It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Plan for Fighting Crime - Tougher Cops

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: Krazysh0t

When did you become such a pessimist? I seriously doubt that it would take an entire Presidential term for things to get that bad. I think that realistically we would be seeing that roll out by next Memorial Day

He should "shoot" for Easter. Make it a Passover themed shake down. A combination history and crime lesson.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar
Lol. Well you have to give it time for the public to react to all the street ordered executions.
edit on 23-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
a reply to: pheonix358

He is actually correct on this issue. I have served 20 years in the military and if you want to control a situation you have to take control of it with uncommon force. There is no other way if you want to control it long term and not just for a small window of time. Chicago is a war zone. Totally out of control with gun violence. Their Democratic leaders have failed them. I would even step it up to a military operation along with police. It could be cleaned up in less than 6 months. The violence would come to a grinding halt.

And this goes towards proving that ex-military should NEVER be allowed to be cops.

Everyone is aware of the brain washing that goes on in the US military and how a lack of respect for life is encouraged.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

He is actually correct on this issue. I have served 20 years in the military and if you want to control a situation you have to take control of it with uncommon force. There is no other way if you want to control it long term and not just for a small window of time. Chicago is a war zone. Totally out of control with gun violence. Their Democratic leaders have failed them. I would even step it up to a military operation along with police. It could be cleaned up in less than 6 months. The violence would come to a grinding halt.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nooo too gentle!

They should give Police apache gun ships with permission to waste entire neighborhoods if just one person is caught smoking pot.

And morters for riot control and planes to drop napalm on black ghettos.

USA USA USA!
edit on 23-8-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Pass a law giving the local police control of the illegal drug trade there and all the profits. The place will be under control in a couple of weeks.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The violence may come to a grinding halt, but you will have trampled on the right so many, many people in the process.

The solution will not start at the top down, it needs to start from the bottom up, and I would argue that local people need to find a backbone and start talking to police about these crimes instead of cowering in fear because of retaliation. Nothing will change if that mentality doesn't reverse, first and foremost.

I get it, you're a 20-year military vet, and I can appreciate that, but having been out of the military for 14 years, military force is not always the answer, nor is it as effective as you claim in the long-term...well, assuming that we don't strip individual right for the long term, too.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
To the OP: Tougher Cops? It means cops that are allowed to do their jobs with out fear of retribution or punishment by the present liberal government. It means supporting cops to go out at risk of life and limb and stop crime. He is not saying he's a fascist and wants to take over the world. He's saying that he will support the efforts of the police to do their jobs to the very best of their abilities.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fromabove
To the OP: Tougher Cops? It means cops that are allowed to do their jobs with out fear of retribution or punishment by the present liberal government. It means supporting cops to go out at risk of life and limb and stop crime. He is not saying he's a fascist and wants to take over the world. He's saying that he will support the efforts of the police to do their jobs to the very best of their abilities.

"By the present liberal government" ... where would that be? Republicans are in control of Congress and more than half the States ...

If you're going to advocate for authoritarianism ... just do so. No need to misrepresent the truth.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The Obama administration under the Justice Department is at war with local municipalities and governments and their police forces. They are intimidated and coerced into becoming Uber police. The congress is not the executive branch, that's where the President comes in. He is the chief "executive" officer.

The only misrepresentation is your assertion that I have mislead. Indeed, what I say is the truth, and what you claim is misrepresenting is not a valid response to my statement. A good counter argument would be to show where the police were and are free to do their jobs with the support of the executive branch, namely, the President.

edit on 23-8-2016 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Oooooo

Maybe give them mech suites with mini guns attached!

T

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah, like Robocop. We need more Robocops.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Are you aware that the movie Robocop is a satire?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

you're all acting like he was talking with some trigger-happy crackpot, not a high ranking police officer.

Pfft

Jon Graham Burge (born December 20, 1947) is a convicted felon and former Chicago Police Department detective and commander who gained notoriety for torturing more than 200 criminal suspects between 1972 and 1991 in order to force confessions. A decorated United States Army veteran, Burge served tours in South Korea and Vietnam and continued as an enlisted United States Army Reserve soldier where he served in the military police. He then returned to the South Side of Chicago and began his career as a police officer

en.wikipedia.org...

So are you a PiS party member?

K~
edit on 23-8-2016 by aethertek because: question

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Are you aware that the movie Robocop is a satire?

Of course I am. I was having a fun moment. Though I must admit, it would be cool nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Chicago is not a war zone....I wish people would quit using that term...if it was a war zone, you would have armed patrols going out and shooting suspects or anyone else they deemed to be threatening, you would have armored vehicles with soldiers armed with 50. cal's patrolling the streets, you would have air support on suspected targets, etc...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Not all cops are fat lazy slobs.

Why would I want Hillary's Robocop or an internal drone program??

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Simple. LIke he said. A cheerleader. I am surprised more of you anti Trumpers did not jump on this. The police in the US have their hands tied right now. You have a president who does not like police and has sided with criminals on multiple occasions. You have had two AG's that side with criminals. DHS tells us to be more acceptive of others after ISlam kills 49 people in Orlando.

Kiss my ass with your liberal policies. Look at Detroit.

www.dailymail.co.uk... html

War Zone Chicago

Chicago should have the National Guard already deployed.

edit on 08pm31pmf0000002016-08-23T12:11:58-05:001258 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

American cops are gunning down deaf people!

There hands are hardly tied.

No other country in the western world has cops wgo kill as much as the USA.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Democrats control the most violent cities in the US. Maybe the problem isn't just the police, but the management.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join