It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Ignorant Pitch to Black Voters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

"Actually, much of my post shows that what he says about black people is no different from white people. Check out some of the links in my post. Black youth unemployment is the same as white youth unemployment. Most black Americans don't live in poverty, just as most white Americans don't. "

The Economic Reality tends to Disagree with your assessment of the Present State of African Americans in this Country . To Believe otherwise would be Folly .

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic

At Least Mr. Trump is Willing to give it his Best Shot .

OK, yes, but how, exactly? What is he going to DO to improve the situation? Hell, I could say everything he is saying, and it would not mean a damn thing; I'm not going to be President.

What specifically has Don proposed that will help? Or even might help?

+5 more 
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Trump's economist included students. So unless being a student is considered gainful employment, Trump is spot on.

+3 more 
link   

Really, at this point you gotta wonder, is Trump's campaign really this stupid or are they throwing the election?

Either way, sucks to be a Trump supporter.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The Fair Chance I mentioned would Infer ending Biasness and Racism in any form for All Citizens of this Country . A Heavy Task for any Leader , but Possible if People Embrace it for the Good of All .

Wow that sounds really great & gee I wish I could fart unicorns out of my ass.

Now how is Herr Trump & his melting pot challenged acolytes plan on accomplishing this grand plan.

K~

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Califemme

That, or he's afraid of going into a black community or the only thing he cares about when it comes to black people is their vote.

Actually going to a black community and talking with them about his positions and listening to theirs isn't pandering and Trump has yet to do this. So far, Trump has only pandered to the white population. Funny enough, a brown Trump supporter was recently ejected from his rally.

Ah Trump, what a world of ignorance.
edit on 21-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

At least Donald Trump is addressing black voters from a position of respecting them as intelligent human beings.

"What have you got to lose" while ushering in actual white supremacists into his campaign head quarters doesn't seem like respect to anyone besides people who cannot help but see anyone different than themselves as an icky other.

You guys are the only one ignorant enough to buy the BS he's spewing.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

So are you saying only people from Dimondale attended the rally?

Are you saying there were no blacks there from the surrounding area?

Because, I feel like ANY candidate that visits my town (Flint) also has the right to address the SURROUNDING communities,like Fenton.

I also feel that ANY candidate visiting Fenton, can address SURROUNDING communities,like Flint...

Because, usually people come from SURROUNDING communities to here a candidate speak..

Lansing has plenty of the issues addressed..

+8 more 
link   
a reply to: reldra

I live in the south, I know successful black people like my best friend achieve her success through hard work, sacrifices, education and getting away from her comfort (after living on welfare for years) to pursue her dreams even when the odds were all against her, I also have a Mexican friend that through education, hard work and dare has become a successful business women, so no sitting at home like many do (Is plenty of those in my neck, of the woods) waiting for a welfare check and the opportunity to sue somebody for racial discrimination is all they do in their lives.

So do not lecture me on what I say or not of what goes on around me everyday of my life living in southern GA.

Welfare Hits Record Levels After 50 Years of War on Poverty

www.thenewamerican.com...

Welfare State Grows by Nearly 19% Under Obama – to Almost $1 Trillion a Year

cnsnews.com...

And that last one was back 4 years ago, so right now statistics are hard to find to see how it stands today.

Federal and state governments spent $1.02 trillion on welfare in 2014 — an increase of $274 billion, or 36 percent, since 2003 after adjusting for inflation. At the federal level, the welfare bureaucracy spans numerous agencies and includes more than 80 different means-tested aid programs that provide cash, food, housing, medical care, and social services to poor and low-income Americans. These programs range from public housing and food stamps to direct cash benefits through the earned income tax credit (EITC) and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).

The rapid growth in welfare spending has been driven by two interrelated factors. First, over time, more people above the poverty level have been made eligible for higher benefits. For instance, a forthcoming paper in the journal Demography finds that welfare benefits going to single parents with incomes less than half of the poverty level have decreased by 35 percent over the 1983 to 2004 period, whereas benefits to single parents making almost twice the poverty level have increased by 80 percent.[1]

A second factor driving the growth of welfare spending is the lack of incentives built into the system for states to be good stewards of the federal programs that they administer. About 75 percent of welfare spending is federal, with the remainder contributed by states; however, states administer the programs and therefore have — but do not exercise — the capacity to constrain welfare growth. Instead, states use their discretionary authority to expand welfare while at the same time underinvesting in anti-fraud activities. For instance, a recent report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that Massachusetts had just 37 fraud investigators responsible for guaranteeing that no one among the 888,000 people with SNAP benefits, the 1,273,000 receiving Medicaid, and the 92,000 with TANF cash assistance was abusing the program.[2]

medium.com...

