It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I regret my words"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

If saying 'I regret what I said' is all that needs to appeal to the PC crowd, then you either underestimate the PC crowd or don't understand them very much.

Like I said, I don't think his attempt will work on reasonably intelligent people, but I guess that was his best shot without alienating his existing base.

Bonus: you don't understand what conservatives define as 'politically correct.' It's more than being polite.

Funny, because every single time Trump said something awful/insulting/rude, the conservatives countered with "that's okay - he's not politically correct and I like it".

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: UKTruth

Hate? How about pity?

You're so wrapped up in your delusions that you're admonishing people for insulting "on a very personal level" a guy who mocks peoples' disabilities on national television.

At this point, Donald Trump could probably convince you to become a Flat Earther.

Also. This is just from Twitter:

NYT - The 250 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

By your melodramatic fake victim nonsense failed logic, Donald Trump is clearly one of the most hate-filled humans ever. Of course, you'll use your astoundingly powerful willful ignorance to block all that out too I'm sure.

I am not talking about Trump's insults. He has already shown regret for causing pain to anyone who was offended by his language. I actually said he should do this some time ago on ATS, so am already well past the stage of recognising his faults.

I am talking about the personal attacks against him and his supporters. There is simply no denying these have been fervent and suggesting that I am delusional for drawing attention to this hateful rhetoric is of course, nonsense. Just another attack to deflect away from the truth.

Those people who have been so hateful can make their apologies or show their regret if they would like to, but they can't take back what they have said.
edit on 19/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I am talking about the personal attacks against him and his supporters. There is simply no denying these have been fervent and suggesting that I am delusional for drawing attention this hateful rhetoric is of course, nonsense. Just another attack to deflect away from the truth. Those people who have been so hateful can make their apologies or show their regret if they would like to, but they can't take back what they have said.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but what is your point or goal in talking about people attacking Trump and his supporters?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Hate? How about pity?

You're so wrapped up in your delusions that you're admonishing people for insulting "on a very personal level" a guy who mocks peoples' disabilities on national television.

At this point, Donald Trump could probably convince you to become a Flat Earther.

NYT - The 250 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

By your melodramatic fake victim nonsense failed logic, Donald Trump is clearly one of the most hate-filled humans ever. Of course, you'll use your astoundingly powerful willful ignorance to block all that out too I'm sure.

Those people who have been so hateful can make their apologies or show their regret if they would like to, but they can't take back what they have said.

Wow...looks like we agree on something.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

They said the communication came from a source within the NFL.

Trump said that he received a letter from the NFL. He did not receive a letter fron the NFL. Are you denying that he said that he received the letter from the NFL or are you saying that he actually received a letter from the NFL because the campaign didn't say that the received a letter from the NFL, they said he was "made aware" by a "source close to the NFL."

BTW, that's not "communication [...] from a source within in the NFL." You can't even help yourself but try to spin the deflection to cover the lie the deflection couldn't cover. That's remarkably terrible.

No, I can't prove that a "source close to the NFL" didn't "make [Trump] aware" but I don't have to because again, that's not what Donald Trump said. What Donald Trump said was:

"I got a letter from the NFL saying, “This is ridiculous.'"

That's lie. What he said happened, did not happen. It doesn't matter if his campaign came out later and said, "well what had happened was this uhh... transdimensional, timetravelling unicorn appeared to Donald Trump and blew magical fart letters in front of him that spelled out the word 'ridiculous'"

I can't prove that didn't happen either but it's irrelevant because it's not what Donald Trump said. What Donald Trump said was something else happened and that something else didn't happen. That makes it a lie.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I am talking about the personal attacks against him and his supporters. There is simply no denying these have been fervent and suggesting that I am delusional for drawing attention this hateful rhetoric is of course, nonsense. Just another attack to deflect away from the truth. Those people who have been so hateful can make their apologies or show their regret if they would like to, but they can't take back what they have said.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but what is your point or goal in talking about people attacking Trump and his supporters?

You'll have to read back a fair bit.

