It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Area 51 Imagery on Terraserver 07/20/2016

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Image dated 07/20/2016

Janet on a ramp, haven't had a chance to look for other things of note.

www.terraserver.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

Nice. It has more buildings now than I remember back when I firs saw it on Keyhole Earth in 2002. I remembered how cool it was that I found area 51. It was like a dream come true.

fullview

Are these access points for going underground??
full

These are the buildings that are new to me, but the last images I think I saw were from '09 so I don't really know. Kind of like those buildings UAV pilots fly out of???

full

This is a great find, thanks bro! I am going to peak around at maximum res for a bit see what else I see.

Looks like another underground access in the yellow circle. I have no idea what all that is that I outlined in blue, but that tower thing in the red looks like maybe sirens or a transmitter maybe?
full

This kinda looks like a small practice firing range to me, but another tunnel access appears, so maybe its not a firing range??
full
edit on 8/21/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
If you look at your buildings in pic 1, you will see shadows to the north of the buildings.

The same shadows appear where you think they go underground. I think they are buildings as well. The shadows are in the same place.

Nice pics.

P

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Notice how they are constructed exactly the same in all of them scattered over the base? There may be more, I am going to do a tally later as I explore the whole base little by little. This leads me to believe they all serve the same function. The lack of designated parking immediately around them the way almost every other building has tells me they are not offices of any kind. Like somewhere that people just go to and from.

I there anything on the web about these particular structures to give us more insight??

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

Nice. It has more buildings now than I remember back when I firs saw it on Keyhole Earth in 2002. I remembered how cool it was that I found area 51. It was like a dream come true.

fullview

full

These are the buildings that are new to me, but the last images I think I saw were from '09 so I don't really know. Kind of like those buildings UAV pilots fly out of???

full

This is a great find, thanks bro! I am going to peak around at maximum res for a bit see what else I see.

Looks like another underground access in the yellow circle. I have no idea what all that is that I outlined in blue, but that tower thing in the red looks like maybe sirens or a transmitter maybe?
full

This kinda looks like a small practice firing range to me, but another tunnel access appears, so maybe its not a firing range??
full

meredith.images.worldnow.com...

Your "underground entrances" are probably sun shields. Not only do they prevent the workers from exposure, but jeepers, things out in the desert sun get really really hot.

Groom Lake doesn't get hot like Las Vegas due to the altitude of the base, but solar exposure is another story. Items exposed to the sun are very hot.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Probably. The one in the fourth picture went up between 2011 and 2014. When you explore the map, it gives you a selection of shots taken over the years. They laid a foundation down before erecting that. Do sunscreens usually have foundations???

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Probably. The one in the fourth picture went up between 2011 and 2014. When you explore the map, it gives you a selection of shots taken over the years. They laid a foundation down before erecting that. Do sunscreens usually have foundations???

Yeah, because what you park under them need foundations, tunnels on the other hand don't, except around edges.

I don't think they are tunnels because where is all the earth taken out?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I would assume they just truck the dirt away to anywhere just outside base. But that would explain it better, especially seeing that a foundation was laid down. They just really huge though. Compare the ones in image two and four to the semi truck trailers nearby. Could easily fit a dozen of those things inside. Why would they need them so large, if they got buildings everywhere and they lead underground??

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
is it me or the runway seems even bigger?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
What if area 51 was a nuclear manufacturing facility? That would explain its secrecy

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Very interesting as always, thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Pretty sure those are Quonset huts with fabric covering. Quick setup, and durable. Why would they be used for going underground rather than any other building on the base? Not that I believe any of the "underground base" legends - I think everything is on the surface.
EDITED TO ADD: if they were closer to the runway, with open ends, they might be scoot-n-hide sheds. To hide stuff when satellites go overhead.

Dorms. They've been there forever.

Gravel crushing equipment. And probably what's required to mix concrete and asphalt.

Weapons storage. You can see similar bunkers at many military bases.
edit on 22-8-2016 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
is it me or the runway seems even bigger?

The main runway looks the same to me. The really long old runway is X'd out, so it is closed. In theory.... so is the one at Base Camp. And we know that one is still in use. Especially when there's aircraft tire marks on TOP of the X's. Plus I have seen aircraft there on my visits.

