It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't christians follow the laws of Leviticus and kill homosexuals, adulterers, etc.?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well said.

Approach God, or Christ, depending upon your faith, as a friend. Not as a master to fawned upon.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: xSYLENTJAYx

Why? Who says this, as concerns "homos" as you so boorishly state? Christ didn't, not in any teachings I've ever read, or even heard of...

As for murderers and rapists...They've caused harm on others, so deserve what is coming to them in most, if not all cases.

What crimes are homosexuals guilty of again??

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

breaking OT god's rules...

Jesus spoke about Eunuchs... read that passage carefully

HE had no issue with homosexuals

edit on 22-8-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think the beauty of Christ is that although he is my Lord, my captain, part of the threefold entity that made the universe, and always will be King of my heart, he is also approachable on the level of a friend. Although I hate to presume upon his time, which is taken up with far greater concerns than mine, I never feel unable to ask him for guidance and aid in times of hassle.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Captain eh...

I like that..

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

I really appreciate your praise. It's nice to know there's someone else out there who believes along the same lines as me.

Star for you as well

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Though I don't share your faith, it's taught that he died for our sins, so I think he'd take all the time necessary to listen. Nothing else makes any sense.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: enterthestage

So go build an Ark.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Instead of asking why Christians DON'T kill homosexuals and adulterers, why don't you ask WHY Muslims DO kill homosexuals and "honor kill" adulterers.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: craig732

I noticed you left out the one about stoning a disobedient child.

Or maybe you don't agree with "honor killings" like the rest of the "radical religious conservatives".

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom Did I write the Bible? The question of this thread is why Christians don't follow the laws of Leviticus and kill homosexuals, murderers etc. The question in itself makes wrong assumptions.. it has never been up to a group of individuals to do the killing for capital ctrimes committed. It was always the job of the government to do the executions.. ISIS takes it into their own hands and kill anyone they think is not following their religion, without trial.. is that what I am saying? Why do people think that all of the old testament civil laws were abolished? Those laws were a guideline for society to function properly. There are sins unto death and sins not unto death...Moral laws and civil laws. Where in the new testament does it say the death penalty is now irrelevant? The reason why Jesus said in John Ch.8.. " he who is without sin cast the first stone" , is because they were trying to tempt him to see if he would say YES stone her so they could go and tell the Roman leaders that he told them to do something that was against Roman law at the time .. If he said NO don't stone her then they would have went to the Religious leaders and said.. see he is against Moses. He gave the perfect answer to shut them up.. but he essentially told them to kill her for adultery.. read the story again.. The reason why people today are not executed for crimes is because the governments are not doing what they are supposed to.. Romans Ch.13 is clearly speaking of righteous governments that are supposed to carry out the death penalty..

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: craig732

What happen to the live and let live mentality?

They don't follow the old laws(Least i hope they don't) because they are arcane and from a bygone era where we simple kill or ostracize anything we do not understand.

Sharia law following nations still hold to such absurdity and routinely kill people of the homosexual persuasion. And apparently Russia is still somewhat behind the times regarding the acceptance of gays.

I say people are people, no matter there sexuality, as long as they do not hurt anyone, should be able to do as they please.
edit on 22-8-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Homos are bad. It's in the Bible.

Right... There's not much left to be said that hasn't been said on the topic in this thread.

So I'll just leave this here. For those "Christians". Those that love to pick the verses from the Bible to suit their prejudices and ignore the rest... Especially those that fight for "sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman"... Do they even know what those same ancient text say about marriage and what is or isn't allowed?

Click here for large image.

If you can't make out the text on the picture, I'll recap:
Marriage variations that are fine according to the old testament:
A man and a woman. Fine.
A man and a woman and concubines. Fine.
A man and a woman and her slaves. Perfectly fine.
A man and a woman and a woman (and basically any amount of women). No problem whatsoever.
A man and his brother's widow. It's a must!
A man and a virgin woman he raped. Yep. They must get married. How romantic.
A man (soldier) and any female virgin prisoner of war. Absolutely fine.
Male slave and a female slave. The owner of the slave gets to decide who his slaves sleep with.
A woman and a woman. Who knows. Apparently God don't care enough about that to mention them.
A man and a man. Absolutely not. It's an abomination. Death to them!

