It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't Seem to Find Any Help With Contacting Someone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I've looked everywhere. I just can't find any contact information! I'm trying to interview the members of the band, Vixen, but so far, the only person I could contact was the drummer. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do. I've contacted this one guy who owns "Neil's Vixen Page", and he said he'd try and contact the singer, to get some contact information for me. He hasn't responded in two weeks. How in the world am I supposed to contact the members?

Since I have contacted one of the members, would it be appropriate to ask that member for contact info, or not?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

Well, if the one person from the band that you've managed to get a hold of hasn't responded, they're not interested in talking to you.

Probably too busy getting loaded or partying, or whatever band members do these days.

Does it surprise you when 'band members' are flakes? Especially if they're probably getting hundreds or thousands of messages weekly from 'fans'?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

management: [email protected]

boookings: Exclusive Booking Agency
Bigg Time Entertainment (BTE)
A Licensed & Bonded Talent Agency / California Talent Agency License # TA-6601-1
818 817-7540 / [email protected]

I look forward to your interview. I remember your last thread.

Hint: Maybe ask Springer for a press credential, or permission to say you have from ATS for this purpose (Springer: "gee, thanls, Reldra." LOL)
edit on 22-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra
"[email protected]" That may work...

For SentientCentenarian:
I have interviewed the drummer. Would it be appropriate to ask her for contact information of the other members or not?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I would love to read the interviews, if you choose to post them here.
No offense intended, but how do you know about Vixen? They were popular when I was young and I saw them open for Scorpions in about 1988. They put on a great show, smoke, fire, lazers and really loud just the way we liked it.
The ladies are on tour now and I'm sure they would be thrilled to be interviewed by a smart young person like you.
Vixen.com for information.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

As a former member of one of Billboards Top 100 Instrumental Groups of all time...I can assure you: we all answer every inquiry.

As long as youre not a psycho stalker...most band members LOVE to hear from fans..and would be happy to speak with you.

Personally? We (I as well) get 10 on average requests to talk, interview etc a month...and thats after 40+ years: theyre still coming. And we sell Internationally year after year.

When you say is it "appropriate" you sound scared. You shouldnt be. We do laundry, have bills, kids, broken cars, lawns needing cutting...we are just like you. Ask.

Ive just done a third interview from a journalist in London...third time in 12 years-no money involved. Im happy...THRILLED someone cares enough.

Go for it. Advice? Get back with the drummer...tell 'em to give the rest of the band your contact info.

You will hear form one of them. Im sure.

MS

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins
I knew Vixen because of my dad. He was playing iTunes radio a few years ago, when I heard "Edge of A Broken Heart". I liked the guitar in it, and some of the effects. At the time, I had no clue who Vixen was. I just remember the album cover. Then, a year later, I was listening to iTunes radio to find some songs to purchase, when I saw the familiar album cover, then the familiar music. Since then, I've been a fan of Vixen.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
That sure boosted my confidence! Heh. Doesn't seem so bad. I'm the shy type who wants to know what's "right and wrong".

I guess I could contact the drummer... I just don't want anything to sound "awkward". You sorta get what I mean?

But other than that, it's an affirmative. I shall contact the drummer.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Listen...Its always better with a contact...and youve done that with the drummer. Now..its much, much, easier and safer for the musicians to have someone get them your #, why you'd like to talk, and let the ball fly in their court.

Let them call/contact you. You'll be surprised, Im sure of it. Just be patient, dont bug, but stress to the drummer its important to you so could they please pass along your info to the others and have them get in touch?

Its less threatening that way...and it usually works. Good luck!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So how am I supposed to write my e-mail?
I thought of this:

"Hi, it's [name]. I do believe I have contacted you before.
I've been wanting to interview the whole band, and if you could, could you please give them my e-mail address and tell them to contact me? I would really, really be very happy if I could get a chance to interview your whole band. Thanks a bunch!

Sincerely, [name]"

What else do I have to add to it?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Oh, and what should the title of the email, or subject, be?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress
Oh, and what should the title of the email, or subject, be?

Use something catchy.

The ones that I get that always grab me start off, 'This is your Uncle Otombotobo from Nigeria, I want to send you $1,000,000!'.

Next thing you know I am downloading attachments and sending personal information, works every time.

edit on 23-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Looks good to me...but I would correct it to " any of the original band members"...and/or any current touring members. You said "The Band"...and many, many groups have replaced members dozens of times just to tour...

Be specific. Example: John Fogerty wrote and sand most of the Credence Clearwater Revival hits. But. 2 guys from that original band tour as Credence Clearwater Revisited...and folks go see them...many not knowing or realizing one guy singing...is copying as best he can...John Fogerty's voice.

Both band and John...sell out shows and tickets for each are the same prices. At any given time...there can be 2-3-4 groups on tour all with just one member from the original group...all claiming to be THE group.

So be specific...ask for the original member by name, or just the current lineup.

Good luck! MS

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Nigerian scammers are so stupid. They expect people to believe that crap... But, let's face it. There's a lot of gullible people out there.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hello, I've contacted you before, well, interviewed you before.

I'm [name], and I really, really would love to interview your whole band. I figured you could help me do this, and if you could, could you please give my e-mail to any of the current Vixen band members and tell them to contact me? I would be honored to interview any of the current Vixen members.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is that good? How can I ask specifically for Janet Gardner?

edit on 23-8-2016 by lazyfortress because: Hurr durr.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Is it proper how I asked it?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I sent it. I hope she can respond...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
When do you think Roxy will respond? I'm anxious to see her reply.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Hey, you did good! it looked and sounded great. Now you play the waiting game. After a couple weeks, send a follow up request to see if yours was forwarded to the person. Its ok to do that!

You did good here! Stay on it!

top topics

join