It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I regret my words"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I was wrong; now the whole Hillary cult members are here!

Triggered

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
So Trump supporters seem to think this will be enough to make up for all the stupid # he said? Sorry guys, but this doesn't cut it. Words are empty. Especially coming from Trump. He needs to prove he is sincere with his actions, and I don't think that is possible for Trump. I give him a week before he goes right back to saying stupid # again.

Gotta make him potus to see if he's sincere.

You do want to know if he will actually do stuff, right?

So all you guys that say he's full of it, vote to get him in and we shall see what he does.

Talk is cheap as some say.

Don't be a chump, vote for the Trump!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Maybe you should each make a new thread apologising.

Follow the leader.

"Triggered" is this the new buzzword for taking attention away from Trump stupidity?

The reason you are seeing lots of anti-Trump posts in here is because this news is hilariously damaging to both Trumps campaign and his supporters pride.

This thread is a great read.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So Trump apologizes, and all the Hillary supporters attack the Trump supporters as a result.

Yes, words came out of Trumps mouth hole.

Trump's regret is about speaking his mind, being himself live on TV, but it's too late as everyone saw his character.

You can't put that ugliness back in the box.

It's like some bizarro OZ. The big floating head surrounded by smoke and flame points to the curtain, as we zoom in the curtain is slowly opened, only to reveal a big floating head surrounded by smoke and flame . There is no man here...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Triggered

I don't support Hillary, but I am more than able to see what just happened here without being "triggered". (side note: That has become the new propaganda term used way too much)

Trump supporters and defenders spent a lot of time justifying his loose lips and Trump threw all of them under the bus when he apologized. He's made them out to look like fools.

They are the ones that should be pissed, but it appears the cognitive dissonance just keeps rolling on.
edit on 19-8-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

I hope you support no politician.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Trumphas changed from saying his own words to reading someone else's words. Skilled political words. His speeches will continue to sound more as if he is reading directly from Breitbart, with establishment platform "concerns" thrown in for good measure, and more political words and phrases skillfully placed.

Mod Note: It is against the Terms and Conditions to edit a political candidate's name.

edit on 8/19/2016 by eriktheawful because: edited candidate name change.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

[SNIP]

Now that is funny!

edit on 8/19/2016 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

triggered?

more like laughing our asses off AGAIN.

trumps chumps LOVE the new pc version - it's hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yessiree...

Nothing like a good ol' fashioned heap of lip-service-feigning-humbleness to dazzle the masses and yank on some heart strings.

Well played, Trumpy boy (read: new campaign manager).

Well played.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: Sublimecraft

Good on Trump to admit his follies. I just hope that it was a truly human moment in which Trump recognized that his approach was not presidential, and he was not forced by his campaign/GOP to apologize.

Seems to me he was probably persuaded by his new campaign manager - she seems pretty clued in. Trump needs the lower income voters. If he gets enough of them, he wins.

Trump does not need to swoon low income voters. He needs to attract young adults and the more educated.

Much of Trump's support comes from older folks, the less educated and the lower income bracket within the GOP.

If Trump even gets level with Clinton in the low income segment, he wins the election in a landslide.
That group is not unrelated to young and educated.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Triggered

I don't support Hillary, but I am more than able to see what just happened here without being "triggered". (side note: That has become the new propaganda term used way too much)

Trump supporters and defenders spent a lot of time justifying his loose lips and Trump threw all of them under the bus when he apologized. He's made them out to look like fools.

They are the ones that should be pissed, but it appears the cognitive dissonance just keeps rolling on.

I agree that triggered has become a propaganda or even 'wind up' word. It's like "conspiracy theorist". It's used to belittle.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Good on Trump to admit his follies. I just hope that it was a truly human moment in which Trump recognized that his approach was not presidential, and he was not forced by his campaign/GOP to apologize.

Seems to me he was probably persuaded by his new campaign manager - she seems pretty clued in. Trump needs the lower income voters. If he gets enough of them, he wins.

Trump does not need to swoon low income voters. He needs to attract young adults and the more educated.

Much of Trump's support comes from older folks, the less educated and the lower income bracket within the GOP.

If Trump even gets level with Clinton in the low income segment, he wins the election in a landslide.
That group is not unrelated to young and educated.

Historically, lower income people are less likely to vote. He would be better served trying to get the young, educated voters.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
So Trump supporters seem to think this will be enough to make up for all the stupid # he said? Sorry guys, but this doesn't cut it. Words are empty. Especially coming from Trump. He needs to prove he is sincere with his actions, and I don't think that is possible for Trump. I give him a week before he goes right back to saying stupid # again.

Surprisingly I don't disagree with you

I think his actions from now on after the expression of regret are important. Now he's made the statement, a slip back to the counter punching style and thin skin will sink him.
edit on 19/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The latest LA Times poll cross tabs show Trump winning easily with income levels over $35k and losing very badly with income levels less than $35k. I suspect Trumps campaign are looking at the details of all polls and this appeal to lower income is part of a strategy to improve the voting block that gives him victory. By the way - I said that many young and educated are in the low income groups.
edit on 19/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
So if take your car to a new local garage, and the mechanic mangles it.. causes damage to your engine, rips out your starter, and otherwise leaves it in a much worse condition than it was when it brought it in.. but says he is sorry... would you take it back the next time? I mean.. he was sorry he screwed up your car, so heck.. just keep taking it back right?

Being sorry doesn't make him fit to be President. He has not and will not change his general attitude, behavior, or modus operandi. He most certainly will make the same mistakes again, and then what? POTUS is much too important a job to leave it to a bungler, how matter how sorry he might be at past transgressions.

Also he just shook up his team.. and this came directly after. So I honestly doubt if this is any way sincere.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the Trump Apology Tour.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thanks. But I think I set myself up for mental anguish, as now I will start to see Winky Dink at the podium and then drift to hearing Jerry Falwell. Agghhhh!

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This, among many other things just goes to prove that Trump IS the NON-POLITICIAN. Yes he has loads of money, but there is little difference between him as a person...and any other conservative, "America First" citizen. He shares our views and opinions, he shares our concerns and if anyone were to sit down to dinner with him, he would likely treat you just like anyone else...a person.

Clinton? I probably don't need to say anything else. But that wouldn't be "me". But imagine that [snip] sitting down to dinner with any "average Joe" and chatting off-camera. Full of herself, uninterested in anything said to her and probably smelling from her unchanged Depends.

THAT is how you judge someone's character. How they treat others, especially people they COULD look down upon. And Trump's history backs that up. He goes into the field and is hands on with everything he does. He doesn't sit in a castle tossing bread crust to us peasants.

MOD NOTE: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

edit on 8/19/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/19/2016 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I wonder if his supporters will also apologize for getting behind some of his crap. Ok, he wants to be taken seriously, great. No one can be this stupid to have just figured out that it's time to stop behaving like a child.

Lol. I need someone in my life who's a little more emotionally stable.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join