One location is given as in the Pacific near San Francisco, and one location is Eastern ocean of Korea.

Time is 6.10am in February, which I believe is winter in the Northern Hemisphere, then mentions blue sky and clouds......isnt 6.10am in winter still dark?....Im fairly sure its still dark here in the Southern areas of the Southern Hemisphere in winter.

The direction of the sighting is North West....now the Sun would be rising in the East, almost directly opposite the objects, and hence would be casting a firey red colour onto any object high in the atmosphere.

Sadly there is a lack of details, but to be expected for the times. They mention "Soaring", then they seemed to come near the ocean then went up away from Earth and fading in colour as they rose.

They obviously saw something, but as the people of this time had no idea of "air-objects" and how they appear , as we do. for instance, a craft coming toward you looks almost stationary, a craft travelling form the horizon, as these did, appears to be going straight up into space. A size of 6 Suns is very large, Im a little suspect with that description.
But something in the outer atmosphere reflecting the Sun, could look six times or more bigger.....just like satellites as they pass over reflecting the Sun.

As it appeared to have a fuzzy tail, and red and firey, it does seem like a peice of space junk, braking through the atmosphere....but to observe it for 3 minutes, means it is awful slow.....maybe a vintage UFO.....

An interesting sighting, but with the observers inexperience in dealing with any flying objects, other than birds and meteors, Im not sure if it could be classed as a "Controlled" flying object......Could have been a blimp or airship tho?, that eventually was hidden by the clouds.

Still an interesting observation from the old times.

My second sighting, of my double nighttime sighting of a foo fighter...back one night in November, 1976, aprox. 40 miles west of Washington D.C. --- Was big as my fist with my arm stretched out, big as a setting/sunrise sun, no fiery tail, flames licking all around it, swirling [electrified?] reddish-orange fusion plasma currents within the sphere, aprox. 1 mile away; with my ballpark estimate of the diameter of the fiery orb that was making a aprox. 30 mph perpendicular descent to earth from the low lying cloud cover: 700 feet in diameter.

As you can tell: I have an extreme fascination with foo fighters.
edit on 24-8-2016 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here's hoping this thread will turn heads with the brass at the Pentagon. Cat's out of the bag...so to speak --- FULL UFO DISCLOSURE...NOW!!!

edit on 25-8-2016 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 25-8-2016 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

I always think to myself when a UFO is spotted, "what's going on that's interesting that they'd visit & witness here?" What happened on February 28, 1904 on the west coast of North America that brought a UFO to Earth?

SnF. Interesting thread.
edit on 27-8-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join