It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary's Server and the Air Gap Problem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: TheAiIsLying
There's a problem I have with presence of Top Secret and above material on Clinton's server. I'd like to hear from those in the know how information that sensitive gets onto an unsecured email server in someone's closet.

As an opener there's this link.

Air Gap

It takes a very conscious effort to move a classified e-mail or cable from the classified systems over to the unsecured open system and then send it to Hillary Clinton’s personal e-mail account,” said Raymond Fournier, a veteran Diplomatic Security Service special agent. “That’s no less than a two-conscious-step process.” He says it’s clear from some of the classified e-mails made public that someone on Clinton’s staff essentially “cut and pasted” content from classified cables into the messages sent to her. The classified markings are gone, but the content is classified at the highest levels — and so sensitive in nature that “it would have been obvious to Clinton.” Most likely the information was, in turn, e-mailed to her via NIPRNet

And then there's this.

The daily revelations over classified information finding its way onto Hillary Clinton’s personal email server are raising perplexing questions for former government officials who wonder how classified information made its way onto the former secretary of state’s non-classified server — especially since the two systems are not connected. “It is hard to move classified documents into the non-classified system. You couldn’t move a document by mistake,” said Willes Lee, a former operations officer for the U.S. Army in Europe and former operations officer for the Joint Chiefs of Staff. State Department spokesman Alec Gerlach confirmed the two systems don’t connect. “The classified and unclassified system are separate and you cannot email between the two,” Gerlach told Fox News.

So this is the question. How would you transfer the information? I'm assuming these guys are savvy enough to be able to log the usage of a usb stick being stuck into a secure workstation. Are there cameras in those areas to monitor what people are doing? Could you pull off a straight up tradecraft technique of just taking a photo of the monitor?

If this was done it's plain old espionage. Pay a reasonable amount into the Clinton Foundation and the info you want shows up on an unsecured email server. To me this is gobsmacking for someone who may be about to become the President.

Tell us the details of how this works.

If Sec State asked for a hard copy, could she get it? Take hard copy, scan, send.

The SCIF information can't be taken out of the location that it is stored at, IIRC. You can't take a phone or a camera in with you.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
You can't take a phone or a camera in with you.

Not and get it back ever again, anyway.

We have a phone detector, anything radiating in there will set off the alarm.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

There's a problem I have with presence of Top Secret and above material on Clinton's server. I'd like to hear from those in the know how information that sensitive gets onto an unsecured email server in someone's closet.

Air Gap

It takes a very conscious effort to move a classified e-mail or cable from the classified systems over to the unsecured open system and then send it to Hillary Clinton’s personal e-mail account,” said Raymond Fournier, a veteran Diplomatic Security Service special agent. “That’s no less than a two-conscious-step process.” He says it’s clear from some of the classified e-mails made public that someone on Clinton’s staff essentially “cut and pasted” content from classified cables into the messages sent to her. The classified markings are gone, but the content is classified at the highest levels — and so sensitive in nature that “it would have been obvious to Clinton.” Most likely the information was, in turn, e-mailed to her via NIPRNet

And then there's this.

The daily revelations over classified information finding its way onto Hillary Clinton’s personal email server are raising perplexing questions for former government officials who wonder how classified information made its way onto the former secretary of state’s non-classified server — especially since the two systems are not connected. “It is hard to move classified documents into the non-classified system. You couldn’t move a document by mistake,” said Willes Lee, a former operations officer for the U.S. Army in Europe and former operations officer for the Joint Chiefs of Staff. State Department spokesman Alec Gerlach confirmed the two systems don’t connect. “The classified and unclassified system are separate and you cannot email between the two,” Gerlach told Fox News.

So this is the question. How would you transfer the information? I'm assuming these guys are savvy enough to be able to log the usage of a usb stick being stuck into a secure workstation. Are there cameras in those areas to monitor what people are doing? Could you pull off a straight up tradecraft technique of just taking a photo of the monitor?

If this was done it's plain old espionage. Pay a reasonable amount into the Clinton Foundation and the info you want shows up on an unsecured email server. To me this is gobsmacking for someone who may be about to become the President.

If Sec State asked for a hard copy, could she get it? Take hard copy, scan, send.

The SCIF information can't be taken out of the location that it is stored at, IIRC. You can't take a phone or a camera in with you.

You assume that the rules for cabinet level folk are the same as rules for us flunkies. Sec State has to have access outside of the SCIF as she was travelling globally and can't be tied down to a windowless room. Who's to say what happens on her airplane with satellite links?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Air Gap

And then there's this.

You assume that the rules for cabinet level folk are the same as rules for us flunkies. Sec State has to have access outside of the SCIF as she was travelling globally and can't be tied down to a windowless room. Who's to say what happens on her airplane with satellite links?

I am not aware of how it works for cabinet level people.
Sounds reasonable to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Nice info, guys. This opens up a few more questions for me.

Now I'm of the opinion that Hillary is about as tech savvy as my mum, and I'd be very surprised if she was dumb enough to be anywhere nearby when the transfers occurred. Deniability and all that. So who in her little circle has the clearance to even view that kind of stuff? Or was there an insider at the facility?

As for the low tech method, I was thinking more along the lines of disposable cameras with actual film. Those things don't radiate anything.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

What level info can you get a hard copy for? I'd assume the top secret stuff is eyes only.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

a reply to: pteridine

What level info can you get a hard copy for? I'd assume the top secret stuff is eyes only.

Hell, you can get SCI stuff hard copy, there are neat color coded covers that tell you what level it is. You just have to have accounting for every stinking hard copy, with chains of custody etc. The more of it there is, the bigger the pita it becomes.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Bedlam

yeah one of these guys.

everything is so small now it's insane

www.sandisk.com...

I have a 32G one, they are really hard to handle also have a 32G card for my Gopro and practically need tweezers to deal with it!

They can fit 150G's in a fake tooth.

Anyone check her teeth?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join