It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I regret my words"

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: UKTruth

What lies? Have you been reading politifact and snopes again?

What lies? Are you suffering from a condition of some sort?

"I'm the only one on this stage that said, ‘Do not go into Iraq. Do not attack Iraq,’ " Trump said. "Nobody else on this stage said that. And I said it loud and strong. And I was in the private sector. I wasn't a politician, fortunately. But I said it, and I said it loud and clear, ‘You'll destabilize the Middle East.’ "

LIE.

"He said I was in favor of Libya? I never discussed that subject. I was in favor of Libya? We would be so much better off if Gadhafi were in charge right now."

LIE.

“I’ll tell you what I don’t like,” Trump told George Stephanopoulos. “It’s against two NFL games. I got a letter from the NFL saying, “This is ridiculous.'”

LIE.

"Hey look, [the president] wrote a book when he was a young man and it said ‘born in Kenya,’ blah blah blah. I don’t know where he was born. I would like to see his college records, I think that’s important.

LIE.

"Islamic terrorism is eating up large portions of the Middle East," he said. "They've become rich. I'm in competition with them. They just built a hotel in Syria. Can you believe this? They built a hotel."

LIE.

"Now here's the amazing thing. Over there where that plane landed, top secret, they don't have a lot of paparazzi, you know the paparazzi doesn't do so well over there, right, and they have a perfect tape done by obviously a government camera, and the tape is of the people taking the money off the plane, right," Trump continued. "That means in order to embarrass us further Iran sent us the tapes, right. It's a military tape. It's a tape that was a perfect angle, nice and steady. Nobody getting nervous because they are going to be shot, because they are shooting a picture of money pouring off of plane."

LIE.

"$500 billion a year trade deficit with China."

LIE.

"We have lousy health-care, where it’s going up 35, 45, 55 percent"

LIE.

"I’m not going to take any money. I don’t want any money. ... You know, I’ve self-funded my campaign. ... Right now, I’m into, you would know better than me, maybe $30 million, maybe more."

LIE.

"I’m already in for $30 million cash."

LIE.

"Upstate New York I poll higher than anybody ever."

LIE.

"We’re winning every poll with the Hispanics."

LIE.

"I got to know him very well because we were both on 60 Minutes, we were stablemates and we did very well that night."

Creepy LIE.

"Ambassador Stevens and his staff in Libya made hundreds of requests for security. Hillary Clinton’s State Department refused them all"

LIE.

"Crime is rising"

LIE.

"We're the highest taxed nation in the world."

LIE.

"His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald's being — you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous"

LIE.

There's a few to get your started. I go literally do this all day and not get to a fraction of the lies he's told.

Reading through your list:

Lies : 0

For some context is needed, so given your posting history I reject all your points until you come up with the context and timing.
For others they are absolutely not lies.

By your logic you could never accuse anyone of lying ever. I'm not even joking.

If you truly believe the above, then you cannot by your own standards claim Hillary has EVER lied.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
What's Trump apologizing for? His supporters on here and outside have been telling us he's said nothing wrong! So what exactly is he apologizing for?

Can somebody let me know? I'm alittle confused with the praise his supporters have been giving him for apologizing, considering he's done nothing wrong! Gee wiz I am confused. I must just be a rapid angry liberal I guess.

Jesus each day goes by I'm more and more convinced this man is just playing for the Clinton team. He is literally doing everything wrong in his campaign. It's got to be on purpose.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The guy campaigned in CONNETICUT. Solid blue Conneticut and Maine. At a time when a number of red States like Georgia and Arizona are at risk.

Jesus he's not serious.
edit on 20-8-2016 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Not only that, he didn't even say what he supposedly regretted or that there would be any tactical or policy changes because of his newfound regrets. He did the equivalent of when other politicians say "mistakes were made" without correcting those mistakes (or taking responsibility for them).

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

He basically apologized for going gloves off at anyone and everyone.

He said things that pissed a lot of people off.

I know you are just fishing for a response so here it is. If you actually gave the slightest # about your questions posed you could have easily just read the thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This is no St. Paul falling to the ground conversion. This is constructed manipulation of the highest order; hats off to Conway, Ailes, and Bannon.

This is no Come-to-Jesus moment for Trump. The phrasing of "letting Trump be Trump" yet forcing his speeches is doublespeak. Doublethink... 1984 is now.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The question is not "what specifically is he apologizing for," the question is "is he going to stop doing things he needs to apologize for?" If he reins it in and reads from a teleprompter like a zombie, he will lose all of his core supporters.
edit on 20-8-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Trump literally cannot lose his core supporters. What he is appealing to now is the vote he may not have had a month ago. I expect lots of ads involving feel the bern endorsing hilldog.

He will play on that, and emphasize more humility as an actual person the undecideds can side with.

He's playing politician full swing now, and Hillary better prepare.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Trump literally cannot lose his core supporters.

That is a true indication of how ignorant his core supporters are then.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
The question is not "what specifically is he apologizing for," the question is "is he going to stop doing things he needs to apologize for?" If he reins it in and reads from a teleprompter like a zombie, he will lose all of his core supporters.

