It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainstorming For Anti-Cancer Natural Treaments

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
So I know somebody that came down with cancer and want to send them some idea's.
It looks like the doctors are saying it's too late to operate. So what modern medicine will do for them is minimal.

4 categories to pick from

Vitamins & Minerals - example Astaxanthin

Whole Foods - example Apricot seeds

Juices - example Organic carrot juice freshly juiced

Essential oils - example Frankincense

What do you have for idea's and research, and why ?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Hope

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

The emotional aspect is out of my control, other than giving positive support.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Another natural remedy to note is Cannabidiol (CBD) - a cannabinoid (not JUST found in Cannabis, also found in other plants)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I've heard "amygdalin" in apricot seeds is actually not effective against cancers (even though I bought a bunch of these bitter-tasting things and I still eat them from time to time). Have you found any good information about this?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Fasting, or calorie restriction as it is referred to scientifically, has shown amazing evidence for helping the body repair abnormalities. When you are abstaining from food, and drinking lots of water, it allows the bloodflow that is normally allocated to the gut for digestion to be dispersed elsewhere in the body to amplify repair processes, cognition, etc. On top of this a ketogenic diet will also be helpful - meaning a no carb diet (eat nuts, fish, etc). Cancer cells feed primarily on glucose,this is called the Warburg effect. By starving the body of carbohydates (and thus glucose) the cancer cells can be starved and the body returned to normal homeostasis.

Sources:
"Stage-specific microRNAs and their role in the anticancer effects of calorie restriction in a rat model of ER-positive luminal breast cancer" 2016 frol PLoS ONE
"Dietary restriction: could it be considered as speed bump on tumor progression road?" 2016 from Tumor Biology
"Inhibition of neuroblastoma tumor growth by ketogenic diet and/or calorie restriction in a CD1-nu mouse model" 2015 from PLoS ONE
edit on 22-8-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Turmeric has shown to be very helpful..

en.wikipedia.org...

authoritynutrition.com...

draxe.com...

Along w/some Cannabis and I'd also supplement some Nascent Iodine for the thyroid...

Asante

And Stay Hydrated!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

If you cant give hope, then in my opinion, you should let the doctors do their work.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Glad you brought up turmeric! I've also heard that when you combine black pepper with turmeric, your body can absorb it something like 10X better than turmeric on its own. I always combine the two

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Dr Sebi apparantly had a lot of success treating cancer.. but don't know the specifics. I'd suggest looking into his work.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Don't forget its not what you add its also what you remove from the diet. The Dairy cow, has an immense amount of hormones in her milk . More now days as they milk them when they are pregnant. Its estimated that since the genetic manipulation of the dairy herds to produce, the Oestrogen content has increased 800 fold. Add in the fact that in the milk their is the same growth hormone that humans use, but in the cow its a souped up version to make a calf into a two ton beast in eighteen months. This hormone is also telling all human cells to divide , in cheese its ten times the amount which is in ordinary milk. So as far as the uncontrolled division of cancerous cells goes, this hormone should be a red flag in all dairy consuming countries. Its not just a worry in hormone related cancers, like breast and prostate. But any foreign protein that's telling cells to divide faster, in a human adult it should be removed from the diet .
In China where Dairy was rare treat, hormone related cancers were virtually no existent, and the average height of the Asian is a foot smaller than the western dairy consuming counterpart. The average increase in height , which is also cell division, in the west is also due to an increasing dairy consumption. So take that on board.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I've heard "amygdalin" in apricot seeds is actually not effective against cancers (even though I bought a bunch of these bitter-tasting things and I still eat them from time to time). Have you found any good information about this?

You do know that the bitter taste is from cyanide, right? (see entry under "origin and history" here) And the reason they tell you to not eat the whole bag (right on the bag) is because of the amounts of cyanide.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Yes, I was aware of that. But the whole "Vitamin B17" thing also sounds like it's bullsh*t and apricot seeds probably don't help at all with cancer treatment. Bummer, wasted money on a stupid fake/ineffective supplement.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
All good advice; B17/Laetrile/amygdalin (all the same thing) was tested and found to work at Sloan-Kettering Memorial Cancer Institute in the first several rounds of tests. Then the 'investigators' lowered the dose and decided it didn't work. It was a big scandal at SKMC at the time.

You can buy it in pill form and high doses (500 mg IIRC) are available. I took them myself for over a year after my diagnosis without any side effect or cyanide poisoning.

Look into CBD, for both cancer treatment (possible, maybe it works on some cancers and not others); also reserve cannabis for possible use as an anxiety prevention and pain killer if you get to the hospice stage.

The ketosis diet is great advice - we've known about this one for 100 years now and it's being looked at again by the more open minded reseachers.

Moderate protein (too much protein turns to blood glucose) and moderate to high fat diet - means meat, eggs, nuts and nonstarchy vegetables.

