It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Donald Trump's endgame the launch of Trump News?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It makes sense. A while back I posted a thread on Trump throwing the elections away for Hillary Clinton. Many disputed this claim arguing there was no real motivation for Trump to put himself through all this only lose. I've pointed out that the man made $190 million in additional profit to his empire as the result of running. We know Trump is benefiting financially from his presidential run... but with Breitbart's Bannon and former Fox news CEO Ailes on board the Trump team, a far deeper goal is becoming apparent.

The breakout media star of 2016 is, inarguably, Donald Trump, who has masterfully—and horrifyingly—demonstrated an aptitude for manipulating the news cycle, gaining billions of dollars worth of free airtime, and dominating coverage on every screen. Now, several people around him are looking for a way to leverage his supporters into a new media platform and cable channel.

Trump is indeed considering creating his own media business, built on the audience that has supported him thus far in his bid to become the next president of the United States.

www.vanityfair.com...

It makes so much sense. I mean his attacks on Fox news, in particular, Fox star Megyn Kelly and then him getting cozy with Ailes, Former Fox CEO.... it's almost as if Ailes left for a much bigger media prospect with Trump... why not? Bannon from Breitbart? They have the muscle and know how to start something that could seriously threaten Fox news dominance among conservative media.

Fox News itself is worth more than $11 billion
www.forbes.com...

Average viewer age of Fox is 68 years so Trump doesn't have to worry appealing to younger voters.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

It's a smart move I've got to say. Considering how much his supporters literally eat up anything he says or does, and how many of his supporters shunned Megyn Kelly when her and Trump were at odds? This guy is going to take a chunk of the demographic with him that Fox news so much depends on as the result of his presidential run.

How many votes will Trump get come November? John McCain, who lost badly against Obama in 2008, still managed to rack up 58 million votes. If Trump manages to keep the attention of even a fraction of the votes he gets come November, he'll automatically have millions of loyal views, followers, locked in. It's genius, I've got to get him credit if this is his end game.

Then we have recent headlines like these:

Donald Trump’s campaign is spending money on all the wrong things
qz.com...

Donald Trump is finally raising money. So why isn’t he spending it?
www.washingtonpost.com... a6_story.html

He isn't running his campaign to win the presidential elections and his actions are clear. I don't know how long he has been planning this, or how far he expected to get, but it certainly appears his plan has been a success. Not sure how his supporters would feel being used, but I'll assume they really don't care.

This is classic conspiracy stuff, I'm surprised we're not discussing this more on here.

edit on 23-8-2016 by Southern Guardian because: fixed link

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

He is a corporate bussiness man. He is interested in one thing only. Money. Presidency is just a means to a end. He can make loads of money through attention, bribes, policies etc....

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
What if that is just his backup plan in case he loses the election?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
So is he broke as many threads claim or is he continuing to be a very successful man? I get confused with all the flip-flopping looking to pin something on the man.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

We don't know because he won't release his tax returns. But we know he is astonishingly, amazingly, superhuman healthy. Cause he got a doctors note saying so.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
He has been saying for over 30 years he would run if he thought things were bad enough, not start his own news network 30 years ago. I could see it though, creating another resource for conservatives. There is hardly anything out there so it would be a good investment. There will also be lots and lots of material if she wins. Her and Bill's last name should be the Scandals.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

That is a very interesting analogy, but remember it is the media the one that could not get enough of him, that is because Trumps antics.

The media can not get enough of him, he other wise can not get enough of the media attention.

Like another poster said he is the business man and making money is his trade.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I read about this yesterday. It's an interesting conspiracy. I'm not sure if it is true, but it certainly makes a lot of sense. Trump is a con man, and I've been saying from the beginning that he is conning the public to be the President. This could be his con goals, or it could be something he came up with while campaigning.

