It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Doesn't Need My Distractions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Aid has been sent, has been constant. Gov even said that aid was immediate. He also said that due to the resources needed to accommodate the president he would appreciate it if the president would detain any visit until next week.
Hey you only have 41/2months and then you won't have to make these he's so lame type threads any more.
Lucky us...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Your boy Trump showed up today. How did he improve the conditions of anyone? Did he go all Corey Booker and roll up his sleeves and actually do something? Did he release any federal aid? Did this publicity stunt include a fundraiser — if it did, don't worry, you'll get that money eventually! It's on it's way, promise.

Maybe the entire world should stop in for a photo op just to say, "I was there!"

edit on 2016-8-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Trump on the other hand .look at me look at me. I'm more presidential now. Look ma!

I said I was sorry...gee wiz...
edit on 8192016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I was in the La Guard for 20 years. During Katrina and the BP Oil Spill.

Obama visited during the BP Oil Spill in Grande Isle. Twice I believe. I was there for one of them. Didn't seem to be a problem then. Now it's a distraction.

edit on 19-8-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

Obama visited during the BP Oil Spill in Grande Isle. Twice I believe. I was there for one of them. Didn't seem to be a problem then. Now it's a distraction.

The governor seems to think it would be a strain on law enforcement at this time.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The "distraction" is really from Hillary's nap-time...or from Obama's full 18 holes.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The Governor is a Democrat. What do you want him to say? Obama let us down.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Why would Obama and Hillary care? LA is just a bunch of people that "cling to their guns and religion"

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Your boy Trump showed up today. How did he improve the conditions of anyone? Did he go all Corey Booker and roll up his sleeves and actually do something? Did he release any federal aid? Did this publicity stunt include a fundraiser — if it did, don't worry, you'll get that money eventually! It's on it's way, promise.

Maybe the entire world should stop in for a photo op just to say, "I was there!"

If you were one of the families that lost everything in that flood, I think you'd be singing a different tune. If anything it shows those people someone cared enough to actually be there to view it firsthand and not just send a tweet or well wishes from a golf course. It's easy to overlook all that though when your a keyboard warrior posting from your mom's dry basement.
edit on 19-8-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The Governor is a Democrat. What do you want him to say? Obama let us down.

Just because he is a Democrat? The average person can see why this would be a strain on resources and security, I imagine a Governor would.
edit on 19-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

There are a whole bunch of cops guarding Trump so he can get his picture taken handing out a basket with some socks and stuff?
edit on 19-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

An oil spill that was in the water. How many people were put out of their homes by it? How many had their lives turned upside down? This is square mile after square mile of people in need of emergency vehicles and community resources.
Pulling police away from those efforts to direct a motorcade would most assuredly be a distraction from the people in need right now.
Federal help is there. FEMA is there.
No one has turned their backs.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

If you were one of the families that lost everything in that flood, I think you'd be singing a different tune. If anything it shows those people someone cared enough to actually be there to view it firsthand and not just send a tweet or well wishes from a golf course. It's easy to overlook all that though when your a keyboard warrior posting from your mom's dry basement.

Are you saying that your mother's basement is damp?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Correct. Nobody will understand it unless they see it with their own eyes. It looks 100X worse than TV images. I learned that yard way with Katrina. No way to get it unless you get on the ground. It's a nice gesture to people to show empathy and understanding.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Well wishes from a gulf course? I think the federal workers that are down there with their sleeves rolled up would say differently.
Obama realizes this is not the time for grandstanding.
Trump? Hrumph...totally typical.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

But i know Hillary kills people for breakfast. And Obama eats dogs.

Yes Hillary does kill people for breakfast, she is a reptilian, thats what they eat.

Its good to see Trump prove he cares about actual people sometimes. I only say sometimes, because in reality, most of us don't really care about anyone at all outside of our own families. Sometimes we volunteer for stuff, and thats when we care.

Trump did the right thing, showed people he cares. And by doing so, it will encourage others to get on board to assist those in need. Thank you for the rallying cry.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I feel for the folks down there. Wish there was something I could do.

It's devastating.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
I go with, what are the cops doing now. If they are looking for missing people, taking them off that, so they can protect a politician who is going to walk around and say, "sorry for your loss" when they are thinking, "wow, did this area get F'ed up" If the people are more cleaning up and the cops can be spared, then a politician is a good thing

There are thousands of National Guard Soldiers activated. They have plenty of manpower believe me. I did this for 20 years in the La Guard. Much less devastation than Katrina and the BP Oil spill, not even a comparison to Katrina. Katrina looked like Hiroshima. Bush went. Obama went to the Oil Spill. It's not a distraction at all.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Trump didn't consider that. He didn't think about what his going there would do to civic resources.

He heard Obama wasn't down there and he needed to one up him.

It's all about look at me ...
Why do these guys think this is a different trump. There's only one.
The I my me mine Trump.
Always...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: atrollstalker
a reply to: loam

I got a nickel says if there is a flyover, she won't be on the plane.

Because snipers. She's already got the medal for that one and it's spelled

s-t-o-l-e-n -- v-a-l-o-r.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Bush was severely criticized for his very slow response to Katrina. Let's not alter history here.

Obama is not selfish or uncaring and no one believes that of him. . He is doing the best thing for Louisiana right now.
I fail to understand this constant unnecessary criticism. Why is this crowd always screaming at the top of their lungs about everything?
edit on 8192016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join