Looks like it rocked to be a man back in the day... They had it gooooood. That is, a straight, slave owning man. Otherwise you were screwed. Literally and figuratively.

edit on 22/8/2016 by Gemwolf because: Larger pic

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The reason why people today are not executed for crimes is because the governments are not doing what they are supposed to.. Romans Ch.13 is clearly speaking of righteous governments that are supposed to carry out the death penalty..
a reply to: xSYLENTJAYx

Um, ok. How bout telling me ONE example of a "righteous" government.

Why does Paul contend the rulers of this world are God's agents in Romans 13:1-6 when Jesus says they are under the dominion of Satan?

Satan's Control Over World's Rulers

The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the LORD and against his Anointed One (Messiah). (Ps. 2:2.)

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (Matt. 4:8.)

Jesus refers to Satan as the "ruler/prince of this world" three times (John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11)

31Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. (John 12:31.)

30Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. (John 14:30.)

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. (John 16:11.)

Jesus says His kingdom is not of this world:

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. (John 18:36.)

Similarly Apostle John writes: "whole world lieth in the evil one." (1 John 5:19.)

Paul Teaches World's Rulers Are Ordained of 'God'

1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. (Romans 13:1-6, NIV)

Conclusion

This is further evidence that Paul did not meet the true Jesus on the road to Damascus, as we claim based upon comparing Jesus' warning in Matthew 24:4-5, 24-27 and Paul's vision in Acts 9:5-9. This is because Satan would send a message through the pseudo-Jesus that says the world rulers are God's agents when Satan actually has dominion over them.

Paul also contradicts Hosea 8:4 (700s BC): "They set up kings without my consent; they choose princes without my approval." (NIV) Paul also contradicts Peter and John who when the first time they were told not to preach, they responded in Acts 4:19: “But Peter and John replied, “Which is right in God’s eyes: to listen to you, or to him? You be the judges!” The same happened again in Acts 5:29, and they responded similarly for "Peter and the other apostles replied: ‘We must obey God rather than human beings!'” Paul contradicts the sound example of Daniel who refused to stop worshipping Yahweh: “Then they answered and spoke before the king, ‘Daniel, who is one of the exiles from Judah, pays no attention to you, O king, or to the injunction which you signed, but keeps making his petition three times a day.” (Daniel 6:13.) Also, Moses' life depended upon such disobedience. In Exodus 1:17, we similarly read: “But the midwives feared God, and did not do as the king of Egypt had commanded them, but let the boys live.”

Cf. Thomas Aquinas recognized a Christian had no duty to obey unjust laws, implicitly recognizing the world's rulers are not God's agents. (Summa Theolgia (Copleston) Question 96, Art. 6; see Feldman at 307 fn. 125.)

The above is from "Jesus' Words Only" website. I'm having trouble posting a link, but that's where it's from.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
Homos are bad. It's in the Bible.

Right... There's not much left to be said that hasn't been said on the topic in this thread.

So I'll just leave this here. For those "Christians". Those that love to pick the verses from the Bible to suit their prejudices and ignore the rest... Especially those that fight for "sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman"... Do they even know what those same ancient text say about marriage and what is or isn't allowed?

Click here for large image.

If you can't make out the text on the picture, I'll recap:
Marriage variations that are fine according to the old testament:
A man and a woman. Fine.
A man and a several woman and concubines. Fine.
A man and a woman and her slaves. Perfectly fine.
A man and a woman and a woman (and basically any amount of women). No problem whatsoever.
A man and his brother's widow. It's a must!
A man and a virgin woman he raped. Yep. They must get married. How romantic.
A man (soldier) and any female virgin prisoner of war. Absolutely fine.
Male slave and a female slave. The owner of the slave gets to decide who his slaves sleep with.
A woman and a woman. Who knows. Apparently God don't care enough about that to mention them.
A man and a man. Absolutely not. It's an abomination. Death to them!

Looks like it rocked to be a man back in the day... They had it gooooood. That is, a straight, slave-owing man. Otherwise you were screwed. Literally and figuratively.

Yea...you were definitely screwed, if you were female. Saul/Paul kept that going, too.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

He did not!

