It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAUGHT ON VIDEO=> Hillary Supporters Commit Voter Fraud in Nevada

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I have no clue of the laws in Nevada pertaining to this activity, the claims of fraud were by the source articles, so take that with a grain of salt, I am more interested in knowing if this woman's activities in regards to voter registration actually break the law...

I am all for folks registering to vote, I just want the effort to be above board

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm more inclined to think this is fabricated to boost support for trump but it seems way to low level to have come from his campaign. Just some schlep on YouTube being a jerk. Without proof of any thing.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is electioneering. Yes, it is illegal. Is it voter fraud? Probably not.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Trump though ... I'm just saying ... the whole thing could be rigged for "public consumption."

Smell like Breitbart.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Thats a weird law.. I guess everyone breaks it because thats what both campaigns do.. they table in places and register people to vote and pitch their party candidates, In 2 different states (Ohio and AZ) I have been approached by both parties to register and vote for their candidate.

I had no idea that is against the law.. maybe its just a Nevada thing

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Here's the laws regarding elections in Nevada. Nevada Law - Elections

I'm damned if I can find the supposed restriction stated in the articles ...

Anyone?
edit on 22-8-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

Okay ... here is a Guide to Voter Registration From the SOS of Nevada:

Nevada Secretary of State

No mention of restrictions as noted in the articles here.
edit on 22-8-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This broke yesterday on reddit.. The guy who posted it is a member there...

She was also handing out vote for Hillary pamphlets with her name and phone number on them. This is what she wouldn't let him have because she knew she was being taped...

She absolutely lives in California... I'll go and find the reddit link..

here is the thread

edit on 22-8-2016 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

I don't think she was breaking the law. Unless she was saying 'I can register you to vote if you vote for Clinton'.

When I worked on the phones for the Obama campaign, one task was to call voters in Florida and offer them a ride to the polling place. I could say where I was calling from, I could state that Obama volunteers locally were providing the rides, but I had to be VERY clear that the ride would be provided no matter who they were vooting for and they did not have to tell me who they were voting for.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

So that pretty much clears up that it is a non-issue. IF the lady is even in the wrong it is 100% her fault, if not then she is attempting to get people to register to vote outside her state of residence. Thus there is nothing for Nevada to do.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

What's "suspect" about revealing cheating?

Im here mainly to be entertained by the increasingly fancy footwork required to minimize the deluge of below-board tactics used to try and force HRC on us.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I edited my post withe the reddit link
edit on 22-8-2016 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: intrptr

Then why did she flee?

How does "fleeing" prove that she works for the Clinton campaign ... exactly?

Take the quotation hash marks away from your question. She fled.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Never mind.

It is Nevada Revised Statute 293.505(10) as noted in the first article in the OP. It says just what the article says it does.

There is some indication that law refers to a specific officer of the elections board noted as a Field Registrar (which would make sense for them to be non-partisan.)

See, however, the additional information I posted above from the Nevada Secretary of State.

I think this law refers to an official "Field Registrar" and not someone volunteering to register folks to vote.

EDITING AGAIN:

I believe that I am correct. 505 (10) refers to a County Elections Board officer ...

However:

NRS 293.5045  Voter registration agencies: Prohibited acts; penalties.
1.  A person who works in a voter registration agency shall not:
(a) Seek to influence an applicant’s political preference or party registration;
(b) Display a political preference or party allegiance in a place where it can be seen by an applicant;
(c) Make any statement or take any action to discourage an applicant from registering to vote; or
(d) Make any statement or take any action which would lead the applicant to believe that a decision to register to vote has any effect on the availability of any services or benefits provided by the State or Federal Government.
2.  A person who violates any of the provisions of subsection 1 is guilty of a category E felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.
3.  A voter registration agency shall not knowingly employ a person whose duties will include the registration of voters if the person has been convicted of a felony involving theft or fraud. The Secretary of State may bring an action against a voter registration agency to collect a civil penalty of not more than $5,000 for each person who is employed by the voter registration agency in violation of this subsection. Any civil penalty collected pursuant to this subsection must be deposited with the State Treasurer for credit to the State General Fund.
(Added to NRS by 1995, 2256; A 1997, 231, 608; 2011, 2092)

I'm not sure that the individual in the video's actions fail here ... but I sure as hell wouldn't do what she was doing in Nevada.

