It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Doesn't Need My Distractions

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

If more people believed like you, and acted like you, then there'd be no reason for politicians to do anything but mudsling, that's the big deal.

Thankfully most people know a good thing when they see it and how to appreciate it.

So it doesn't truly matter cause your the minority here. But in making sure to keep it that way, fighting the spread of your negative view on what's ultimately positive is important. We don't want it to spread.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Please you make too much of my objective observations.

I'm not even american so I don't care who ends up in the white house ( Oh, I can hear the dismissal of everything I have posted, even over the net) but yes, sticking his nose was only for it to be in the picture. Politics is politics but some people seem to forget that during elections.
edit on 20-8-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Being objective is neither positive or negative. I think being swayed by campaign antics is worse than being cynical.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
the result...
1...the poor will be homeless
2...the middle class will go into debt to re-build
3...the wealthy will gain by selling products and services

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

It's not about being swayed by campaign antics, it's about emphasizing good behavior over bad.

Evidence. He did this positive thing because President and others in the past who did not suffered for it, and those who have done such things gained by it.

Because we expect this positive behavior he did it.

If we stop doing that, then not doing anything to help will go back to the norm.

He did this because WE made doing it important. If we hadn't he'd probably be playing golf with Obama.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

If that is what you want to believe then go ahead.

I don't think it will make a difference in the long run and feel free to try and shut me down. I don't even have a problem with that. That is actually how objective I am about things.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

If you were truly being objective you would posted about both the positive and negatives. Instead your entire focus was on Trump doing it for votes. You focused entirely on the negative, and not one bit on the positive. It took forever for you to admit anything positive about this at all.

That's not objective in the least. It's focusing entirely on one small negative part of the whole thing and treating it like it's all important. That's the complete opposite of objective.
edit on 8/20/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
If you were truly being objective you would posted out both the positive and negatives. Instead your entire focus was on Trump doing it for votes. You focused entirely on the negative, and not one bit on the positive. It took forever for you to admit anything positive about this at all.

Not really. The positive was obvious, the negative was being glossed over.

That's not objective in the least. It's focusing entirely on one small part of the whole thing and treating it like it's all important. That's the complete opposite of objective.

Had to focus on it because it was the topic of the thread.

Being objective means seeing and calling it what it is.

I think the word you are looking for is "balanced". I am not being balanced and I can own up to that.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
does anyone think that Trump would have done this if he wasn't running for president? and if he has, please show the evidence.

Do you think he would have done it if he wasn't a billionaire?

Do you think he would have done it if he died in 1984?

Do you think he would have done it if he was a woperson?

Seriously, do you read your own posts?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Can you say you, "called it what it was" while ignoring the totality of it truly objective. There's more to it than just pandering for votes. It's just pointing out a part of something and trying to lead people to a conclusion you want them to reach by that observation alone. It's called leading people.

Is what happened Just pandering? Why is it a successful strategy for pandering? Is this form of pandering a bad thing? Is encouraging this form of pandering preferable to other forms of pandering or worse? Is having more politicians looking for ways to help people to get positive support good or bad?

Are these things you consider?

Yes he's pandering for votes, but in a positive rather than a negative way.

When you say he's just pandering for votes, it implies a negative where there isn't necessarily one.

Objective means not taking a side and seeing it for what it is. You clearly took a side.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

At this point I don't blame Hillary for not visiting, it's too late she's dug her grave there.
She sat on it too long, her only good play was to immediately show a moment of solidarity with Trump on this issue, and standing with him rather than against him.

Donald Trump will hit her callousness and laziness on these "empathy" issues so hard during the first debate, that Hillary's pantsuit will knot right up!
edit on 8/20/2016 by carewemust because: she's going down slowly

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

does anyone think that Trump would have done this if he wasn't running for president? and if he has, please show the evidence.

Do you have any links of him being this altruistic before running for President?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Can you say you, "called it what it was" while ignoring the totality of it truly objective.

I didn't ignore the totality of it. The other part was right there, no need to mention it and there was no hiding it.

Objective means not taking a side and seeing it for what it is. You clearly took a side.

No, you can take a side and still see something for what it is. People do it all the time when they say they are choosing the lesser of two evils.

