It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Princeton has gone PC crazy removing "man" from all college texts.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

WOW! This entire post is so insensitive and racist. You are obviously very privileged. You cannot speak for the oppressed students at Princeton.

I am really upset right now after reading your hateful words.I am starting to feel my PTSD flaring up. I just want justice, social justice. This was such a magroaggression. This entire experience is going to traumatize me for quite some time.

I can't....even.... I just can't...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sirrurg
Well, you could always both rebel and comply by referring to everyone as 'it'. Can't get anymore gender-neutral than that.

They is both singular and plural, it is only singular.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Custodian is what it generally is from what ive. Seen and heard.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: primespickle

yeh i'd apply for lady lover , or woman pleaser those are roles i'd definitely apply for !

dinner lady is fine also , because if I need a job the title doesnt mean # to me as long as it pays a living wage

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Sirrurg
Well, you could always both rebel and comply by referring to everyone as 'it'. Can't get anymore gender-neutral than that.

They is both singular and plural, it is only singular.

No, it isn't. "They" is only plural. If you do not know the gender, the default is "he" or "one" when applicable; saying something like "one of the kids went to the park, then they played on the swing" would otherwise be pretty unspecific.
edit on 23-8-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join