It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snacks and junk foods.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I got drunk and ate them out of a can that was in the garbage. It really all depends on the situation.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
i cover stuff in cheese sauces. i figure you could drown a vienna sausage in enough garlicky cheese sauce that I could make do.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
i cover stuff in cheese sauces. i figure you could drown a vienna sausage in enough garlicky cheese sauce that I could make do.

Just take Augustus' advice from above.

Or we could turn this into the gross-out snackdare thread
edit on 19-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Does someone know what cheese McDonalds uses on their McCroissants? It has to be some kind of cheddar I guess, but mild.

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
360°F? That would equate roughly 280°C. butter get´s foamy after a certain temp (that I don´t know) but mixed with oil I can see the benefit. I also use butter for cooking but you have to watch the temperature. Not a problem, I use gas. Love it.
edit on 19-8-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Gross out snack dare?

Easy Cheez! Put that on something.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Soylent Green.

But my favorite snack prepared food is disks of plain white bread in small circles (using a juice glass to make the disks.)
Then a small layer of mayo, then finely diced onions, then a dash of parmesan cheese.

Bake at 350 for 5 minutes.

Done!

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
in my new world, people who eat olives and almonds will be executed without trial.
and uh... alot of americans regarding their view on cheese.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I am not really a junk food type of guy...
All those extra calories are better spent on beer in my humble opinion..

Buy when im looking too satisfy my junk food cravings,nothing seems to hit the spot but the sweet and savory taste of ...

Fiddle Faddle ..it's like cracker jacks ,except you trade in the crappy water color tattoo prize for more peanuts and a higher quality caramel popcorn.

Fiddle fattle, DVD box set of Mama's Family,and a decent pilsner or IPA, makes for a great Sunday afternoon...

~meathead

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

its a Processed Cheese. You can google faux recipes for their menu items. something akin to the generic form of kraft singles.

Im not a big fan of processed cheese....but it does make a nice grilled cheese
edit on 8/19/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

It baffles me that American cheese singles are even legal.

I tip my hat to anyone who can enjoy a slice of processed cheese right out of the plastic film. I've tried. I failed.

For grilled cheese it's got to be medium cheddar.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I like a blend of cheese. but if im only doing one, it'll be colby jack. the best melt you can get from a regular cheese.

Im not a fan of processed cheese, either.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Blueberries are my favorite comfort snack..
You could catch me in a box-trap with blueberries, I'm a sucker for any berry...

Other than that, ever hear of something called biltong? It's one of my countries national favorites, It's like jerky, only 200 times better

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Mango con Chile. I don't know if you can score it up North.
Mango slices coated in sugar and hot chile pepper and dehydrated.
Stuff will get your saliva flowing.
Viva la Mexico.

edit on 21-8-2016 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

Ohhhhh Reese's! I use to keep them in my freezer with the M&Ms buuuut they disappeared so easily lol! I have a huge addiction to these but have had to cut way back on them. I buy the tiny bag of mini's on occasion and that's it now.

I can't think of too many people who don't love Reese's. I think the only one in this house that doesn't is the budget. They are ruinously expensive for what they are! You might catch a bag of them in our house around the big candy holidays, but otherwise the Reeses are few and far in between like most candy.

It's the strangest thing, but when you set a target budget for you groceries, that candy stuff never seems to find room in there with all the other good stuff, especially not when you can hit up Sprout's market and dig into their bulk bins and buy dried fruit and all kinds of nuts and things.

Oh I live on a budget and my food budget is very small but I make the most of it. I buy a lot of stuff when it's buy one get one free. I like my chocolate but I only buy it when it is buy one get one free. I have had two bags of mini Reese's in my freezer for two months. I have 5 at a time as a snack. These bags will last me months! The bags are $3.79 but when they're BOGO I don't mind adding that to my budget. I don't go out or anything so my sweets are my guilty pleasure. There are these insanely good chocolate fruit and nut clusters by Brookstone I believe and they are delicious BUT they are soooo expensive. $5 a bag! I haven't bought them in quite some time. It's rare they are ever on sale but again when they are I buy. Some things I won't give up and chocolate is one!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

Ohhhhh Reese's! I use to keep them in my freezer with the M&Ms buuuut they disappeared so easily lol! I have a huge addiction to these but have had to cut way back on them. I buy the tiny bag of mini's on occasion and that's it now.

I can't think of too many people who don't love Reese's. I think the only one in this house that doesn't is the budget. They are ruinously expensive for what they are! You might catch a bag of them in our house around the big candy holidays, but otherwise the Reeses are few and far in between like most candy.

It's the strangest thing, but when you set a target budget for you groceries, that candy stuff never seems to find room in there with all the other good stuff, especially not when you can hit up Sprout's market and dig into their bulk bins and buy dried fruit and all kinds of nuts and things.

Oh I live on a budget and my food budget is very small but I make the most of it. I buy a lot of stuff when it's buy one get one free. I like my chocolate but I only buy it when it is buy one get one free. I have had two bags of mini Reese's in my freezer for two months. I have 5 at a time as a snack. These bags will last me months! The bags are $3.79 but when they're BOGO I don't mind adding that to my budget. I don't go out or anything so my sweets are my guilty pleasure. There are these insanely good chocolate fruit and nut clusters by Brookstone I believe and they are delicious BUT they are soooo expensive. $5 a bag! I haven't bought them in quite some time. It's rare they are ever on sale but again when they are I buy. Some things I won't give up and chocolate is one!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Viva la Mexico.

You eat tamarindo? Or chile de sandia?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Viva la Mexico.

You eat tamarindo? Or chile de sandia?
yes.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Blueberries are my favorite comfort snack..
You could catch me in a box-trap with blueberries, I'm a sucker for any berry...

I'm with you on that. I went low carb high fat for about six weeks, and the only thing that really made me want to cry was blueberries, which were in season and everywhere. A nearby village had their "blueberry festival" and I wanted to bang my head against a wall.

But I love all kinds of berries, and this last week, as I was horseback riding, there were raspberries and blackberries literally hanging in my face as I rode by, and I lost it.

I couldn't keep up the keto, the muscle fatigue was not going away. I just had my favorite breakfast- oatmeal, cinnamon, and blueberries! I'm happy.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Viva la Mexico.

Sounds great.

I'll have to try it.

I do peaches in balsamic with cracked black pepper.

Apples dried with sweet mustard

Pear and ginger

Bananas and chia seeds

Haven't figured/thought about what to pair the kiwi's with yet.

But I do peel stripes of skin off them and dry that.

That's my snack food plus wasabi peanuts and trail mix type stuff.

Up until last month it was Dryers rocky road and/or a whole blueberry cream cheese bread or homemade bagels with cream cheese and jam.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Good old fashioned handmade caramel popcorn with spiced pecans usually does the trick.

Another personal favorite is to candy pecans with caramelized sugar coating then let harden. Season with orange zest, sea salt and black pepper. It's freakin amazing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join