It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect: Real or Ridiculous?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux
You're probably right.

I'll see how long it's ignored first, then we can start discussing the alien zombie reprogramming.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Did anyone ever talk about this before Fiona Broome created the meme?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Real.

The zapruder film is different. I only remember 4 seats, the glass partition was not there, I don't recall the bouquet flying up in the air, Jackie was never discussed as a suspect and her movements look off.

Its "Stein"

For silence of the lambs the dude now says "it rubs the lotion on its skin" rather than puts....

Braggs apple cider vinegar, which we always have a bottle of has turned to "Bragg"...no S. The company did not just change there name either as I have looked back and checked older bottles.

Chucky cheese's is supposed to be just chucky cheese.

Jc Penny is now jc Penney

"life is like a box of chocolates"

"mirror mirror....."

"LIAYF"

No silver leg...

Biblical changes...

The scarecrow is holding a revolver?

Those are just a few off the top of my head. Some of which I believe I could have easily remembered wrong, while others I just can't accept and they feel very eerie.

The anti ME cult does a good job of deterring me from digging deeper, but then a new effect is noticed and my interest is renewed.

Just last night I introduced my brother and sister in law to the ME and blew their minds. I felt kind of bad because I sort of shattered their worlds.

In my experience 9 out of every 10 people I talk to about this are by default, for having the same memories, part of the "ME cult"...

I don't think we are shifting timelines or any other shift (that's a AM joke right there)

I think this same reality that we have always been in is somehow being edited. It has to be something to do with quantum computing as well as CERN.
edit on 19-8-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK
OK, I've already covered 5 of those but let's look at some of your others.

Bragg apple cider vinegar, That's just weird to call it that. It's named after Bragg and even they refer to it as Bragg's Apple cider on their website. It makes more sense to remember it as Bragg's so in this case you remembered the easier and incorrect option.

Chuck E Cheese's, this is kinda weird how they named it. However you remembered the easier and incorrect option.

Biblical changes, I discussed one of these in another thread. Lion and the Lamb? How many shepherds are concerned with lion attacks? We recognise the eternal struggle of the Sheep and the Wolf but not the lamb and the wolf. It gets confusing so we just put in what fits best which for the majority is a lion. Once again remembering the easier and incorrect option.

JC Penney, you dropped the irrelevant E and remembered it the easier and incorrect way.

Scarecrow with a gun, I didn't realise that either. Been a long time since I've seen it and he never uses it apparently so we both remembered the easier and incorrect way.

Magic Mirror, the original story I think is Mirror Mirror but regardless this is another example of remembering the easier and incorrect way.

Has anyone been able to find the pattern yet?

Silence of the lambs, that's a weird phrase either way. I remember it as rubs

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Cool, thanks for the reply.

I can accept most of that and just let them go.

I am 99% sure it was Bragg's ACV though, and they all changed to Bragg.

Its not worth getting into, but I still believe ME is something more interesting then bad memory.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Its not worth getting into, but I still believe ME is something more interesting then bad memory.

It is so much more interesting than "bad" memory, it comes down to the very nature of how we think.

I'm not sure how gaining a better understanding of how our minds work is not worth getting into.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Real.

And here is proof: Donald Trump = John Titor +probably causing Mandela Effect +has Tesla secrets.

Joking aside, C3PO did always have a lower silver leg. Scarecrow is holding the Tin Man's revolver from a cut scene in the movie (plus the whole "packing heat" made them all twitchy at the Studio. Same happened in ET when it was re-released). I remember it as Berenstein as does my friend--it is now 'stain' and there is not much to do about it. It was Pete Townsend but now it is not there is an 'h' and again, not much more to say about it.

It would be nice if thee were time travelling super heroes saving the world but then I would forget all about it because of my bad memory.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
You're probably right.

I'll see how long it's ignored first, then we can start discussing the alien zombie reprogramming.