Doesn't apply here but I did not take a side. I'm not even sure what the sides would be.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Connector

Do you have any links of him being this altruistic before running for President?

I always scratch my head at people that ask of other people to do their work for them. Yes, there are numerous incidences of Trump doing altruistic things, including some that no one ever heard about until he ran for President. Google is there for a reason. Use it. Stop asking us to do the research for you. No one walks around with links in their freaking head.

But I'll give you a hint, since you're so void of ability to search. One day Trump was stuck on the side of a highway with a flat tire in the limo. Someone noticed and stopped and changed the tire. Trump asked if there was anything he could do for him and the guy said no, and went on his merry way. A week later he got a notice from the bank that his mortgage had been paid off.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nomoredemsorreps

originally posted by: Connector

I always scratch my head at people that ask of other people to do their work for them. Yes, there are numerous incidences of Trump doing altruistic things, including some that no one ever heard about until he ran for President. Google is there for a reason. Use it. Stop asking us to do the research for you. No one walks around with links in their freaking head.

But I'll give you a hint, since you're so void of ability to search. One day Trump was stuck on the side of a highway with a flat tire in the limo. Someone noticed and stopped and changed the tire. Trump asked if there was anything he could do for him and the guy said no, and went on his merry way. A week later he got a notice from the bank that his mortgage had been paid off.

Keep scratchin' ............

So you have no links that date before Trumps bid for President? A real Trump supporter would be here, with data to set the record straight

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

What I want to know is WTF was Obama talking about with his 'don't discriminate' message while returning from a golf outing? It's eye-opening to see his reaction to this disaster. And his obvious indifference to the suffering. Remember when he was running for office in 08 when he told the people of Louisiana and Mississippi that he was ashamed of our gov't for the way Bush reacted to the hurricane?

That ahole (Both Bush and Obama, but we're talking Obama here) told SO MANY LIES when he ran for election that it's downright scary that NOT ONE MAINSTREAM MEDIA outlet has done a news story showing Obama making a promise about something, and then 8 years later, seeing the exact opposite having been accomplished.

He truly epitomizes the idea of a 'Lying Politician'. We've been so disserved by every President we've had in the last 100 years, except for JFK. After researching the TRUE history, I could make the hairs on your head stand on end with the exploits and misdeeds of every single one of our ex-presidents. It's beyond shameful.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Connector
I'm certainly not a Trump supporter but I do know that he (personally, not his foundation) gave St. Jude's Children's hospital a few million a few years ago. His son's foundation also gives big bucks to pediatric children's hospitals and research centers. So, yes, long before he was running for president he was giving to charity causes. He raised a ton of money for Make a Wish Foundation as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
I'm certainly not a Trump supporter but I do know that he (personally, not his foundation) gave St. Jude's Children's hospital a few million a few years ago. His son's foundation also gives big bucks to pediatric children's hospitals and research centers. So, yes, long before he was running for president he was giving to charity causes. He raised a ton of money for Make a Wish Foundation as well.

So you have the links bookmarked? Please post them. So far everything you are saying is anecdotal evidence.

Last time..................

LINKS

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Nope, have no links. Just happen to know people connected to both organizations (St. Jude's and Make a Wish) and remember when he made big donations to both organizations. If you're really interested, Google is your friend.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

It looks like his son is very generous for sure

Memphis Daily News reports the younger Trump donated $1 million to St. Jude last year and has now committed to the whopping $20 million pledge through his Eric Trump Foundation.
Founded in 2006, The Eric Trump Foundation (ETF) is dedicated to raising money for children battling life-threatening diseases at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

To date, ETF has donated and pledged nearly $30 million dollars to St. Jude. By using Trump-owned facilities, full-time volunteers and donated goods and services, The Eric Trump Foundation maintains one of the lowest expense ratios of any foundation in the country.

Donald Trump visits 9/11 museum, donates $100K
Although he would do well to increase his donations, it would be impossible for a man in his industry to match the contribution power of people with ten times his net worth like Bill Gates or warren buffet. Warren is an excellent stock player, and Bill Gates had an effective monopoly on the worlds PC's operating systems for a decade + .

It looks like most of the charity is now done through the Eric Trump foundation.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join