It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Doesn't Need My Distractions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Yep, there will be trucks out in various places. You just buy what you can and chuck it in the till. We did it after Katrina, and it happens after other big disasters too.

Out here in flyover where we have things like tornados, you never know when it's your town that will need to have those trucks and church orgs rolling in to help you, so you always buy what you can and chuck it in the till when the time comes. After all, it might be your turn to need that till in the near future.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Louisiana is not a distraction its her job to care, sympathise, comfort and act!

It seems to me that the American people are about to blindly and foolishly elect a rich cold heartless bitch as POTUS. A TRUMPOTUS would be angelic in comparison.

This is the biggest mugging of a nations people's in earths history.

Wake up you people.

If you want change then change starting with a maverick and lesser of evils is better than status quo!! And its a start. Otherwise you will continue to be mugged by TPTB who control those like HC.

Good luck and remember I told you so.
edit on 19-8-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
...and church orgs rolling in to help you, so you always buy what you can and chuck it in the till when the time comes. After all, it might be your turn to need that till in the near future.

Sorely underreported.

My sister and her family have donated at least one week a year, in Alabama and Louisiana, every year since Hurricane Katrina...

....through their church.

My sister is a dentist, her husband and kids help build homes...and they found this path through their *gasp* Christian church.

I may be an atheist and likely never to change...but I am not anti-Christian. It would be nice if the media would give props to all the churches who have never stopped pitching in even when Katrina was no longer a lucrative news story.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

She is quite right. She would be a distraction. The focus would shift from the people who need it most right now to Hillary instead, and that is both counterproductive to the recovery effort and unfair to those folks. They need the spotlight right now...they are the important ones in this situation.

She is being pragmatic and gracious by allowing these people to do what they need to do in order to get through this, without detracting from the focus of their community by showing up.

Funny, isn't it...the people so indignantly accusing her of being cold and indifferent because she chose not to go make a spectacle of herself during the aftermath of a devastating disaster seem to have zero problem with minimizing the very real plight of those people by making a spectacle of her anyway. It should be astonishing to see such rampant hypocrisy...sad that instead, it's not surprising in the least.
edit on 314310America/ChicagoFri, 19 Aug 2016 22:43:02 -050031pm31231America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: damn you autocorrect...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
She is being pragmatic and gracious by allowing these people to do what they need to do in order to get through this, without detracting from the focus of their community by showing up.

Not buying it.

I don't think any hands on deck would stop what they are doing because Hillary showed up there to try to rally others to donate money, offer some thoughts, or encourage others to come lend a hand.

I'm not a democrat. I'm not a republican. I don't support Trump or Hillary. I am just looking at this objectively.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Stallionduck is actually there, he's one of those people.

Make excuses for Hillary all you want. I'll take his word for how he and the others actually there he talks to feel about it over you and the others like you not involved at all.

Honestly the way you all are reacting to what is a good thing that Trump did is seriously pushing me over. If you all could have been magnanimous about this and recognized that Trump did the right thing and that he's provided morale and it's appreciated would have gone a lot further for your candidate, than #ting on a person who actually did something, or arguing with people actually there saying how they feel or should feel like you know better.

People need hope and morale too. It makes a HUGE difference.
edit on 8/19/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/19/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Hillary is full of chit-terlings! As President, she would use that "Distraction" excuse every time there's a Natural or Man-made disaster!

In regards to politics at this moment, through the Louisiana disaster, Hillary is giving us a real-life preview of how she would operate as Commander-in-Chief. Her lack of empathy, caring, along with her self-centered callous mindset is on display for all to see.

I wish I knew how to start a thread about this subject without having it shut down by the Moderators, as it was tonight. Hillary Clinton's avoidance of people in pain and distress is a BIG FREAKIN DEAL, considering how much of it she'll be exposed to as President of the United States. (Heaven forbid)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hillary strongly believes in helping those in trouble. Just look at how she helped our people in Benghazi.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hillary needs to get some new political advisers, photo ops in disaster areas is pure political gold,that`s the kind of thing that wins you votes.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Here we go - this is what I'm taking about folks, the real deal, buried online (7 hours old)...........

Louisiana couple feed 3000 with Barbeque - urge others to 'pay-it-forward'

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: StallionDuck

Funny, isn't it...the people so indignantly accusing her of being cold and indifferent because she chose not to go make a spectacle of herself during the aftermath of a devastating disaster seem to have zero problem with minimizing the very real plight of those people by making a spectacle of her anyway. It should be astonishing to see such rampant hypocrisy...sad that instead, it's not surprising in the least.

Funny isn't it...compassion, concern, empathy for your fellow citizens. Since when is pitching in and helping out making a spectacle? Say what you will, but Trump did far more to help them than probably any of us. What have you done to help them...cast some well wish spells??? Hypocrisy could just as easily apply to you and your view of Trump's help to the people of LA.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: LifeMode
a reply to: reldra

The Governor is a Democrat. What do you want him to say? Obama let us down.

