It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are the Best Work Shoes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I've worked security for almost two decades and have yet to find a good pair of shoes. I walk and stand for 8 to 12 hours a night with shoes that have to be professional looking. Needless to say my feet always hurt and the shoes fall apart within months. Any suggestion on a good, long lasting, all leather, professional, and definitely comfortable shoe?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I've been in Law Enforcement for almost 32 years and have tried just about all of them..

Rocky Shoes are the only ones I have found that will last and are decently comfortable..

Edit to add: They are expensive but I have a pair of their boots that is well over 11 years old and still going strong..

edit on 8/23/2016 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I can't recommend any decent shoes but wonder if you have considered gel insoles?

They're easy to find and might help you out until you get a good pair of shoes sorted out.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Joki42

Would boots suffice? I've been a steel worker for 15 some years and I can vouch for Red Wing and Wolverine footwear. They do cost more but your feet and the rest of your body will thank you. If you go to a shop that sells only footwear, they will properly size you up.

Also the pricey Doctor Scholls insoles work very well too.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Dr. Martens every time.

www.rubbersole.co.uk... _content=2335&utm_campaign=adwo_fgl&size_id=10&ggnetwork=g&ggcreative=111842260750&ggkeyword=&ggmatchtype=&ggsource=s&mkwid=KzQEgXUV_dt&plid=&gclid=CM b5pICu184CFXQo0wodfbMEhQ&marque=0

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
maybe a question to ask google and get reviews.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I'll second the Red Wing boots/ shoes, and they'll fix em for cheap, some repairs are free I think forever. Great boots.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joki42
I walk and stand for 8 to 12 hours a night with shoes that have to be professional looking.

I suggest the leather thigh boots with 5" stiletto heels. These are tried and tested by other 'professionals' who spend entire evenings walking hard concrete surfaces plying their wares in the pursuit of their chosen career path.

edit on 23-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Sketcher shape-ups in the mens black leather, composite toe or not, your call.

I'm on my feet for 12 hrs a night and they are AMAZING!
Red Wings killed my feet, wolverines are just junk (JMO) I walk hard and slamming around on concrete in a lesser padded shoe is killer. Plus I walked right thru the heels in 2 months.

The Shape-ups force you to stand straight so no lower back pain. The only oddness is they also rock some and take a few days to get used to if you've never worn them. I got 5 years out of my last pair and am waiting for my new pair as we type!

You have a PM
edit on 23-8-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm a fan of Timberlands

Pricier, but super comfy, durable and stylish

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

I agree!! Timberland Pro Series with Titan steel toes and anti-fatigue sole. I was a multicraft mechanic for over forty years and the best boot I ever found were these. They do indeed work. I'm retired now, but when I was buying boots, they came in two colors black and a brownish tan. They were very comfortable and would be just as comfortable at the end of my shift (12 hours) as when I started. Plus they were UL listed for electricians...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
My husband doesn't have to have leather. His just have to be solid black. I special make Nike in all black, you can build a custom shoe (not sure if you can custom build with leather but maybe). The insoles also make the difference! He also swears by Dr. Scholl insoles. He walks for 10 hours straight so his feet take a beating.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I guess the shoe type depends on the actual job requirements but as far as just standing and walking I preferred SAS moccasins when I worked in a controlled industrial environment with smooth concrete floors. They are leather uppers and a soft cushioned sole to dampen impact. One fine shoe if you stand on concrete all day.

sasshoes.com...

And the soles are durable.
edit on 23-8-2016 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
I can't recommend any decent shoes but wonder if you have considered gel insoles?

They're easy to find and might help you out until you get a good pair of shoes sorted out.

Dr Scholls has a semi-custom gel insert for around 50$ that was a lifesaver for me. And they last a surprisingly long time.

It's not the shoe, OP, it's how you support your feet that makes a difference.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Some great suggestions. Although, I don't think the stilettos would go over well. I've tried Doc Martins, they were too stiff and would make a crease that pinched my toes when I walked. I've heard a lot about Red Wings but haven't tried the. I always have Dr Scholls inserts, they do help. I'll check out the suggestions, thanks.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Good luck! And please keep us updated. I would love to know what ends up working for you.

The more knowledge we have the more options we have.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I work in a steel mill. Ive used several types, but usually just buy Redwings. They last. Ive probably gone through at least 8-10 pairs on this job in the last 35 years. Go see if they have something you like and feels good, if not go elsewhere. I really liked some sketchers I had over 20 years ago

new topics

top topics

join