It related to a suggestion that ALL Trump supporters now need to follow suit and apologise. I have not gone so far on the flip side to say ALL Hillary supporters, I am merely pointing out that if you go down that road then those that have made pretty childish and often nasty personal attacks against Trump (and his supporters) should look in the mirror and to coin a phrase, 'eat their own dog food'.

It's quite interesting that I haven't even seen a single person actually own up to it, even if they don't want to apologise or show any regret. I find that quite cowardly.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You're preaching to the choir. You might want to hit up Donald Trump on Twitter and tell him how you really feel about apologies.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

It's quite interesting that I haven't even seen a single person actually own up to it, even if they don't want to apologise or show any regret. I find that quite cowardly.

Own up to your interpretation of what they have said? Talk to Lesmis about what that means.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You just called a handicapped person an idiot, completely dismissed that Trump mocked this person for his disability, and now you're coining your own phrases? Wow...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

They said the communication came from a source within the NFL.

Trump said that he received a letter from the NFL. He did not receive a letter fron the NFL. Are you denying that he said that he received the letter from the NFL or are you saying that he actually received a letter from the NFL because the campaign didn't say that the received a letter from the NFL, they said he was "made aware" by a "source close to the NFL."

BTW, that's not "communication [...] from a source within in the NFL." You can't even help yourself but try to spin the deflection to cover the lie the deflection couldn't cover. That's remarkably terrible.

No, I can't prove that a "source close to the NFL" didn't "make [Trump] aware" but I don't have to because again, that's not what Donald Trump said. What Donald Trump said was:

"I got a letter from the NFL saying, “This is ridiculous.'"

That's lie. What he said happened, did not happen. It doesn't matter if his campaign came out later and said, "well what had happened was this uhh... transdimensional, timetravelling unicorn appeared to Donald Trump and blew magical fart letters in front of him that spelled out the word 'ridiculous'"

I can't prove that didn't happen either but it's irrelevant because it's not what Donald Trump said. What Donald Trump said was something else happened and that something else didn't happen. That makes it a lie.

So you can't actually prove he didn't receive a letter from a source at the NFL? The 'lie' is based on the fact he missed out the word 'source' or didn't name a person in his comment?

I actually believe he did lie in that instance, however I am careful to use the word 'believe' because I have no evidence that he did lie. If was to create a list of definite lies though, that would not be on the list.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Really. Who are these people that should be apologizing? If anything, UKTruth was the one who called a handicapped person an idiot. The rest of us are just hanging out here peacefully.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

You just called a handicapped person an idiot, completely dismissed that Trump mocked this person for his disability, and now you're coining your own phrases? Wow...

So what if I called a handicapped person an idiot? What's his physical status got to do with my view of his journalism?

As for Trump mocking him, that is for Trump to address, not me.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The man is actually handing out supplies in Louisiana right now. As in, he's literally helping unload a semi trailer full of foods and toys for kids.

If he keeps this up, he may actually put a hurtin on Hillary.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You were upset about the name calling. Now you're not?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I didn't hear excuses, I heard selling points. Why I like him. He's never been a politician before, will try to do a good job. The career politicians have learned how to cheat.

If I was him, I'd fire the lot.

I know, i know, those snakes will never let someone like him into their pit.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Hate? How about pity?

Wow...looks like we agree on something.

I am glad - and it stands for the quite vitriolic insults hurled from both sides of the debate over the last year.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

You were upset about the name calling. Now you're not?

Can you point me to anywhere I said I was upset about name calling?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Hey, easy with that friendly fire. I meant that UKT may have been seeing hate where there was none.
edit on 19-8-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
The man is actually handing out supplies in Louisiana right now. As in, he's literally helping unload a semi trailer full of foods and toys for kids.

If he keeps this up, he may actually put a hurtin on Hillary.

Good for him - getting in there and actually helping out.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Own up to your interpretation of what they have said? Talk to Lesmis about what that means.

Are you suggesting no one is guilty of hateful speech and actions towards Donald Trump over the last year?
Extremely interested in your answer.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join