It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO - Darlington UK - Mufon 22.08.16

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I think it's a good idea but no other buildings or villages have their lights on, let alone have lights that bright. I also feel the top lights are too high up on the perspective we have fro them to be a village.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

I think it's a good idea but no other buildings or villages have their lights on, let alone have lights that bright. I also feel the top lights are too high up on the perspective we have fro them to be a village.

Thanks for your input.

If it's a street light, road work light or any other lights causing a reflection, it could appear as high or as low as the position of the camera would allow. Even the colours would match with all these possibilities.

To be honest, there's nothing to suggest it is anything other than a reflection of light on the interior glass of the vehicle.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Actually the video proves it's not a reflection, I did put that in the OP

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have to say it looks exactly like lanterns do and behave.
Also, if you are in a moving car, it's not so easy to determine the movement of something at distance.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
...Also, if you are in a moving car, it's not so easy to determine the movement of something at distance.

Could be a fair point.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Ok, let's say it isn't a reflection.

Have you checked the date/time stamp on when this supposedly happened?

According to mufon it is "2014-03-26
12:00AM". That's awfully light for midnight in March lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

If there was little or no wind they wouldn't be moving much at all which would make it even more difficult to determine. I think the differences in the "pattern" of the individual lights between the four images might indicate they are, in fact , moving around. Anyone else see what I mean?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Nice photos and video op. Definitely not a reflection by watching the video, that can be clearly seen and distinguished. Also based on the landscape it does not appear to be lights going up on a steep hill either. My opinion is they look like lanterns more than likely, which you would see from a wedding release or that type of celebration.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Clearly Chinese lanterns, Posting nonsense like this does nothing to help the UFO disclosure cause.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: butcherguy
Picture #3 seems to show the lights through a tree branch, where the branch ought to be blocking the light. Something seems off there, IMO.
I am not a photo-analyst.

I just watched the video again, 100% not reflection.

I don't see any link to a video.
All I could see were still photos/captures.
The first link goes to a photo for me.

www.mufoncms.com...

Thanks for the link.
A lot better seeing the video.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

i dont get how they can be street lights if it was, you wouldn't be able to see them that clear or if you could you would see what they were on, instead of them looking like they are floating, to me its some type of lanterns. and also if they were street lights why are they grouped in that tiny bit of area........?

ps how can you tell they are not moving if the camera is only on them for seconds at a time, and if i was driving that car and i seen something that i couldn't explain i would stop that car and study the sh!t out of it until i did figure out what it was. Im guessing the driver new fine well what they were and thats why he only videod them for a few seconds.
edit on 23-8-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer
Yes, the 'sporadic' pattern - I know what you're saying, the fact the driver says they are not moving throws us off the track - he may have a bad perspective or just be lying to enhance the pics.

a reply to: ColaTesla
Sorry I ruined your scene when I posted these up for discussion.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The stills are from a short video, too short imo, to determine if these are "stationary" as claimed. I think they are really there, not reflections. I also note they do change 'formation' and number as you can see in the differences between pics 2 and 4.

Pic 2

Pic 4

The increased number, the distance to the objects (over the horizon) and the change in their "formation" lends to some kind of flares, probably military. Can't be Chinese lanterns or balloons with suspended lights as their number and position change is too drastic in a few seconds. Further, in the last pic, the dim one up top is just coming out of the cloud, maybe explaining the increasing number as they become visible dropping below the clouds.

Its a very short video, I would have stopped and continued recording from a fixed position until they were gone. Maybe thats why we don't see any further video, because the witness did stop and it became evident they were terrestrial (like flares). Can't show that.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Yeah, I messed up. I'm only on my phone. It's not a reflection. You do get street lights near each other and going off different roads, so they could seem "clumped together" in a reflection. But, like I said, I don't think it's a reflection.

Saying that, Chinese lanterns are still very plausible. And it certainly doesn't look windy (from the short video).

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Loads of Military ranges down there... most likely cause I think.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's possible. Catterick is close by (army base) and there are training areas so it could be flares.
edit on 2382016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Do you think they are military flares? The sort that shoot up quickly and fall slowly?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

i would say they are defo some sort of military exercise, now i have researched more..
www.army.mod.uk...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Do you think they are military flares? The sort that shoot up quickly and fall slowly?

No, I think dropped from (more than one) aircraft, see the way the 'cluster' is generally from lower left to upper right?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I see what you are saying. Would fit in with being near Catterick too.

<< 1    3 >>

join