However if you zoom in on the old runway, it is in pretty bad shape.
edit on 22-8-2016 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Text

There are some fabric covered structures. You can see the "ribs" on Google Earth. But I think the structures in question are more durable. You can get some powerful winds in the desert. Nellis AFB had a number of sun shields destroyed a few years ago by a wind storm.

At approximately 1657 hours the tower noted that a gust front hit the airfield reducing visibility to zero. A wind gust of 56 knots was recorded at 1658 hours on the Nellis AFB airfield. Between 1658 and 1700 hours, the 2,500 foot long, 75 foot wide revetment sunshade collapsed. Without the necessary lateral support from the cables, the strong wind gusts cause the sunshade to collapse suddenly. The collapse was described as occurring in a manner similar to a sheet of ice sliding off of a roof. Other personnel on scene but not underneath the structure could not see the collapse due to severely reduced visibility. Immediately after the sunshade collapsed, maintenance and security personnel searched the site and identified approximately 40 personnel on scene but none were severely injured. Eight personnel were identified as having sustained injuries warranting medical attention. All personnel were subsequently treated and released. Ten F-16 and two A-10 aircraft sustained damage from the collapsed sunshade. In addition, four AIM-120 missiles mounted on the aircraft sustained damage. Twenty-one pieces of aerospace ground equipment and nine government-owned vehicles were also damaged in the collapse. The estimate of damage was $7.4M. No other individuals, aircraft, equipment or facilities were injured or damaged

edit on 22-8-2016 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

All the former base workers say there is nothing underground at Groom. If you think about it, why bother going underground? You can't see into the above ground structures. They could erect a new building and just fill it with ping pong tables and beer kegs, or some high tech secret project. It all looks the same from the outside.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think the black areas by the sides of the taxiways around the new new hangar are for drainage. It looks like a small detention pond directly southwest of the new new hangar. You can see foliage starting to grow on the eastern side of the pond, that is on the slope.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

But what about the legendary museum of yet to be declassified aircraft & demonstrators that only the real VIP's have access to?!?
Surely no one would ever lie about, or fabricate the details of a subterranean museum below the legendary"hangar 18"
Oh, and of course they have the Roswell UFO on display in front of the ticket kiosk. Right next to the ice cream sundae stand.

I'm with you man, Groom is 95% above ground, besides the test planes they destroyed and buried around the base, the only other thing below Dreamland is plumbing and wires.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: HomeyKXTA

To be fair, no ever said that the "museum" was underground. It was just some aircraft and equipment inside a hangar. The single largest artifact may have been Tacit Blue, and it was moved to the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in 1996. From what I have heard, it's possible that some other items may soon be transferred as well. There are efforts underway to declassify more projects.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

When I saw Tacit in June, I was shocked by how much bigger she was in real life than I was expecting. It also was not displayed front and center, and was actually one of the last items we found. Stealthy even after retirement

We also toured hangar 4, which was where tacit and other projects & demonstrators were kept until the museum's new hangar was finished. Currently they have the WWII bombers "the sproose" and "Memphis Belle" as their main restoration projects, but there are other things in the hangars we were allowed access to that blew my mind.
Example: I Never thought I'd see 2 MIG's and an osprey sharing the same hangar.
It was only after I got home and researched the history of those hangars that I realized how lucky we had been to tour them. Heck, even standing in front of them would have been an honor!!
I know me writing about Wright-Patterson is off topic, but after that tour, I got a strong feeling that "Dryden's Dock" may not be the only museum that's VIP only.
edit on 8312016 by HomeyKXTA because: Typo

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Anyone found the aircraft outside of the hanger at Area 6.

Use the Terraserver link below. That takes you to area 6 latest sat capture.

Then select the date for 06-04-2013.

Zoom in almost as far as you can, otherwise all you will see is the Terraserver logo obscuring the hanger entrance.

There is an aircraft parked outside the open hanger doors. I wonder what it is :-)

Zoom in almost as far as you can, otherwise all you will see is the Terraserver logo obscuring the aircraft.

Ar ea 6

Jake

edit on 2-9-2016 by JakeH because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2016 by JakeH because: zoom instructions

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join