It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Zika to Radiation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
How long before the media starts bringing up the dangers of going to Tokyo? Doesn't Fukishima rate as being a bit more dangerous to be around than the Zika virus? If I were planning a vacation in 2020 it would not be to ground zero Fukishima. Why hasn't the WHO chimed in on this issue yet? Or have they and I missed it?

Japan has not gotten a handle on this and all I hear is how the radiation poisoning is just getting worse by the day, so hosting an Olympics hardly seems feasible without incurring risks for guests and isn't just going to be 10 times worse by then? How many athletes really want to go someplace that is going to expose them to these risks? Heck if the zika virus was such a big deal, isn't this risk worse?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

I bring it up to folks at work and they could care less...amazing. When I even mention how many nuclear power plants in the US they still don't give a crap...talk about some goofy reality show and you have a conversation..

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Whenever the media hypes a new disease know they are up to something or they're covering something up.
And Welcome to the times where everything that doesn't get regular media exposure is forgotten.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Japan had better come up with a solution soon or many more people will be asking the same question as the op.Im worried that as they haven't found an answer to this on going radiological disaster yet,they may never will.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Do you think this disaster will have as many deaths a Chernobyl?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Who knows, they haven't exactly been forthcoming about the amount of deaths attributed to either event, but as far as I am concerned, neither was handled properly and both have put the world at risk. Nuclear energy is going to be the end of us all some day. I just was curious how come I have not heard one peep yet about Fukishma as it is related to the Olympics and the problems that is going to cause. They made such a huge stink about Brazil and the zika virus, just think this Japan problem is considerably worse situation to face.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Japan had better come up with a solution soon or many more people will be asking the same question as the op.Im worried that as they haven't found an answer to this on going radiological disaster yet,they may never will.

So far no solution has worked and I do not have much confidence in there being one that is going to reverse the effects already propagated by this situation. Anything we hear from Japan about this matter is covered in lies and it will just get worse as the Olympics approach. It will all become a big spin to assure the world everything is under control.

What they better do is get the UN involved and start sending delegates with no motive to make sure that what is going on is reported by people with nothing to gain from a cover up.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

I bring it up to folks at work and they could care less...amazing. When I even mention how many nuclear power plants in the US they still don't give a crap...talk about some goofy reality show and you have a conversation..

4 years away, so right now, not surprised by the lack of concern, but you bet there will begin to be a cry for a reality check in the near future.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

They do not care. The don't seem to care anywhere, the Indian Point-2 Nuclear reactor 25 mi outside of NYC seems to be in worse shape than Fukushima and the NRC wants to renew it's license for another 20 years.

In regard to Zika, they note the problem areas in Miami rto beetween X streets and X streets, though mosquiotes fly across the street, easily.

An olympics in Tokyo? 'THEY' probablly think it a fine idea, nothing to worry about.
edit on 22-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
a reply to: Bluntone22

Who knows, they haven't exactly been forthcoming about the amount of deaths attributed to either event, but as far as I am concerned, neither was handled properly and both have put the world at risk. Nuclear energy is going to be the end of us all some day. I just was curious how come I have not heard one peep yet about Fukishma as it is related to the Olympics and the problems that is going to cause. They made such a huge stink about Brazil and the zika virus, just think this Japan problem is considerably worse situation to face.

I don't have so much a problem with nuclear energy, but the technology that built it from the 50s and 60s was flawed and they need to be built completely differently. It was thought that concrete was not pourous enough nor stainless steel/bolts/differelt welding procedures would not be degraded over time or by radioactive materials that flow by them during refueling. The were wrong. Completely.

I was reading about Indian point, the workers have to wear rain hats and coats as radioactive water RAINS INSIDE on them. (sort of reminds me of a Simpson;s scenario, but it's true, has been since about 1993.)

There is also one in Florida leaking various radioactive materials into the atlantic that flow toward the gulf and leach into the groundwater. The cooling canals are allowed to be run at 104 degrees F, when the absolute hottest was supposed to be 102, and even that is dangerous.

Almost every plant needs to be rebuilt.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

this was the first thing I thought when they awarded Japan the 2024 olympics....I was really surprised... they were supposed fix the water problem in RIO ( raw sewage running down into the bay) and it never happened.....

why should we think they will do anything with Fukushima....which is about 262 miles away from toykyo....

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

this was the first thing I thought when they awarded Japan the 2024 olympics....I was really surprised... they were supposed fix the water problem in RIO ( raw sewage running down into the bay) and it never happened.....

why should we think they will do anything with Fukushima....which is about 262 miles away from toykyo....

I can't believe they went through with it in Rio. They should at least have cancelled the open water swimming event. I wonder how many got sick we haven't heard of.

Hope Solo, who posted to siocial media her mosquito tent for her head and repellant she brought to give to fellow aathletes free was CHASTIZED. She was made to give some sort of apology. Hope Solo Pics

She was repeatedly booed and taunted with chants of “Zika!” on Wednesday during a match against New Zealand.
I had forgotten about the booing part.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

WHO signed a memo of understanding with the IAEA decades ago that among other things requires WHO to share its findings on any nuclear-related issues with IAEA before publishing anything.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

They do not care. The don't seem to care anywhere, the Indian Point-2 Nuclear reactor 25 mi outside of NYC seems to be in worse shape than Fukushima and the NRC wants to renew it's license for another 20 years.

In regard to Zika, they note the problem areas in Miami rto beetween X streets and X streets, though mosquiotes fly across the street, easily.

An olympics in Tokyo? 'THEY' probablly think it a fine idea, nothing to worry about.

Yeah and all pregnant women are advised to stay out of Miami, how does that work? Of course those that want population reduction are clapping their hands and offering free trips to Japan.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

What amazes me is the lack of attention to solar powered energy sources, at least that radiation could be beneficial without having meltdowns of plutonium cores. They should be trying to decommission every single nuclear reactor on this planet, but why do something that could benefit mankind, what would be the point of that.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uphill

WHO signed a memo of understanding with the IAEA decades ago that among other things requires WHO to share its findings on any nuclear-related issues with IAEA before publishing anything.

How appropriate is that for an organization WHO doesn't do what they are supposed to do.

top topics

join