It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Doesn't Need My Distractions

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

It's ironic that Hillary would say this, because her entire campaign "distracts" people from focusing on the things they need to improve their lives. Donald Trump is trying to keep us focused, but Clinton and her Mainstream Media leeches are making it very difficult. Though he will prevail...as winners usually do.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Dude, if it was your home, your life, your family, a visit would be welcomed. It spreads the word and carries a message to the rest of the country that even us folks down here matter. You don't get in the way, you aren't drawing resources away from inherent needs. When IT hits the fan down here, we help each other. People get real unselfish real quick. Sure, there are always clowns and knuckleheads up to no good, but what always amazes me is the sense of community and togetherness that rises above all that nonsense when bad things happen. One day for a few hours means a lot. It shows the rest of the country and the world that our leaders are just that, leaders. Obama and Hillary can stay in their life Ivory tower for all I care. I think it's too late to save any face. Trump showed up. Sometimes it's that simple.
a reply to: Sillyolme

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here:

thehill.com...

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards (D) said Sunday that Donald Trump has helped draw attention to recovery efforts after the recent devastating floods in his state.

In an interview on CNN's "State of the Union," the governor downplayed critical remarks he made before the Republican presidential nominee visited his state.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Oh, a politician back-peddled.

What a surprise.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Oh, a politician back-peddled.

What a surprise.

He also said he had a good phone call with Gov. Mike Pence that Friday morning and thought he was sincere about wanting to help. That contradicts claims that he was never contacted before the visit.

Hmmm....
(Thank you LesMisanthrope for providing video of interview)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-8-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Yeah probably when he realized he was completely wrong and the people of his state backed Trumps actions damn near 100%.

To not do so would be suicidal to his career in that state. It might still hurt him. Might not have wanted to have tried to protect his buddies and stuck by his people.

Either that or he's not backpedaling at all as his statement to Trump was pretty much about not turning it into nothing but a photo op or media circus.

Which Trump didn't. He kept the media mostly out of it. Used ONLY his private security. Didn't just pose for pictures but brought supplies he helped hand out personally. Wasn't just there for 15 minutes to get a picture and leave. Donated over 100000 dollars to a local charity. Brought positive attention to the community and was overall a swell guy.

Nothing Trump did was against what the Governor requested, in fact it was exactly what he asked for and then some.

So he has literally nothing to complain about and should only have thanks to give. Same as his constituents already give.
edit on 8/21/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Now he is saying that Trump was told he could come as long as it wasn't just for a photo-op which implies that there may not have been a red carpet rolled out. Now, after people chose a side, he wants it to look like he was on that side all along.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I was finally able to get on to your link and you posted the video already. Thanks! (and sorry)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yes, I get it. I'm more interested in why he said he was never contacted before the visit. Obviously, that's not true. He certainly looks like he's back-pedaling.

But he's there to serve the people of LA and it's in his best interest to appear that way.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yeah he hedged his bets a bit. So it's a little from column A and column B.

Either way in the end he was forced to come around and admit that Trump did the right thing.

Which is really all people are asking for.

Admit the good things are good, and stick to admonishing the bad. Because doing anything but makes you not only look like a douche but actually be one.

Which is why when all the Hillary supporters keep attacking Trump on this they are hurting their candidate more than help. By making themselves look like a bunch of douche bags, it makes people want to distance themselves from them. Who wants to be a douche or be associated with such?
edit on 8/21/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
But he's there to serve the people of LA and it's in his best interest to appear that way.

It's in the best interest of the people to lie to them?

If you say so.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

No, I meant to be happy that Trump came. Sorry. (Not feeling so great today)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I stand by my original position.

Also, you should stop with the dig about not admitting things are good before checking the thread history.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It was more a dig at Hillary supporters than you specifically but yes lets. It took you 16 post before you reluctantly acknowledged that Trump did a good thing, and it was attached to a BUT. And even then you said you CAN admit to Trump doing a good thing. But you didn't actually do it.
edit on 8/21/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
I'll just leave this here:

thehill.com...

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards (D) said Sunday that Donald Trump has helped draw attention to recovery efforts after the recent devastating floods in his state.

In an interview on CNN's "State of the Union," the governor downplayed critical remarks he made before the Republican presidential nominee visited his state.

He knows he made an idiot of himself in front of his own state... now he has to back down and admit Trump lead the way. At least he can admit his mistake. Perhaps Trump's voicing of regret for his words in the past is now influencing and leading others to do the same.
edit on 21/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Sounds like you didn't really look.

1st post on this matter (2nd post in the thread):

What's wrong with calling a campaign photo-op a campaign photo-op?

Your reply:

You know what, maybe it is a photo op, but it came with supplies to help people in need.

2nd post:

Yeah, some. It's still an action based on an agenda.

I'd say you are too emotional about the topic. Politicians do that to people.

Also, the whole thing about bringing national attention to the problem well I woke up to this in my local paper in guatemala Newspaper article on the flooding (in Spanish) with pics and video

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
He knows he made an idiot of himself in front of his own state... not he has to back down and admit Trump lead the way.

It's this idolization that makes me go, "WHAT???"

ETA: The flooding started on sunday. People had been pitching in for almost a week by the time he visited. What exactly was he leading?

edit on 21-8-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Your first post there not admitting to what Trump did being a good thing. Still one hundred percent negative. Not sure how that helps you.

Yeah some. Is not exactly and endorsement is it? That's even less than a reluctant admission. But if you want to count that, sure a bit sooner than I said. Sounded more like trying to downplay than an admission to me, but what do I know... oh wait and the second part of that, attached to a but once again.

Try this, say. "What Trump did was a good thing and the right thing to do. It helped a lot of people." Say it with no buts, no, BS. That would be admitting Trump did the right thing and helped people.

What your doing is being backed into corners and trying to get out of it with half-assed acceptance that yeah, some good was done, I guess, but but but.

It's like a bad apology. "Yeah what I did was wrong but..." It's BS and everyone knows it. Is why no one accepts an apology with a but attached. It means you don't actually mean it.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: UKTruth
He knows he made an idiot of himself in front of his own state... not he has to back down and admit Trump lead the way.

It's this idolization that makes me go, "WHAT???"

ETA: The flooding started on sunday. People had been pitching in for almost a week by the time he visited. What exactly was he leading?

Just commenting on what happened. Good for the Governor though... he backed down because he knew he was wrong.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

No hablo espanol mi amigo (hope I got that right.) What does that paper have to do with bringing attention to this me and others like me? The more sources drawing attention to it the better. No one is saying Trump is the only one drawing attention to it, but most certainly helped a lot.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join