Oh. I don't remember posting that. The last few hours are a blank. Feel like a computer that was rebooted after a hard drive swap...... go time line jumpers!

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I specifically did not cite examples such as Sex in the City and and Looney Toons because I know how easy those things are to mess up and I wouldn't trust my memory to get them right, I am completely aware of how fallible human memory can be. The key thing you guys cannot seem to understand is that there are some things I'm certain about, things that are engraved in my mind and immediately stand out as wrong when I see them differently. It's like if all pictures of Einstein suddenly showed he had a shaved head. I've seen Star Wars fanatics who have watched the film countless times raging because they know it was different. Nerds worship these films and they know each scene word for word, for such people to claim it has changed is very strange. Then you have people have have studied the JFK assassination for years, closely scrutinizing every piece of footage frame by frame, claiming they never saw 6 people in the car. This isn't something these type of people could easily miss. For me it's the location of the solar system, it isn't something I've remembered incorrectly ok, I know where the damn solar system has always been located in the galaxy. Also the line from Snow White, while I'm less certain about that, I still have a very strong imprint of the Mirror Mirror version and hearing anything else sounds very wrong to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

You do understand maps of the milky are updated as new mapping techniques are used which increase our knowledge of the structure of the milky way?

www.businessinsider.com...

"The new ATLASGAL map is about 140 degrees long and three degrees wide, which is about four times bigger than previous maps created by the Atacama Pathfinder EXperiment telescope (APEX) telescope."

mwmw.gsfc.nasa.gov...
www.nasa.gov...

" Thus, it does seem conceivable, what with our inability to see a lot of the Milky Way galaxy due to trying to look at it from an embedded position, that one day we’ll find the whole thing is actually not what we think it is at all, but something much more complex."

The means to see the true structure has changed with the definition of what should be included as part of that structure over time resulting in expanding maps of the milk way galaxy.

I guess some are not shocked that human memory and science are fluid. Both change as new experiences and knowledge is gained. New memories, the environment, aging impact how humans reconstruct their old memories.
edit on 20-8-2016 by neutronflux because: Added last paragraph.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It's ridiculously real... Let me explain what I mean by that.

I personally, am struggling to see that this effect is taking place. I keep asking too many questions to myself every time I think I find some answers. I am a very on the fence kind of person and will always give everything a go. What I won't do though is belittle, ridicule and try to embarrass those who do believe in something.

I think it's time ATS took a long hard look at itself regarding this. So people believe in the Mandela Effect... Get over it. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. You're entitled to your opinion and the right to debate, but if your incarnation of those things means being horrible and trying to belittle someone's beliefs, then I think you need to look in the mirror mate. The keyboard warriors on this website are begging for new Mandela Effect posts every day so they can use their big words to make OP's feel small. At least that's how it feels.

Grow up. Those who believe in it have the right to be able to come on this website and exchange views and experiences without having to get involved with some crappy child who want to p*** all over someone for kicks.

If you feel like you are a better person because you've been here longer, or you know a couple of facts or you have my S&F then that person posting... You're no better than TPTB that ironically, we all moan about on here.

I've had my say. My 2 pennies. I'm out of ME from here on in. Those who believe, good luck going forward, I hope you find what it is your looking for.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

You do understand maps of the milky are updated as new mapping techniques are used which increase our knowledge of the structure of the milky way?

www.businessinsider.com...

"The new ATLASGAL map is about 140 degrees long and three degrees wide, which is about four times bigger than previous maps created by the Atacama Pathfinder EXperiment telescope (APEX) telescope."

mwmw.gsfc.nasa.gov...
www.nasa.gov...

" Thus, it does seem conceivable, what with our inability to see a lot of the Milky Way galaxy due to trying to look at it from an embedded position, that one day we’ll find the whole thing is actually not what we think it is at all, but something much more complex."

The means to see the true structure has changed with the definition of what should be included as part of that structure over time resulting in expanding maps of the milk way galaxy.