There is still no connection to the Clinton campaign.

edit on 22-8-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Then why did she flee?

How does "fleeing" prove that she works for the Clinton campaign ... exactly?

Take the quotation hash marks away from your question. She fled.

Okay:

How does fleeing prove that she works for the Clinton campaign, oh purveyor of the specious?
edit on 22-8-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Who is she registering in the parking lot?
What a moron. He would have to show the anti trump material where she was registering voters not in the parking lot. And California is right next to Las Vegas drive time. It could have been a friend's car or she just moved to Nevada.
This video is done by some douche who thinks he's got a clue. He's got bupkis.

Fake registration voter cards have been used illegally in past elections, but go ahead and feign ignorance. If she wasn't doing anything illegal she wouldn't have left in such a hurry.

past voter fraud...

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Check my post on the first page. If I'm reading it correctly, anyone who assists in completing the registration cannot solicit votes including private citizens.

That's my understanding anyway.

I can understand it in terms of field registrars who are appointed by county commissioners but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for individuals/campaigns except that in recent years, state congresses/assemblies with GOP majorities and GOP governors have enacted hundreds of laws in their own massive electioneering campaign.

The reason is pretty simple. Democrats have been successful with "get out the vote" voter drives. Both Republicans and Democrats know that certain groups have higher numbers of unregistered voters and those groups tend to favor the Democrats so it's in the best interest of Democrats to get as many of these voters and in the best interest of Republicans to make that as hard as possible.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
What a moron. He would have to show the anti trump material where she was registering voters not in the parking lot. And California is right next to Las Vegas drive time. It could have been a friend's car or she just moved to Nevada.
This video is done by some douche who thinks he's got a clue. He's got bupkis.

Fake registration voter cards have been used illegally in past elections, but go ahead and feign ignorance. If she wasn't doing anything illegal she wouldn't have left in such a hurry.

past voter fraud...

Do you have information that this individual was conducting false registrations?

Do you have information that this individual submitted false registrations to the Country Elections Board, or, that they were certified by same?

Thank you kindly for any response.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Check my post on the first page. If I'm reading it correctly, anyone who assists in completing the registration cannot solicit votes including private citizens.

That's my understanding anyway.

I can understand it in terms of field registrars who are appointed by county commissioners but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for individuals/campaigns except that in recent years, state congresses/assemblies with GOP majorities and GOP governors have enacted hundreds of laws in their own massive electioneering campaign.

The reason is pretty simple. Democrats have been successful with "get out the vote" voter drives. Both Republicans and Democrats know that certain groups have higher numbers of unregistered voters and those groups tend to favor the Democrats so it's in the best interest of Democrats to get as many of these voters and in the best interest of Republicans to make that as hard as possible.

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion basically, you know me.

Voter registration workers (not County Field Registrars) cannot influence or recommend a party affiliation ... which, asking someone to vote for Clinton specifically does.

However, the law cited in the OP is not the one that affects this lady in the video.

And nothing, thus far, indicates she was working for the Clinton Campaign.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: intrptr

Maybe because she knew she was in the wrong?

What wrong? Its not illegal or register people to vote.

I'm assuming there was more to it than that.

Love to pour over her stack of 'registrations'. See the way she grabbed one back?

According to the OP it is illegal to have a bias as a registrant.

That was just cover in case she got caught. Still not a reason to leave so quickly. She was registering people illegally is my guess.

Remember last election there were people using these faulty registration cards to double vote, in some cases using the same name in several different states? Others were used as absentee ballots. This girl fled to keep that from being discovered, she wasn't even from Nevada.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Do you have information that this individual was conducting false registrations?

Yah, she ran.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join