It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - You guys really need to see this

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d

the fact that it has changed, is somewhat concerning.

Ok, while I think it's silly

So what if it has changed (it hasn't) from one wild carnivore to another wild carnivore
It makes ni difference, a dangerous carnivore is at peace, rest with an animal it would usually hunt
It's irrelevant in context
It makes no difference to the allegory.
It's not like it's swapping a tree trunk for an elephants trunk, it's describing hunter and prey at peace

Translating Hebrew, Greek into English is not an exact science

I mean talk about nothing

Also, Mandela never died till he died, I remember theory's of a black South African uprising on his death, it was even mentioned on this forum
Mandela effect, people who think they know who dont

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

Please explain how can so many people remember, not random things, but the same things incorrectly.

Because people are singularly illogical, and more so in groups. The Mandella effect is a fad that people have glommed onto.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
One things for sure, I'll never remember that video rightly or wrongly, because I didn't watch it.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Because people are singularly illogical, and more so in groups. The Mandella effect is a fad that people have glommed onto.

So you`re saying we should still be living in the dark age? Trying to start a fire with water?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I am watching this video and a book popped into my head C.S Lewis the Lion the witch and the wardrobe ?

No! its the Wolf the wizard ane the tea chest.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So you`re saying we should still be living in the dark age? Trying to start a fire with water?

No. I'm saying the so-called "Mandella effect" is an internet fad. Nothing more.
However, no amount of reason will satisfy someone with an insatiable appetite for the irrational.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ok watched the video, and here is my opinion.

Pure Human Error.

The So called Mandela Effect can not be properly chased or Proven, Assuming time travel is real (well realer then a 1 to 1 ratio in the forward direction only) Then any changes made would depending on which variant of the universe model your going by would cause one of two things...

In the single universe model the time line that had the original information prior to the historical change will be gone, no protection from it, the change would work its way forward with out hesitation obliterating the proof of there was a change to begin with. The original line would no longer exist. End result would be no perceivable provable proof.

Now in the multiple universe explanation, again we have our reality we are in, there would be little to no crossing the branches. So any change that creates a new branch or shifts the focus to that branch again would not be noticeable to those in the present. And as for those in the future by then they know what to look for with time monkies and how to deal with them again no further proof required.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

No. I'm saying the so-called "Mandella effect" is an internet fad. Nothing more.
However, no amount of reason will satisfy someone with an insatiable appetite for the irrational.

A fad would indicate that is new. The term was coined by Fiona Broome in 2005.

Her Mandela effect website suffers many DDOS attacks. The term Mandela Effect was removed form Wikipedia, it redirects to 'confabulation'.

I wonder what nother site undergoes such attacks and has been removed from Wikipedia?

(hint: you are looking at it).
edit on 19-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

why the hell does he have his hood on INSIDE the house

It looks to me like the right side of his face is tatted. Maybe he thinks that might hurt his credibility.

on topic -- I'm listening, but having a really hard time following his logic. I don't think I'm gonna make it through 25 mins but I'm trying...

ugh, I made it though the vid.
Now I have to go look up Isaiah 11:6 in my grandmothers bible.

edit on 8/19/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: more

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

So how long has this effect been happening that people have been looking into this all their lives?

You do understand this is something that started in 2010 by a women named Fiona Broome...

mandelaeffect.com...

And what experts believe the Mandela Effect to be real?

My bad that's right the youtube experts say it.
edit on 19-8-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It was 2010 that she began discussing it on her site and sell shirts for those who really want to show their ridiculousness.

Gotta love free enterprise.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
When will the madness stop? "When The Mandela Effect is PROVEN" So, it will never stop 😭 for the rest of ATS history, there will always be M.E. Posts. Sigh
edit on 19-8-2016 by 191stMIDET because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So he discusses two things, The Lion and the Lamb and the Lord's Prayer.

A one minute google search:

Lord's Prayer (I guess the mandella effect only happens in English and not Latin):
www.catholic.com...

Lion and the Lamb: this is a website from 1997 with a bunch of bible quiz questions...one of which is the common misconception of the Lion and the Lamb. Also, there is a question about the Lord's Prayer. Remember, this is from 1997...well before people started talking about the Mandella Effect.
deniedmyself.com...