So to add to the puzzle. I read this this morning:
Andrea Tantaros of Fox News Claims Retaliation for Harassment Complaints

Fox News' legal woes aren't all over. If this CT is true Trump News could be poised to literally topple Fox News in one blow if all these new allegations open up new controversies.
edit on 23-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I don't think it was his initial plan, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's his plan now. ugh. can you imagine trump news? I think his end game now is to get one of his kids in office.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
So it will be another comedy show. Hope it is 24 hours a day.

"Trump News - all the news you can't use"

He can use it to get people upset then sue them.

I would not be at all surprised if he does do it.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I know he tried to buy a major newspaper years ago, can't remember which one. Said he was glad he didn't. The deal fell through. Would have lost a lot of money with the advent of the internet news. If he started a network it would not be called Trump news though. He would likely be one of several investors. Not really his style to do something of that magnitude solo.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Oh you can bet your ass it'll be called Trump news. What company has he ever NOT put his name on? I can't believe you even realistically suggested such a thing.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Donald Trump is finally raising money. So why isn’t he spending it? www.washingtonpost.com... a6_story.html

What if.....
We have 76 days till the election. Trump hasn't needed to buy air time, because the networks are giving him all the free press he could ask for. He really hasn't run many anti Hillary ads, so....
What if he's saving that money for a last push, 60 day, anti Hillary ad spree. Dump all that money in to ads, ads, ads, all targeting Clinton, during the final days?
With all the free press he gets, it's what I'd do.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

not his style? you're kidding right?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It also explains why...to the frustration of the GOP..he is holding rallies in states he already has locked up...like Mississippi.

Trump’s red-state tour
With the clock ticking down, Trump goes to solidly Republican ground

www.politico.com...

“I have never known a general election campaign in my adult life, a Republican campaign, to spend time in Mississippi outside of raising money,” said Austin Barbour, a Mississippi-based Republican operative. “Donald Trump’s going to win Mississippi by at least double digits.”

He isn't campaigning...he is on a marketing blitz for viewership!

And spending campaign donations vs. his own money to do it!

I always wondered what his exit plan was...cuz no one wants to license his name for buildings after this year....

Trump Media! Even hires Ailes and Bannon! All the upfront money is scammed from campaign supporters...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
So is he broke as many threads claim or is he continuing to be a very successful man? I get confused with all the flip-flopping looking to pin something on the man.

His business ventures are failing, but right now he is in the Black...

Donald Trump Jacked Up His Campaign's Trump Tower Rent Once Somebody Else Was Paying It
Office rent soared in July after Trump's campaign began accepting donor contributions.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Trump nearly quintupled the monthly rent his presidential campaign pays for its headquarters at Trump Tower to $169,758 in July, when he was raising funds from donors, compared with March, when he was self-funding his campaign

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
I know he tried to buy a major newspaper years ago, can't remember which one. Said he was glad he didn't.

Don't forget "Trump Magazine"

I Survived ‘Trump’ Magazine—Barely
Bills went unpaid. They turned off the electricity. Our paychecks started bouncing. I got cancer and they canceled my health coverage. Here’s what it was like to work for Donald Trump’s failed magazine.

www.politico.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
He'll do whatever he feels like at that moment that will get him as much attention as possible. I honestly don't think he's capable of planning more than a few hours ahead of time, or he would have been able to predict the devastating effect this campaign is having on his name brand. NO ONE is ever going to want to buy his name to put up on a building or a product, ever again.

And his supporters mostly can't afford to stay at Trump Towers, Trump Hotel, or go for a few rounds at a Trump golf course, either.

Sad!

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Two months ago...And you nailed...

Trump son-in-law makes approach on post-election TV start-up
www.ft.com...

Report: Donald Trump's son-in-law talking about setting up 'Trump TV'
money.cnn.com...

Donald Trump’s Son-in-Law Is Reportedly in Talks to Create a Post-Election Trump TV Network
www.vanityfair.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Yep. Trump Jr. dipped his toe in media water with the "crooked hillary" website. Great moneymaker for him, too.

If Fox News is al Qaeda, then a Trump-Breitbart media group is ISIS. More hardcore, scorched earth, the most reactionary and ready to prove it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join