It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huma Abedin Transports Classified Material In Personal Vehicle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: introvert

Correct the Record plays it off as if every scrap of paper in Washington, DC is classified material, and we peons are silly to think that there is any such thing as security any more.
Anyone notice that?

Has CTR released some sort of statement on this issue, or are you implying that you believe anyone that doesn't clutch their pearls and feign outrage, or perhaps have a different opinion on the matter, must be CTR?

Correct the Record does not typically take credit for their posts, so no, I do not know that they released a statement.

So you are talking out of your backside?

That doesn't help us maintain a fact-based, intelligent discussion.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

In my experience: yes.

Because lazyness, boredom (if you see classified documents every day, do you really think that this would not be the case?), absentmindness.

At least she called someone who could open her car and put the documents in another space. Seems unlikely to me, but it /could/ happen.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Correct the Record plays it off as if every scrap of paper in Washington, DC is classified material, and we peons are silly to think that there is any such thing as security any more.
Anyone notice that?

Has CTR released some sort of statement on this issue, or are you implying that you believe anyone that doesn't clutch their pearls and feign outrage, or perhaps have a different opinion on the matter, must be CTR?

Correct the Record does not typically take credit for their posts, so no, I do not know that they released a statement.

So you are talking out of your backside?

That doesn't help us maintain a fact-based, intelligent discussion.

Anyway, I bet Huma and many, many others that work in government transport materials that could be classified in their personal vehicles on a daily basis. When a thing such as the daily schedule for a government representative can be classified, I'd be willing to be there is a whole lot of classified material floating around.

Which backside is rumbling?
Any facts as to who can transport classified info? Your speculations are not the fact based, intelligent discussion you seek.

Pot meet kettle.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

At least she called someone who could open her car and put the documents in another space.

To me, this would indicate that she had some idea of what constitutes classified material and that certain methods of handling them are unacceptable.
Almost like she may have some conscience.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I'm not making excuses, but I know I've brought work home with me and forgot it in the car. It happens. These people handle classified information day in and day out. It's a part of their usual routine. When things become routine you run the risk of losing focus. We don't know what level of classified this information was or if the person who retrieved it for her also had security clearance to handle it. This just seems like manufactured outrage over a minor procedural mess up. Yes, it was supposed to be destroyed, but I doubt she was supposed to pull out the flame thrower at the moment she took possession of the documents. There is most likely a specific facility for disposing of such documentation. You know, checks and balances. Someone to sign of on the fact that the documents were indeed destroyed.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

a reply to: ManFromEurope

At least she called someone who could open her car and put the documents in another space.

To me, this would indicate that she had some idea of what constitutes classified material and that certain methods of handling them are unacceptable.
Almost like she may have some conscience.

Was she issued her courier card or is that only a military thing?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

Had this been an ISOLATED incident I would agree with you. Now, after how many investigations, and lawsuits for freedom of information from OUR government, a pattern has emerged. We don't need an encrypted device, we don't need a secure server, we don't need to turn in emails, we don't need to disclose all campaign contributions. Where does it end with these people? How can anyone still defend their wanton lawlessness?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here is my problem with all this.
Hillary and her crew have mishandled classified information, to the point that the MSM ( and some posters on ATS) are making it out to be no big deal, and we should just get over it, it happens all the time, ect. ect.

So, why are whistle blowers, and people that leak classified information to the public being prosecuted, and suicided?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

This just seems like manufactured outrage over a minor procedural mess up.

Seems like another documented example of the very lax way that Hillary's State Department handled classified information.
If this was a singular example, yes, one could say that it was an accident that was taken care of... ooops.

It is one of many many examples though.

Including the Secretary of State keeping emails on an unprotected private server and deleting emails and lying about it.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I get that, honestly. I think the whole private server thing is beyond fishy, bordering on and possibly was criminal. I just don't think this is particular incident is one to use to push that narrative, since it shows she realized her error and took action to correct it. This wasn't wanton disregard for procedure. It was a mistake.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Seems like another documented example of the very lax way that Hillary's State Department handled classified information.
If this was a singular example, yes, one could say that it was an accident that was taken care of... ooops.