BTW you are the one that made the "Democrat link" comment, no me, I am talking about political lip no political parties

edit on 21-8-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Trump is what ya'll get for sticking us with Emperor Obama for 8 years!

No Trump is what the Republican Party gets for pandering to the most base of their base for the past 3 decades.

K~

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Or retweeting white supremacist propaganda MULTIPLE times and claiming ignorance as a defense when called out on it! Seriously, WHY DO PEOPLE SUPPORT HIM? Unless they're mostly racists too or just plain old ignorant.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Trump's economist included students. So unless being a student is considered gainful employment, Trump is spot on.

Id like to see a source for that please mate.
Like I said it's not the first time they've messed up the numbers.

As a side note, do they include white students when calculating white unemployment?
That seems to be a silly way of crunching the numbers.
Of course you're going to get an inflated percentage if you do that.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Or retweeting white supremacist propaganda MULTIPLE times and claiming ignorance as a defense when called out on it! Seriously, WHY DO PEOPLE SUPPORT HIM? Unless they're mostly racists too or just plain old ignorant.

There are facts and there are politically correct facts. Stating facts without sugar-coating them first does not make one a white supremacist.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I see you are adopting Hillary's language here. Maybe it would be better if Trump carried a bottle of hot sauce around in his jacket pocket and talked in a fake black accent. That seems to work for Hillary.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

According to the source in the OP.

The unemployment rate reflects the number of jobless people who are actively seeking work as a percentage of the available workforce - defined as those who have jobs or trying to find one.

The May unemployment rate for blacks ages 16 to 24 was 18.7 percent. The rate for whites in the same age group was 9.1 percent.

The employment-population ratio is a far broader measure that counts all civilians in its equation - even those who don’t work and aren’t looking for a job. In the 16- to 24-year-old category, it includes high school and college students who are not employed or seeking jobs.

According to the economist:

The Trump campaign takes a different view, detailing its methodology for ABC News. Trump economic adviser David Malpass said they started with BLS information from the full year of 2015 and broke out the numbers for 16- to 24-year-old African-Americans, a group that includes many people the federal government counts as adults.

The Trump campaign's "economic program is intended to improve the labor environment for young Americans, many of whom are getting left out," Malpass said via email, adding that the campaign’s methodology is more inclusive.

Beyond that, they also include not only people whom the Bureau of Labor Statistics classifies as labor force participants – or the employed and unemployed -- but also those not in the labor force, or people who have no job and are not looking for one, such as students. The federal government does not count them, as with retirees.

How Trump reached his 58% number.

So Trump's numbers include "those who don’t work and aren’t looking for a job", or, in other words, unemployed people.

edit on 21-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Too much invested in the idea at this point to back down?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

African Americans today are faced with two major options:
1) Blame an external enemy for all their problems and rely on others for solutions
2) Take responsibility and effect change through hard work and determination

I'm sure you can try justify everything with the slavery/racism cards, but that doesn't tend to fix things. Number two is by far the more logical and reasonable choice.

How do you not understand how patronizing that HR promo piece of a comment is.

Take charge bla bla bla, did you read that off some asinine self help promotional pamphlet?

Seriously dude get a clue.

K~

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

There are facts and then there are PC facts? Sounds like PC facts is something you just made up to continue your endless imaginary war on PC, snowflakes, SJW's, and safe spaces.

Fact is, he re tweeted racist propaganda multiple times. So you agree with Trump that the majority of white people are murdered by black people in the US?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

That would be ignorant. Smart people know when to abandoned ship and his supporters show no signs of it. They're passionately ignorant at best.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Because they can't accept responsibility for their own marginalization. Society is moving on without them and they're pissed because they feel entitled to its' ownership. It's PC cultures fault, not their own bigotry... it's never their fault.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join