Just because he is a Democrat? The average person can see why this would be a strain on resources and security, I imagine a Governor would.

There are a whole bunch of cops guarding Trump so he can get his picture taken handing out a basket with some socks and stuff?

I actually watched several videos on youtube to see how he handled it. I was hoping it wouldn't turn into a photo op. What I saw was very little press. No crowds of reporters. No cops. Trumps security and SS was all that was protecting him from what I could see. Very little audio, mostly just video. No speeches. He sent an 18 wheeler with supplies. So from what I saw It was not a distraction. People seemed to be grateful he was there. Mary Landrieu former Senator (Democrat) from LA made a statement that she was thankful that he came because it brought attention to what was happening. When the cameras follow Trump, the nation gets to see what the people of the area are suffering through. So make it all about D/R or photo op or distraction or whatever else you want to make it about. The FACT is when Obama was a Senator, he castigated Bush for doing a fly over and not landing in LA after Katrina. But now it's a distraction? This is nothing but partisan BS. At least Mary Landrieu, a Hillary supporter, former Democrat Senator, has enough sense to back away from the partisan BS. HE BROUGHT A TRUCKLOAD OF SUPPLIES! Hillary tweeted that people should donate money. I would think the Clinton Foundation could have sent supplies but NO! Instead Hillary tells the peasants they need to donate.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I cant believe you are angry at someone for asking people to donate. For spreading the word that a disaster is ongoing in LA. But her asking people to help and staying out of the way of people that are helping is a bad thing?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

I cant believe you are angry at someone for asking people to donate. For spreading the word that a disaster is ongoing in LA. But her asking people to help and staying out of the way of people that are helping is a bad thing?

You can't eat money. After 9/11 my sister organized a donation drive for NY through our church. We didn't donate money. We donated goods and supplies. The churches hired trucks and drivers donated time to drive SUPPLIES to NY. If you have an emergency, would you rather a truck with supplies show up at your door or someone with a small check? Stores are destroyed so money does no good. How about Hillary open her wallet instead of asking poor people to donate money? The Clinton Foundation uses 10% of donations to help people. The rest goes to pay "administration fees". So I can go through my pantry and donate goods that I already have on hand or I can open my wallet and know that part of that money is going to go in some CEO's wallet instead of to the people that are really in need.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Yes, you cant eat money but money can be exchanged for goods or services. Perishable food items normally cant be donated but money can be used by charities to buy them in areas that need them. Food donations also can only get you so far, unless you have a fleet of volunteer truckers with trucks you need cash to ship things.

Also Clinton isn't asking people to donate to the Clinton Foundation, but to the Red Cross and Baton Rouge Area Foundation.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Yes, you cant eat money but money can be exchanged for goods or services. Perishable food items normally cant be donated but money can be used by charities to buy them in areas that need them. Food donations also can only get you so far, unless you have a fleet of volunteer truckers with trucks you need cash to ship things.

Also Clinton isn't asking people to donate to the Clinton Foundation, but to the Red Cross and Baton Rouge Area Foundation.

How long will it take them to distribute the monies donated? Even a small community can collect enough to fill a truck in 24 hours and have the truck there in another 24-48 hours. I know because we did it after 9/11. Hillary could go to the Clinton Foundation right now and say "Load up a truck with supplies and send it." The truck could be there in 2 days. Why is it that the poor seem to donate more during emergencies? Because we donate what we have on hand and send it IMMEDIATELY! I'm not talking about just food. Supplies! Diapers for babies, toilet paper, bottled water etc. The RedCross is not distributing the money you donate in less than 24 hours after you open your wallet. They are going to hire people with that money then buy supplies with what's left over. No one from RedCross is going to be walking around tomorrow giving people money that you donated less than 24 hours ago. That money is going to sit there while they collate their feces and figure out how to distribute it. Even if they were handing out money tomorrow, where are the people going to spend it? At the local store that got washed away in the flood?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Groups like the Red Cross take donations all the time so they can be ready to go immediately and so they can restock when needed. Yes, if donate now, your money may not go to LA flood relief today but that shouldn't stop you from donating cash if you can. And nothing is stopping you have having a food drive in your community.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Groups like the Red Cross take donations all the time so they can be ready to go immediately and so they can restock when needed. Yes, if donate now, your money may not go to LA flood relief today but that shouldn't stop you from donating cash if you can. And nothing is stopping you have having a food drive in your community.

Have you seen what the Red Cross did in Haiti? The lack of transparency? Go ask a Haitian about the Red Cross and get back to me. You might be surprised.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Raised $500 Million, built SIX homes

www.miamiherald.com...

Indictments for fraud after Katrina
www.nbcnews.com...

Misleading about where donors money goes
www.propublica.org...

diverting funds from storm victims to fund PR
www.rt.com...

Red Cross Scam
henrymakow.com...

The list goes on and on and on. Google is your friend.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Got it you hate big charity originations and like I said before nothing is stopping people from starting a drive in their communities.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join