The ironic part is that conservatives bashed Pres Obama for years for reading from a teleprompter. But when their own candidates do it, it's ok. Hypocrites! And it's even worse in Trump's cas, because it seems like a teleprompter is the only way to stop him from spontaneously bashing random people and/or groups of people.
edit on 20-8-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

If he reins it in and reads from a teleprompter like a zombie, he will lose all of his core supporters.

I'm not so sure. This is really starting to look more like a cult. Cult members will follow their leader, no matter what, because they can be manipulated and soothed by words. If we look at Germany and Japan in WW2, we really are witnessing a national cult, with a leader dealing in a fantastical vision for his followers.

Trump's “disgusting and dishonest” media were employed by his campaign staff to look like they supported him

The Associated Press’ Jill Colvin: “Trump Sounds Like He’s Talking Directly To African Americans…” (Twitter.com, 8/16/16)

but here is her full tweet

"Trump sounds like he's talking directly to African Americans, but I don't see a single non-white person in the crowd"

Words, sounds good. All is well. Conway, Ailes, and Bannon know exactly what they are doing. Give the devil his due, these people are good.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Care to expand on that thought? WHY is that an indication of ignorance?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

if trump was wrong, his acolytes were wrong to defend him.
only the ignorant would attempt to defend such outbursts that, as trump himself has now admitted were wrong.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Vector... look. I get it. You don't like Hillary Clinton (Bernie fan here going Johnson, I feel you). I'll assume you're no fan of Barack Obama. I get it. I don't agree but I get it. You think the country is not going in the right direction, you believe a change is needed. I know.

I know.

You don't have to tell me, I've heard it all.

Listen to me when I tell you that Trump is taking you for a fool. He's taking us all for a ride. He's had close business and political relations with the Clintons for years. He's been going rogue and it's been on purpose. You don't find it strange, his actions? You don't find it strange for example he's been campaigning in irrelevant states like Conneticut and Maine? Would you not, for once, consider the fact his motives in these elections are of financial and personal gain? He made $190 million extra since he began his run... he is set to make more money. His actions clearly demonstrate that he is not at all serious about the presidency... he has other motives. This 'apology' of his is just a way to keep face. That's it.

You don't HAVE to support Donald Trump or agree with his actions to oppose Hillary and the Democrats. You don't automatically give up your principals by doing so. He's taking you for a ride and when he's done, and Hillary wins the elections, he'll retire back to his mansion millions of dollars richer, better off after his run, and you'd be left in the dust.

Wake up.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

You assume I'm a Trump fan, and while I might be in favor of Trump, I'm not a fan.

American politics are a joke at best. The president has very limited powers, and is more of a figurehead than anything. Congress is our true enemy, they are the ones that run the show, and currently they do it silently per their bidders. People think this election IS THE election of their life! People also thought that 4 and 8 years ago.

Trump is a voice of change?!? Probably not, and even if he is, he cannot do squat without congress saying ok. The president writes the checks, congress signs them, and everyone knows a check isn't valid without a signature.

I don't need to wake up, I'm fully aware of the dog and pony show going on, I just find it amusing. People are literally freaking out thinking the end of times will come with either one being elected. These people obviously have no clue on how our government works.

The one thing that does concern me out of everything is that the next president will decide the 9th spot in the supreme court. It doesn't concern me that much though to be honest.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You assume I'm a Trump fan, and while I might be in favor of Trump, I'm not a fan.

Oh that's a load of nonsense Vector. You and every other Trump supporter apparently. But your posts point differently.

I'll say this once more on here. He'll retire happily, millions more in the pocket, with some fancy reward from his pals the Clintons, and he'll move along. All your posts defending him and his actions will be mean nothing in the end. Somebody put it very well earlier in this thread... 'egg on the face'. I agree fully. This man is taking his supporters, the media and even many Hillary Clinton supporters for a ride. You don't do yourself any favours continuing to defend him and post favourably about him. You'll wake up after November I suppose.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The one thing that does concern me out of everything is that the next president will decide the 9th spot in the supreme court. It doesn't concern me that much though to be honest.

This is the one thing that concerns me a LOT. No, the president doesn't have sole say in the matter because Congress has to approve it, but they can only work with who the president nominates. That's a big deal, in my book. If it wasn't for the Supreme Court justice nomination, I really couldn't be bothered to vote in this election. I will NOT EVER vote for Trump, because he has promised to nominate a super conservative justice. Knowing how he flip flops, that may change, but I can't take the chance.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

And if you look hard enough you will see that I've said that with trump we are probably screwed, with hilldog we are definitely screwed.

Having fun poking at people politically doesn't mean I'm a typical supporter.

There are 2 options this election just the same as every 4 years prior.

I think it's fun to support Trump and watch everyone freak out about it.

Though to be honest I wish ATS would become a bit less of a political platform.

I'll get my wish in December.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

You implication is that Trump could do or say ANYTHING and not lose his core supporters.

That means they will blindly vote for him no matter what.

He could change his views, change his policies, make as many racist comments as he wants, insult people, incite violence and they will still vote for him.

You tell me how thats not ignorant.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yea, that is the one little thing that is in my mind regarding this election. I can respect that reasoning.

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join