It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't christians follow the laws of Leviticus and kill homosexuals, adulterers, etc.?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:
(post by enterthestage removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: enterthestage

who are these mysterious propagandists that are pro Torah and anti Paul,

There is a whole webring devoted to it.

Anti Paul people are not propagandists, they are loyal people who realize how bad Paul was and reject Paul based on the evidence in the New Testament.

Anti Paul people are not a problem for me. I don't follow Paul. Neither do I pretend to follow Torah, Talmud, kabbalah, Noahide, Peter, James, or Jesus. Shema? not for me, even when quoting the so called greatest law according to the Jesus of the Gospels.

Propaganda is information produced to illicit a specific response and has nothing to do with being an honest loyal person who just realizes

So follow Peter. Someone asked you to produce the chapters and verses showing the differences between Peter's Gospel and Paul's. Haven't seen your response yet.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

This is what i am talking about.. people that have no clue about the truth..
I was married to a Vicar for thirty years so i think i know what i am talking about..
what are your credentials for the knowledge that you have.. the internet probably.. no experience whatsoever of christ in your life...
Nice one.
by the way, the last thing that i think i am is righteous.. I am a nobody that God uses to help those that need it, be it by healing or whatever he chooses to do..
edit on 25-8-2016 by jon1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jon1

Using the gifts of the Spirit is the evidence of the Holy Spirit at work in a person's life? You said miracles like healing or words of knowledge? That's confusing to me because I thought Jesus said Christians would be known by their fruit, not by their gifts, and in fact, He said that many in that day who He rejects will bring up the fact that they did many miracles in His Name, and He will say that He never knew them and they were practicing lawlessness. That seems to imply that miracles can be wrought by a person by the power of the Name of Jesus and not necessarily because that person has a relationship with Him.

Be careful teaching that we need to be gift inspectors, I think it's more important for a person to display the fruit of the Spirit than it is to perform miracles or gifts of the Spirit. And the fruit of the Spirit is:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,"

So carry on, I just wanted to remind you that Jesus said we would be known by our fruit, not our gifts.

edit on 8 25 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well....I don't like either one of them.. (YHWH or Paul). OR...the Abrahamic religions or Paul. I think the real God, (if there is one...which seems to be up for debate when you take a cold hard look at this world)...has to be "outside" of this world. Like when Jesus said, "My Kingdom is not of this world". That would mean His Father's Kingdom was not of "this world". Which would also mean that YHWH, wasn't His Father. Since, YHWH spent a whole lot of time, building his kingdom on this planet, through Judaism, or the Israelites. So, to me, that would mean that the "God that so loved this world that He sent His only begotten Son" INTO it, to save us from...hmmmm....maybe the imposter? The one who tried to masquerade as the "Most High". The one who wasn't the REAL God?
It's the only thing that makes sense. This world is a freaking mess...and we're all stuck in it.
Religion teaches you to FEAR god (Yahweh teaches you to fear him)....when John said "perfect love casts out fear". So, which is it? Are we supposed to FEAR God? Or is perfect love better?
I don't know. One thing I do know (no matter how many people on here think I'm "confused" or deceived). I understand just by looking at something, whether it comes from a place of "LOVE"....or from a place that causes "FEAR".
It's not rocket science. Hurting things, rejecting them because they are imperfect, putting those "less than" underneath those who are greater, killing off people or animals "just because". Ordering your people to slaughter a whole group of people, because they worshipped the wrong diety. Ummmm....or, how bout, not being able to contain your temper when your "lackeys" don't do what they are told?
Jesus (or whatever His true name was), never referred to His Father as YHWH. Not once...ever.
As a matter of fact, when He was dying on the cross, He called out to Eli. Which means, "my God". Don't you think that in all those 3 1/2 years of teaching His TRUE disciples, He might have just mentioned ONE time, that His Father was YHWH? Huh.
edit on 25-8-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jon1

I was married to a Vicar for thirty years so i think i know what i am talking about..
what are your credentials for the knowledge that you have.. the internet probably.. no experience whatsoever of christ in your life...
Nice one.
by the way, the last thing that i think i am is righteous.. I am a nobody that God uses to help those that need it, be it by healing or whatever he chooses to do..

Being married to a "Vicar" for thirty years gives you more credentials than someone who researches and gets that there is deception going on in the Bible or church itself??
Ok. Can you not possibly conceive that the BOOK that is supposed to be "inerrant" and "infallible" would be the FIRST place a deceiver would set out to wreak havoc in? I mean, all one has to do is stamp it as infallible and inerrant...give folks a big dose of "feel good" in parts of it, and sit back and watch everyone on this planet go at each other.
Don't think so? What the heck do you think is happening on this website and too many others to count??

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: jon1

Using the gifts of the Spirit is the evidence of the Holy Spirit at work in a person's life? You said miracles like healing or words of knowledge? That's confusing to me because I thought Jesus said Christians would be known by their fruit, not by their gifts, and in fact, He said that many in that day who He rejects will bring up the fact that they did many miracles in His Name, and He will say that He never knew them and they were practicing lawlessness. That seems to imply that miracles can be wrought by a person by the power of the Name of Jesus and not necessarily because that person has a relationship with Him.

Be careful teaching that we need to be gift inspectors, I think it's more important for a person to display the fruit of the Spirit than it is to perform miracles or gifts of the Spirit. And the fruit of the Spirit is:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,"

So carry on, I just wanted to remind you that Jesus said we would be known by our fruit, not our gifts.

OH MY GOODNESS....that's just downright hilarious. (the fruits of the spirit that Saul said...)