For the Lion and the Lamb example, what I really think you have here is the difference between people actually reading the bible and people being taught what the bible says. Kind of like oral history vs written history.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The 'trespasses' came from the Book of Common Prayer (1549) who got it from the Tyndale Bible (1526)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I got that one wrong myself for years. Hell, decades. Kept saying "Luke, I am your father".....because I'm not a big Star Wars fan. I just went with something I heard someone else say. If you actually watch the movie, he never says that.
Like I said.....This sh** is gettin' outta hand.

Do yo mean the ridiculousness of the ME disease? If so, then yes.

I have never ever thought it was LIAYF. The only instances of that quote are in everything BUT Star Wars. The phrase was used in sitcoms, adverts, pop culture, etc. And the only way for it to make sense was to have it re-worded, to add 'Luke - I am your Father' so there is context.

I have said this numerous times, but the ME simpletons refuse to listen.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The Bible does not, nor will it ever, change.

It states in the Bible that the law is unchangeable and God does NOT change, not now, not tomorrow, but this 'Mandela effect' changed it, so it's more powerful than God, right..... Give me a break. I hate this nonsense it's pure bull.

Jesus says "For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished".
It's almost as if Jesus pre-empted you empty headed people all those years ago, no?

The 'Mandela effect' is a CLASSIC example of EVERYTHING wrong with modern thinking. It's not that people can be WRONG is it, no, that can't be it - what if someone gets 'triggered' or worse' OFFENDED'. No, instead, the whole universe has to change to suit THEIR mistake.
This whole thing get my blood boiling. People just can't admit when they're wrong anymore, what hope do some kids have with people like this, honestly it's terrifying! Get a grip of yourselves.

I should clarify actually what I mean by kids are going to be SCARY unteachable if this STUPID idea takes hold:

Johnny "sir 4+4=9"
Sir "No johnny that's not right, it's 8"
Johnny "It was eight three days ago but since the universe has warped around me and it's now presently 9"
Sir "Ugh, what"
Johnny "You're from the alternate timeline"......

Give me a BREAK! ARGHHH
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Lord's Prayer (I guess the mandella effect only happens in English and not Latin):
www.catholic.com...

So you think that an error has been corrected in this case? Because previously it was 'trespass' and now it`s 'debt'

Lion and the Lamb: this is a website from 1997 with a bunch of bible quiz questions...one of which is the common misconception of the Lion and the Lamb. Also, there is a question about the Lord's Prayer. Remember, this is from 1997...well before people started talking about the Mandella Effect.

deniedmyself.com...

For the Lion and the Lamb example, what I really think you have here is the difference between people actually reading the bible and people being taught what the bible says. Kind of like oral history vs written history.

Unfortunately the page is not archived so hard to tell when it was really put up and updated but the code seems old so it probably is from the 90s.

But read it please. (From the link you provided)

Q: Fill in the blanks: "The _____ shall lie down with the _____"
a. ox, zebra
b. lion, lamb
c. cow, bear
d. leopard, goat

A: Although Isaiah 11:6 is usually quoted as, "The lion shall lie down with the lamb," the correct answer is d (leopard, goat)!

"The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them." (Isaiah 11:6)

Now it says.

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Seems to be changing all the time. If these are errors, why make them in the first place?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

It states in the Bible that the law is unchangeable and God does NOT change, not now, not tomorrow, but this 'Mandela effect' changed it, so it's more powerful than God, right..... Give me a break. I hate this nonsense it's pure bull.

You are right the word of God does NOT change. But who wrote the bible and who edited it? Simple logic...so give me a break. I don`t hate you though

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

"Kid" is the proper term for a baby goat. There's no discrepancy here, it's just a translator's flourish.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ever noticed with the Mandela effect it is mostly relatable to the US citizens
I mean South Africans are not concerned with Mandellas death
Australians always knew where Australia and New Zealand really were.
Worldwide Catholics who don't speak English use the word debtors not trespass, yet in the US it's all we have been transformed into a new space void or something

Not the simple answer, we were taught something different or heard something different

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join