It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Plan for Fighting Crime - Tougher Cops

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So here's a video of Trump and Bill O'Reilly talking about how Trump plans on Fighting Crime, specifically in Chicago. Even Bill slams Trump for his lack of any kind of plan or even understanding of how the law works. Check it out first and we can discuss.

So the plan is just allow this Tough Guy Cop, who says he can solve it in a week, just do whatever he thinks he needs to do. Didn't even ask for more details, just believes him 100% and is ready to authorize I guess anything the cops want to do.

Well that isn't a plan at all. That is simply authorizing a Brute Squad of militarized Police with expanded powers I guess. Who knows for sure being that even he couldn't say because he never asked.

Don't tell me this man isn't a Fascist Dictator in the making. He has no idea what the hell he's doing!!! WTF people. What do you think will happen after he brutalizes some ghettos for a bit?? Who will be next on the list??? People who criticize him, or the media, or the Sovereign Citizen Movement or perhaps Democrats, I mean it could be anyone. Maybe he'll send them after everyone who made jokes about his tiny hands for all we know. The man is completely out of his mind and dangerous. Not just because he wants to allow such things but for the fact that he has no idea what is even legal or constitutional.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I know there are many movies and TV series out there but I have a bit of a reality check.

The President of the United States of America is not a crime fighter, nor a cop.

Not his job.

In fact at this level, it is more of a state issue.

Even if it was ... what is your idea to stem the always ongoing death rate.

P

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
I know there are many movies and TV series out there but I have a bit of a reality check.

The President of the United States of America is not a crime fighter, nor a cop.

Not his job.

Well maybe you should tell him that because he seems to think it is his job and that "if I'm elected president this chaos and violence will end and it will end very very quickly."

I agree with you totally. That's not his job. But I don't think he knows that. It sounds like he's ready to authorize the cops to do whatever they think they need to do without even asking them exactly what that entails. He doesn't care. He just believe them and that's good enough.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

He is actually correct on this issue. I have served 20 years in the military and if you want to control a situation you have to take control of it with uncommon force. There is no other way if you want to control it long term and not just for a small window of time. Chicago is a war zone. Totally out of control with gun violence. Their Democratic leaders have failed them. I would even step it up to a military operation along with police. It could be cleaned up in less than 6 months. The violence would come to a grinding halt.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: pheonix358

Not his job.

Well maybe you should tell him that because he seems to think it is his job and that "if I'm elected president this chaos and violence will end and it will end very very quickly."

I agree with you totally. That's not his job. But I don't think he knows that. It sounds like he's ready to authorize the cops to do whatever they think they need to do without even asking them exactly what that entails. He doesn't care. He just believe them and that's good enough.

you're failing to read between the lines.

police gets crucified everytime something happens - like recently, they've killed a deaf man that was speeding. i'm not exactly following that story, so i'm not sure if any new details have surfaced, and i'm all against police brutality and trigger happy morons in uniforms, but at the same time, good cops are afraid - and that's what Trump is getting at. they're afraid to act.

now, i'm not guessing how he plans to solve it, because what's clear is it'll be controversial - but i bet it'll have something to do with police officers feeling safe in general. feeling confident to act. he doesn't have to intervene in state affairs, he needs to act globally to remove the cause of the problem, then the problem will cease to exist. they don't need special privileges to get it done, they just can't be afraid to act, afraid that if anything goes wrong, they'll be crucified, regardless of how much good they've done.

Trump gets this. O'Reilly either doesn't, or tries to spin it his way to attack Trump. how about you?
edit on 23/8/2016 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
And of course according to the 'trump-aholics' , he is always right...

Trump needs to be under adult supervision at all times when he speaks.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Crucified really???

It seems to me that the only time a cop actually gets in trouble for anything is when it's obviously impossible to whitewash and then they have to do something. Even then they get off in many cases.

They'll raid the wrong house in a no knock raid looking for a low level drug dealer and throw a flash bang next to a baby almost killing it and they refuse to even say they were wrong.

If that's your idea of being crucified you don't know what crucified is.

The cops get away with murder, literally. Sure they might have to take some paid time off while their case is pending and have some harsh words written about them in the media but that's hardly anything to worry about. It's better than being a victim of police brutality.

Or even having your possessions stolen by asset forfeiture.

How is Trump going to take their fear away??? He doesn't even have a plan for this which isn't even his job in the first place. He just thinks he'll authorize some Tough Guy cop to handle it and it's all good.

That's insane. There isn't even an excuse to try and make for him because he's talking about literally just taking the word of some Tough Guy because he believes him and he didn't even ask what the Tough Guy Cop had in mind. He just believe it will work and he expects us to think the same. That's not a leader. That's a dictator my friend.

Would you let Obama or Hillary do the same and make excuses for them too???

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
And of course according to the 'trump-aholics' , he is always right...

Trump needs to be under adult supervision at all times when he speaks.

why? because what he says, more often than not requires some thinking to process?

i love your avatar, but enough rum for today.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

more often than not requires some thinking to process?

You may find that the people that need time to process Trumps rhetoric are just frigging slow, lacking in the grey matter

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
How the hell do US cops get any tougher? Shooting rocket launchers whilst in pursuit or kidnapping followed by taking you to an atm to clear your bank account for parking tickets?