Including the Secretary of State keeping emails on an unprotected private server and deleting emails and lying about it.

Yep, its no wonder people died on her watch. This would be completely unacceptable if it were anyone else other than the Hillary camp. Sad part is they know it too.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Any facts as to who can transport classified info? Your speculations are not the fact based, intelligent discussion you seek.

Have we not learned that things such as schedules and press talking points can be considered confidential and must be put in the "burn bag"?

How many people in DC are currently carrying something such as that during their day in DC?

Also, what was the material in her car? Do we know that yet?

Was it the secret plans for us to nuke North Korea, or is more likely to be something as I described?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

Yep, its no wonder people died on her watch. This would be completely unacceptable if it were anyone else other than the Hillary camp. Sad part is they know it too.

well, except for S.of S.'s colin powell and condi rice doing the same thing...but you know....they are republicans so, no problem

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

what?.....people have died on every secretary of state's term in office, why is this a "wonder" to you?....have you been sheltered that much from reality?.....

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Have we not learned that things such as schedules and press talking points can be considered confidential and must be put in the "burn bag"?

We had discussions about that long long ago. Initial classification comes from______? Just because you don't agree with it does not make it any less classified. LOL you mentioned press talking points thats what started hillarys mess.

How many people in DC are currently carrying something such as that during their day in DC? Also, what was the material in her car? Do we know that yet? Was it the secret plans for us to nuke North Korea, or is more likely to be something as I described?

All irrelevant. This thread is about a specific event. There are laws pertaining to classified info. Huma appears to have broken them.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Why is the "5-year old excuse" being used in regard to a potential president of the United States? The "5-year old excuse" is akin to a 5-year old saying that everyone else was doing it! Why should I get punished? And an adult response would be, "because it is wrong and you got caught. If they all jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?".

Just because others break the law does NOT give anyone the right to follow suit. ESPECIALLY when running for President of the United States and Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, and as a Secretary of State!

Grow up defenders, and try a different tack. Preferably one that has a ring of adult responsibility behind it.

BTW: I am not a Trump supporter nor a Hillary supporter. I am in search of a viable candidate to place my support behind. So far, I have not seen any.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

We had discussions about that long long ago. Initial classification comes from______? Just because you don't agree with it does not make it any less classified. LOL you mentioned press talking points thats what started hillarys mess.

I think you are missing the point.

All irrelevant. This thread is about a specific event. There are laws pertaining to classified info. Huma appears to have broken them.

Then why hasn't she been charged? The FBI has seen these emails. Could it be that this isn't the situation you think it is?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

a reply to: DAVID64

Here come the excuses in 3.....2.....1..

I never have understood why people say this sort of thing. It doesn't add anything intelligent to the discussion and it is somewhat childish.

Anyway, I bet Huma and many, many others that work in government transport materials that could be classified in their personal vehicles on a daily basis.

When a thing such as the daily schedule for a government representative can be classified, I'd be willing to be there is a whole lot of classified material floating around.

Hillary and her minions have more excuses than a third grader who pushed a kid off the swings "Well, they did it first" i.e.when they blame Colin Powell for Hillary's handling of email. But I digress. There is protocol for handling classified government email, and a car door pocket is not one of them.

For hand-carrying classified material, different procedures apply for surface transportation, commercial air, government air, and for transportation outside the continental U.S.

If you personally transport classified material by car or foot to another location, you must provide reasonable protection for the information under all foreseeable contingencies that might occur while in transit. Automobile accident, theft and sudden illness are all foreseeable contingencies. This means the classified information must be double wrapped or packaged as though it were being sent by mail,kept under your constant control (i.e., not left in the trunk of your car while you run another errand), and delivered only to an authorized person.

www.wrc.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

edit on 8232016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I posted sources for transport of classified info. I also posted info on courier services.
The doj has yet to charge her. Other than establishing a tier of citizens above the law I have no idea why.

Do you deny there are laws governing the transport of classified info?
Do you believe leaving such info in a car is allowed?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join