Saul wouldn't have know "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, and faith"...if it bit him in the arse.
He was obnoxious, misogynistic, an egomaniac, threatened those who he "taught" and then was returning to, blinded a dude, turned someone over to Satan, and couldn't stop talking about himself to save his life". He should have put "humility" in that list...oh wait, he couldn't, since then everyone would see right through him...or maybe not. LOL.

Yea, Jesus said we'd be know by our fruits....what fruits did Saul actually have? (besides tooting his own horn).

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Nice one.

Apparently, John (a true apostle/disciple) said otherwise.

By the way, turning people over to Satan to teach them not to "blaspheme"...is not loving your brother. Nor, is blinding someone. Or, how bout telling women they need to shut up in the congregation...or that it's "shameful" for them to even speak in church? What does your vicar husband say to those things?
Jesus would never do any of the above...never.

John 3:10
By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

What i am saying is that, no amount of research is going to lead you to the truth..
Only by asking Jesus into your life and letting him fill you with the holy spirit will you know the truth.
You are right on one point though.... my little saying is " what better place for the enemy to hide than in the church" and i have seen things that confirm this.
I don't rely on just the bible for my faith but i admire people who do. I was to much of a doubting Thomas for that so the Lord showed me he was real by filling me with the holy spirit when i asked him into my life. You can only experience the ride by going on it. No amount of research will do that..
If everyone did their best to live their lives by what Jesus taught, there would be no war, famine or trouble in this world. It is only man that is the problem, not God..
Put the bible down for a while and ask him into your life to show you that he is real..
You may be surprised..

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

May i just say that reading through this thread it seems that no one knows what they are talking about..

At the end of the day it is between you and God/Jesus, no one else. you can talk all day about the bible but unless you have been filled with the holy spirit you will not be able to understand it..that is the truth..

Let me put it another way, how many of you know of or used the gifts of the holy spirit.. If you have never used them then Jesus is not using you in his kingdom... You have no relationship with him because he would use you if you had.. words of knowledge, healing and the other gifts he gives to us.. he longs for more people to use these gifts but sadly there are very few who have the faith to do so..
So, for all you out there who think that they have the answer just ask yourself, do i really know what i am talking about or do i just have an agenda with no truth to back it up..
Amen..

This is a lie.

My response, that Christans are no longer under the law is correct. And even others such as DiIsraeli said as much.

That you come in and say no one knows what they are talking about, and refuse to acknowledge these truths from Scripture itself, shows you are lacking holy spirit, and are perhaps lead by a very powerful demon.

I was going to keep silent but could not after seeing your outragous lies as great as the OP itself.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: GailNot
I must admit that I did not take jon1's comments personally. I thought that "no one" was addressed at the more anti-religious contributors, including the one who has just been banned.
Paul would agree with jon1 that we need the Holy Spirit.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I must admit that I did not take jon1's comments personally. I thought that "no one" was addressed at the more anti-religious contributors, including the one who has just been banned.
Paul would agree with jon1 that we need the Holy Spirit.

True. We all need the holy spirit, to understand truth. But to encourage someone to put down Scripture to try and find it, that is demonic.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This is what one should do:

(Psalm 1:1-3) . . .Happy is the man who does not walk according to the advice of the wicked And does not stand on the path of sinners And does not sit in the seat of scoffers.  2 But his delight is in the law of Jehovah, And he reads His law in an undertone day and night.  3 He will be like a tree planted by streams of water, A tree that produces fruit in its season, The foliage of which does not wither. And everything he does will succeed.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

My wife is the vicar and i wish that i had answers to your questions.... I have heard that women used to gather at the back of the church and just natter to each other throughout the teachings or whatever was going on.. They were then told to be quiet and not talk.. Now that i can believe.. ha ha
What is obvious though is that God uses women in his church, so that is good enough for me..

I just live my life the best that i can with Jesus as my guide and that is not as easy as you may think. I use the bible as my guide as well and pray about things that confuse me.. the answer is never far away... Don't just read the bible on your own and expect to understand it..
You wouldn't be expected to be given a book on physics at school and told to learn it on your own.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

My wife is the vicar and i wish that i had answers to your questions.... I have heard that women used to gather at the back of the church and just natter to each other throughout the teachings or whatever was going on.. They were then told to be quiet and not talk.. Now that i can believe.. ha ha
What is obvious though is that God uses women in his church, so that is good enough for me..

I just live my life the best that i can with Jesus as my guide and that is not as easy as you may think. I use the bible as my guide as well and pray about things that confuse me.. the answer is never far away... Don't just read the bible on your own and expect to understand it..
You wouldn't be expected to be given a book on physics at school and told to learn it on your own.

Holy Scripture appoint the man as the head of the woman. Just as Jehovah is the head of Jesus.

Women do have a tendency to chit-chat when we meet together. But that is not correct. They should be listening in, not gossiping. There is a reason that Jehovah put the man as a head over the woman. And Jesus as the head over a man.

And there was to be no one above anyone else. To have a title as vicar is against the teachings of Jesus.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Women do have a tendency to chit-chat when we meet together. But that is not correct. They should be listening in, not gossiping. There is a reason that Jehovah put the man as a head over the woman. And Jesus as the head over a man.

I don't seem to recall Jesus ever exulting one sex over the other...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I don't seem to recall Jesus ever exulting one sex over the other...

Neither do I. In fact, in my opinion looking at this world, and my own personal experience, the female is much better than the male in so many things.

But I also know, being a pilot, that a woman isn't apt at certain things men are.

That is the way we are made.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Its basically Strength/Logic Vs Emotion/intellect

two different planets

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Its basically Strength/Logic Vs Emotion/intellect

two different planets

What are you trying to prove poor woman? Don't you see this OP has nothing to do with what you are taking about?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

neither has the last few pages...

just chattin i guess

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join