I guess some are not shocked that human memory and science are fluid. Both change as new experiences and knowledge is gained. New memories, the environment, aging impact how humans reconstruct their old memories.

This would be a valid explanation if there were examples of astrophysicists and cosmologists saying we're in the Sagittarius arm (and diagrams pointing this out) so as to explain how laypeople and fiction authors could have be mistaken idea that we are not on the Orion spur. I'd like to see these inaccurate diagrams that existed (and must still exist) before science increased its knowledge about our place in the galaxy.
edit on 20-8-2016 by Orborus because: spelling

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yes, its Pete Townshend.....always has been.
When this ME rot first appeared a year or so ago on ATS, someone mention Pete "Townsend" and how it had changed.
Intrigued, I search up my old scratched and worn cassette of "The Who's greatest Hits" that I personally bought in 1983.
Sure enough, clearly written, in 1983, on my original 1983 cassette tape cover, is clearly written as a composer.......
Pete TOWNSHEND !!!!!

So that One little factoid, proves this whole misguided belief in some fantasy time shift or alternate Universe is but what most rational people know it as......false/bad/Pop Culture implanted incorrect Memories....nothing else.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Orborus

Just gave you proof the milky way is four times larger than previously thought. That being in the milky way makes it hard to figure stars exact placement. Understand the structure, size, placement of stars with in the milky is fluid and changes with scientific advancement through new and more accurate instruments.

But no, the model of the milky way and accuracy of the placement of the earth is static. ME has to be real, and there is no way better science and instruments would more accurately relocate the perception of the earth to a more accurate modelling.

Mmmm your confused because you jump time lines or current models through advancements in science more accurately position the earth in our changing understanding of the milky way. Has nothing to with the fluid nature of our understanding of the universe?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yes, its Pete Townshend.....always has been.
When this ME rot first appeared a year or so ago on ATS, someone mention Pete "Townsend" and how it had changed.
Intrigued, I search up my old scratched and worn cassette of "The Who's greatest Hits" that I personally bought in 1983.
Sure enough, clearly written, in 1983, on my original 1983 cassette tape cover, is clearly written as a composer.......
Pete TOWNSHEND !!!!!

So that One little factoid, proves this whole misguided belief in some fantasy time shift or alternate Universe is but what most rational people know it as......false/bad/Pop Culture implanted incorrect Memories....nothing else.

The only thing this proves is that you don't get what the ME is about. Off course history shows the "correct' spelling.

If people actually shifted from one timeline to this one then naturally it was always like this here.

It is amusing to see the very same dumb argument being used over and over.

Derp.
edit on 20-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Great post OP!

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
From www.universetoday.com...

"In truth, all the pictures that depict our galaxy are either artist’s renditions or pictures of other spiral galaxies, and not the result of direct observation of the whole. Until recently, it was very difficult for scientists to gauge what the Milky Way really looks like, mainly because we’re inside it. "

From www.space.com... 2014.

"We are fairly confident that the Milky Way is a spiral galaxy, but we don't know much in detail. At the most basic level, we'd like to be able to make a map that would show in detail what it looks like," said Mark Reid of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, who led the new study. "

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
what annoys me most about this 'mandela effect', is that nobody mentions the socio political impact following his death, apartheid would have no figurehead opponent, governments supported apartheid around the world, reagan and thatcher being the biggest proponents supporting 'mandela is a terrorist', no early eighties free nelson mandela concerts or song, south africa would still not be allowed to participate in sports so, who held the world cup, which famous sports stars received bans for rebel tours to south africa?
these are always ignored, just a vague memory mandela died.
it appears they should get together and put a little more meat to this story.
also, why no uproar a few years back when mandela opened the football world cup in 2010, when invictus came out in 2009 where morgan freeman was up for an oscar for playing mandela, in their supposed timeline he died years prior.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

That is brilliant

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

cheers, i wanted to get it off my chest for a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join