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You can either choose to believe the Bible or not, if you don't believe all of it then why believe any? How do you know it wasn't all corrupted even Jesus words? I never said there was a righteous government on earth, of course it's all ran by Satan, He tempted Jesus in the wilderness and said he would give it all to him if he just worshipped him.. it was a real temptation therefore all the world Is controlled by him.. I am just giving the Biblical answer to the question that was asked for this thread.. if you choose not to believe the Bible then thats your choice.. Romans 13 is giving a guideline for governments to follow, that's all.. why was the death penalty ever instituted in the first place? It was to keep peace on earth, why have any law and order if everything is spiritual? Just the fact that you are quoting from the NIV(non inspired version) shows that you know very little about this topic.. try reading the KJV if you really want to understand what's going on.. the NIV was changed at least 15% from the KJV in order for the translators to get the copyright$.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

He did not!

Yes, he did. What? So, he had a couple of female disciples that fawned over him? Do you think women should not speak in church, because it's SHAMEFUL. Or should they ask their husbands at home? What if the wife knows waaay more than the husband about God or spiritual matters? Should they continue to "shut up"? Because Paul says they should?
Oh wait, most apologetic teachers will say that what Paul wrote was only for the women of that "congregation" at that time. Or, better yet, it was a "cultural thing at the time".
Seriously, how many poodle hoops do Christians try to jump through to make what Saul/Paul said legit??
You know why? Because he taught 'Grace alone" and Jesus never, ever, ever, did. But, you can't get past Saul's words to actually hear the Savior you profess.
Do you know how many women throughout history have been treated "subservient" because of Saul's letters?

You know Chester....try rebutting what I've pointed out. Just try to. I honestly want to see your explanation besides, "rightly dividing the WORD OF TRUTH". Since, I don't find any truth in Paul. Oh, he said some pretty things and wrapped them up in a pretty spiritual bow. Your only response is "NO, he did not!" ??
Back it up then. Tell me how his teachings and Jesus' match.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xSYLENTJAYx

You can either choose to believe the Bible or not, if you don't believe all of it then why believe any? How do you know it wasn't all corrupted even Jesus words? I never said there was a righteous government on earth, of course it's all ran by Satan, He tempted Jesus in the wilderness and said he would give it all to him if he just worshipped him.. it was a real temptation therefore all the world Is controlled by him.. I am just giving the Biblical answer to the question that was asked for this thread.. if you choose not to believe the Bible then thats your choice.. Romans 13 is giving a guideline for governments to follow, that's all.. why was the death penalty ever instituted in the first place? It was to keep peace on earth, why have any law and order if everything is spiritual? Just the fact that you are quoting from the NIV(non inspired version) shows that you know very little about this topic.. try reading the KJV if you really want to understand what's going on.. the NIV was changed at least 15% from the KJV in order for the translators to get the copyright$.

Oky doke...

Romans 13 King James Version (KJV). 13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
Oh, and by the way...Romans 13 wasn't given to the governments of the world for THEM to follow...it was given to all those who listen to Paul's ca-ca and believe they should do as he said.
Here we have the "higher powers"...which SAUL said we are to be subject to. While Jesus HIMSELF said, that ALL the Kingdoms of this world belong to Satan (in my opinion that would be Yahweh. Yaldoboath, Salas, whathaveyou). I lean towards the gnostic explanation for why this world is so screwed up. But, that's neither here nor there.
The POINT I was making was this....Saul,(ie, Paul) was a liar and was filled with the same spirit that the "god of this world" is of.
Do you see ANY governments on this whole planet that are good? Any? Do you see any that aren't corrupt? Then how can you possibly think that GOD HIMSELF would ordain corrupt governments, and expect us to bow to them...and if we don't then we are facing damnation??!
Are you for real?
Most of the people who come to this website are "out of the box thinkers" and have realized that all is not as it seems.
We are "awake"....well, some of us anyway.
Do you honestly think that the Bible can't be corrupted, as well?
Do you need a book to tell you how to act correctly?
edit on 22-8-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: GailNot
a reply to: milano

You do realize, have an understanding, that you and everyone else who hates God, are living on borrowed time. All of you.
You still breath and have life because he loves you, even if you hate him.

You have no idea do you? You have no idea.

Well he hates us too. Why else would he send a flood to wipe out all of humanity knowing those souls could not be saved would go to hell?

I feel sad that you worship your god out of fear of what will happen to you if you don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join