They already beat your ass while screaming stop resisting and shoot to kill over damn near anything. Whats next? Checkpoints on all roads and torturing eitnesses to talk in places like Chicago?

Id rather see these places simply evacuated and burned to the ground.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

O.O
Man... I just watched that clip and... let's just say, this is absolutely horrifying.

The guy said his plan to end the violence in Chicago is to hire some unnamed police chief because the guy said he could end the problems in a week. Not only did the guy not give details on how he'd do it, but Trump he says he didn't even ask for the details because he was 100% convinced by the officer's conviction. The closest thing to "details" was that Trump wanted the police to be tougher.

This can't be his real thought process. I refuse to believe that our potential commander in chief would make major decisions like this.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
[...]
The cops get away with murder, literally. Sure they might have to take some paid time off while their case is pending and have some harsh words written about them in the media but that's hardly anything to worry about. It's better than being a victim of police brutality.
[...]
How is Trump going to take their fear away??? He doesn't even have a plan for this which isn't even his job in the first place. He just thinks he'll authorize some Tough Guy cop to handle it and it's all good.
[...]
Would you let Obama or Hillary do the same and make excuses for them too???

FFS, keep Obama and Hillary out of this, we're bashing Trump here - and as i've mentioned in several other threads, i'm not exactly his supporter, and i certainly won't be voting.

they're crucified by the media. perhaps more by the alternative media, but still. you say it's hardly anything to worry about - when dealing with low-to-average crime levels, perhaps, but still, it doesn't hurt to have the citizens supporting you, not looking at you like you're yet another criminal. especially that, you know, out of whatever-the-number-of-police-officers-is, those that should be fired and put in jail, are a pretty small number - and the rest is trying to do a good job.

as for the solution, you're mixing stuff, hopefully not on purpose. it has nothing to do with authorizing some tough guy cop, and it has everything to do with his duties as a president. police may be a state affair, but they're acting within the law boundaries that come from washington (as far as i understand it), so - in a way - they're extension of the federal law enforcement. when someone blames the police, they don't blame the police in this or that state, they just blame the police in general. his solution will have to take the heat from them in the media and in the eyes of the public. wether he has one - you can't even guess, because he wasn't allowed to say, being forced to explain to that moron O'Reilly what he means.

and what he meant is that removing the cause - police being afraid to act, not just in chicago, but everywhere - will solve the problem, because the police will take it over from there.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

more often than not requires some thinking to process?

You may find that the people that need time to process Trumps rhetoric are just frigging slow, lacking in the grey matter

by "some thinking" i meant exacty that. "some". in realtime, so to speak - i didn't say it requires additional time. watching it with your grey matter active.

not with your brain turned off, or farting.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

It sounds like he asked police for opinions on policing, which doesn't seem too far out of the ordinary.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

O.O
Man... I just watched that clip and... let's just say, this is absolutely horrifying.

The guy said his plan to end the violence in Chicago is to hire some unnamed police chief because the guy said he could end the problems in a week. Not only did the guy not give details on how he'd do it, but Trump he says he didn't even ask for the details because he was 100% convinced by the officer's conviction. The closest thing to "details" was that Trump wanted the police to be tougher.

This can't be his real thought process. I refuse to believe that our potential commander in chief would make major decisions like this.

don't listen to O'Reilly, because you're following his line of thought - or at least the line of thought he wants you to follow.

listen to Trump and try to figure out on your own what he means.

we have a politician a little bit like him here, in Poland. whenever he says something important - or less important even - his words are being twisted, and even when they're not, some just don't get what he's saying, because people are so used to being dumb these days that they're unable to understand anything that isn't explained to them like they're a 5yo child.

same thing happens with Trump it seems.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

and so it begins the brownshirts or ss.,
he can make an army just of his stormfront supporters

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

"Did he tell you how"? "No he just said he wants to use tough police tactics" Anyone in America with their election glasses on the table worried?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: WanderingNomadd

"Did he tell you how"? "No he just said he wants to use tough police tactics" Anyone in America with their election glasses on the table worried?

isn't a police officer supposed to be tough when needed? not being afraid to act? it's a safe assumption that he meant acting within the law - existing law - so why worried? criminals should be worried.

and that's what he was hinting at - that the current people in charge there are afraid to act. not unable to, just afraid.

is it really so damn hard to understand what he's saying? i won't be voting, i don't even think he's being entirely honest, but for #s sake, most of the time he's spot on and one has to be blind and/or stupid to not see it.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Now just wait a goddamn minute, people.

If Obama were to do this, he'd be vilified for adding to the militarized brute force police problem, but it's totes okie-dokie for Trump to want to? WTF?

Look at how you people bitch up a storm when the cops shoot someone shooting/aiming at them, or get creative and robo-bomb a terrorist (and yes he was) taking out cops in Dallas. And now you want more force as a policing prerequisite? How much more pretzeled can your mental gymnastics get?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It sounds like he asked police for opinions on policing, which doesn't seem too far out of the ordinary.

As the LE that visit this site tell us it is not the job of police to have opinions, it is up to them to enforce the law...

I would liken this to asking the fox for ideas on how to protect the hen house.....not a very good idea

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join