It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are American and you hate America why don't you just leave?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Arent the British glad they won and were able to sever themselves from having to rule the US
And that is not sarcasm

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I can only speak for myself. What I would say is that I am glad of the fact we no longer have to do with the running of the place, if only because I believe it is improper for governance to be done at a distance. I believe that only by being accessible to the public, can governance of a nation or a people be properly achieved, because only then can they receive instruction from their citizenry without delay or lead time in response terms.

edit on 22-8-2016 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well said.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
We allow that here.

You can just pack your s### and go. I was in jail once for a few months and I hated it and when they told me I could leave guess what? I left.

There was no cry baby sh## about how I didn't have any money or anywhere to go, I just left.

In America you are allowed to just effing leave. Why would anybody stay somewhere they hate? Why would they want to burn flags in the street ?

Just start walking. See how much you like it somewhere else.

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

what a lazy op how about making change in america or is your facism the only way

glad youre not the arbiture of the law

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lortl

And apparently somehow being released from jail equates to leaving the country? I missed that the first go around

You don't change a jail. You at least have a fighting chance of changing the country. But according to OP we should just do the brave thing...walk away!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

They can't. You can't leave America that easily and stay away from it. At least it is not a very easy thing to do. Your statement that it is shows a very high level of ignorance of international travel.

Money is one of the biggest problems. Telling people that they are using that as a "crybaby excuse" does not change the fact that it is a real problem.

Let's look at the physical ways there are to leave:

Air travel. Ship travel. Land Vehicle (cars, trucks, etc). Walking.

Every single one of those modes of travel will cost you money.

Plane travel is extremely expensive. So is traveling on a ship, unless you stowaway and then you're going to have much bigger issues if you get caught while on the ship. Vehicles require money to own, first to buy one if you don't have it, and money to keep it fueled.

Walking. Yes....that's going to cost you money. Unless you live literally within a days walk of any US border, even if you sleep outdoors, abandoned houses, etc, etc, you are still going to need to eat and drink. Water sources can be found, but not all of them are safe to drink. Food? You'll have to know how to hunt and scrounge for food....and then there might be an issue of poaching...or stealing. So you're still going to need funds to keep yourself fed.

Have you tried to leave the US without a proper passport? And by the way: passports cost money.

Let's say you somehow make it to another country. If you did so without a passport, you are now in violation of their laws and are in their country illegally.. When you get caught (and you will be caught because other countries take their immigration laws more seriously that the US does), you'll be deported right back here to the US.

Refugee status? Yah....tell them that when you get caught.......that will certainly make the officials laugh and laugh. An American is a "refugee"???

Asylum. That's your only hope. And it's something that is certainly not granted by other countries easily.

Actual legal immigration to another country: that cost money to do. It certainly does. And the process for it in other countries can be very restrictive compared to here in the US.

I know you've pointed to the Syrian refugees as proof against this. But guess what? As an America....you're not a Syrian Refugee. Duh.

So yes....money IS a big factor in trying to leave the US.

Claiming that it isn't is just a very ignorant thing to think.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join