If I was diagnosed with cancer again, I'd go into a ketotic diet and STAY there indefinitely. Perhaps our ancestors didn't have the issues with cancer because they often went hungry enough to go into intermittent ketosis, thereby the random cancer cells we all have never had a chance to multiply into a problem. It may very well be that the reason chemo works is that it produces nausea and vomiting, thus causing the patient to go into ketosis for a while (I've never seen research on this possibility but I've looked extensively...) I *do* know that a lot of the people who die from 'cancer' actually died from the cut/burn/poison approach we consider 'standard of care', though. No medical examiner would have the nerve to buck his profession by calling it that, though. Even if the 'kidney failure' or 'liver failure' was undoubtedly caused by the chemo.

In short, there is a possible synergy with using a LOT of different approaches rather than one or two. Can't hurt, may help. We all are our own guinea pigs, whether we're healthy or not.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: JimNasium

Glad you brought up turmeric! I've also heard that when you combine black pepper with turmeric, your body can absorb it something like 10X better than turmeric on its own. I always combine the two

Instead of black pepper, you can buy piperine tablets, which is the substance in black pepper that reacts with curcumin.
In fact, the expensive versions of curcumin have added piperine for absorption.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A rather obscure lab came up with Maitaki mushroom d'fraction and plain old L-ascorbic acid (Vit C) combined in a certain ratio that was an excellent cancer killer in a test tube, in fact the best one they had seen according to the researcher (as I remember it). The only question was will it work in a human?

It's just one of a zillion "alternative cancer treatments" but it has my attention specifically due to a friend's friend with pancreatic cancer who used that mix in a liposomal suspension and had a near miraculous result last month ... he was newly diagnosed with (nearly always fatal) pancreatic cancer and heard about the stuff and found some online, took it in smaller amounts than the protocol suggested and still the tumor stopped growing, shrunk and broke into small fragments in the month before they operated... and the oncologists told him to keep taking it as they had never seen that happen without chemo.

Unfortunately, or not, he is now doing conventional chemo therapy... which sucks.

Since then I did some digging and found a slew of anecdotal results from the stuff, all good... so if I were to get cancer, as one in three of us eventually do, I'd try that first... especially as it is non-toxic... though it is suggested that people be careful as the dead cancer cells can cause sepsis if killed in sufficient numbers and many use coffee enemas to clean the detritus out (eww).

So, hearsay based on one's lab science along with various caveats about specific cancers and individuals... but what the heck? It's cheap, non toxic and is half an essential vitamin most don't get enough of anyway.
edit on 8/22/2016 by Baddogma because: know to now ...typo

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

This is extremely controversial, but sometimes I wonder if cancer isn't a form of chronic scurvy. I doubt anyone nowadays gets optimal amounts of C, and the RDA is just enough to keep your cells from dissolving into a gelatinous mass, lacking any cell wall integrity. Hmmm.... cell wall integrity - cancer... a connection perhaps.

I'd forgotten but I also habitually take several GRAMS (not a typo) of C daily. I was supposed to be dead years ago.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

There is a contested connection between heart disease (arterial sclerosis) and sub clinical scurvy (v-c deficiency), first identified by Linus Pauling (and Mathias Rath) in the 1980's and then quietly buried along with Pauling's other findings, like v-c vs virus, and explained away as "formerly great old man acquires dementia and embarrasses himself" ... it might be contested but a vitamin-c and lysine treatment has saved many lives and cleared many arteries... I know several folks personally who were written off as dead due to clogged arteries and are still kicking due only to those two substances (or unlikely coincidence, I guess).

Apparently Pauling (and it's called the Pauling -Rath Theory, if memory serves) thought the plaque was simply the body shoring up brittle arteries to keep one from bleeding out from a break ...and the plaques do occur where the pressure from the heart is greatest... which goes against the cholesterol theory... you would think the plaque would grow in the extremities and smaller veins, if it was merely caused by goo in the blood.

So... while unconventional medicine has lots of marketing and b.s. attached to it, the science on v-c is neither marketing or b.s.

I have a relative who is a bit of a "name" as a vit-c scholar and so hear much about it... and also know people who swear IV treatments of vit -c (as sodium ascorbate) cured their cancer all by itself... so it may well be a key. My scholar friend does say that v-c by itself is sometimes ineffective against certain cancers... especially in early cancer cases, oddly, but it cannot hurt.

I don't have any caveats about v-c in relation to heart disease, though... too many anecdotes about that erased all doubt from my mind... my own family tends to die from heart disease in their early 40's and I am older than that and smoke and eat poorly... the only difference is that I take multiple grams of v-c daily, too. Anecdotes aren't science... but they are compelling, nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

me too sprinkle turmeric and pepper on my food every day...tumeric is the most anti inflammatoy spice on the spice rack...several years ago I had an inflammatory disease.....they put me on a round of steroids and it cleared up...but I take the turmeric black pepper for the anti infllamatory properties to help keep inflamamtion away..

they are working on a cure for cancer from the Brazilian wasp www.iflscience.com...

it's the MP1 in the wasp venom that kills cancer but does not affect normal cells.... sorry this will be a few years down the road and don't know if it naturally occurs in anything else ( to late for people like my hubby who died from cancer a few years ago).

have common sense...listen when they want to talk and just be there for them....good you are doing a little research...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

great info on piperine tablets - thanks for this!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join