It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I regret my words"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: UKTruth

Lol. I saw him make fun of a handicapped person. Your advice sucks.

Also, the apology negates everything you just said. Its based on the premise that he said awful things. If he didn't he wouldn't apologize.

Must be the Mandela Effect.

Indeed, must be, if you can't recall the personal insults hurled at Trump and his supporters over the last year.
I am not surprised you'd see no wrong in that - probably don't even remember it.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: desert

Body language
There is common a transient pleasure in deception that appears, typically as pleasure-signaling body language, such as:
Upturn of corners of the mouth - check
Creased eyes - check
Throwing the head back - check

It appears both options are superduper delightful dupers.

That is funny - I have to admit.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If Trump continues doing what hes doing after this recent campaign shakeup, hes going to win the Presidency. He has pivoted and completely changed his tone. In other words, hes saying the same things basically but in a more calm and stately manner. Hes also not been getting sidetracked during his speeches as of late. He looks "Presidential".

With Roger Aisles and Jack Bannon now in Trump's corner tutoring him, I think Trump is going to absolutely destroy Hillary at the debates. Aisles and Bannon know the Clinton scandals and dirt better than anyone. We are about to see an extra layer of dirt removed we haven't seen yet and old scabs and wounds reopened with the Clintons.

They were saying on CNN last night that Trumps new "tone" is scaring them (The Dems/Hillary campaign) and couple that with Bannon and Aisles in Trumps corner, all the sudden Hillary looks extremely vulnerable.

What we are seeing are the beginnings of an Alt-Right movement that is quickly picking up steam.

Anyone thinking Hillary has this in the bag is smoking some good crack.
edit on 19-8-2016 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Also, the apology negates everything you just said. Its based on the premise that he said awful things. If he didn't he wouldn't apologize.

Indeed, must be, if you can't recall the personal insults hurled at Trump and his supporters over the last year.
I am not surprised you'd see no wrong in that - probably don't even remember it.

Hey man if you don't like the heat just don't play with fire.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: -Blackout-

That's the million dollar question: how long can he keep up the charade of being politically correct? My guess is... not very long. We'll see.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Indigo5

The "cheetah-coloured turd" not only fails the very low bar of political standards, he fails humanities standards..

That is just the reality of it and the reason mass numbers of conservatives that still oppose Hillary Clinton on policy are forced declare their support for her.

It is no longer a debate of politics or policy, it is a choice between megalomaniac devoid of any fundamental moral foundation and a candidate who while significantly flawed, has at least intelligence, experience and is recognizable as a member of the human race.

The reality of it is you haven't met the man, and are basing your sanctimonious conclusions on very little. Puritans of all ages have done the exact same.

There are those that are so far invested - literally - in spewing hate about Trump that they will never stop.
It's just what they do.
The childish insults about hair, hands, skin colour, intellect all come from the same people apparently outraged at his language. Quite an irony.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

That's the million dollar question: how long can he keep up the charade of being politically correct? My guess is... not very long. We'll see.

The thing is, if he does keep it up this thing is over. He'll win. 80 some odd days is PLENTY of time to change the tide.

THIS is the Donald Trump that the Left and Hillary fears.
edit on 19-8-2016 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

There are those that are so far invested - literally - in spewing hate about Trump that they will never stop.
It's just what they do.
The childish insults about hair, hands, skin colour, intellect all come from the same people apparently outraged at his language. Quite an irony.

It's a dangerous irony at that. We've already seen the violence against Trump and his supporters perpetrated by people who believed they are doing the right thing. In the words of illegal immigrant and would be assassin Michael Sanford, "someone had to stand up for America", ironically, by assassinating someone who has yet to commit any crime.

edit on 19-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: UKTruth

Hey man if you don't like the heat just don't play with fire.

Heat? Is that what it is. I am just enjoying the fact that Trump's recognition and regret of some of his language has brought out the same people who have been spewing hate for a year to perch on their moral high ground, whilst normal people shake their heads in disbelief at the hypocrisy.

I am sure it's not lost on even the most hateful anti-Trumper, but it takes character to admit ones mistakes and they simply don't have it in them - unlike Trump.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Same here, at least dude is capable of apologizing. Unlike some other candidate I know of.

No apologies from her, no explanations, hell no press conference.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

So you're not going to explain how he's NO LONGER a globalist? (earlier you were all "of course he is! who isn't!") and now you're bolding the parts of his bulls# where he insinuates that he's no longer what he claims to be against?

So I'll ask you again: has he discontinued manufacturing of his crap in foreign countries, has he enacted a policy of not hiring foreign workers on visas for his US-based operations and has he shutterd the doors or sold off any of his foreign properties?

No, no and no? Well then, other than a bit of lip service, what's different? Nothing. Not a damn thing.

Oh, you mean like seasonal hiring? Did you read the article? I guess no. Show me where it says he's sourcing his labor from overseas please...oh you can't? Yep.

Of course you will say i'm making it up, but I have to call BS on these stats simply because they are not public information unless you decide to make them up. When you do make them up they can neither be confirmed nor denied. I say this with knowledge of the hiring process and processing for a few companies. That is all strictly confidential information and never disclosed to anyone outside an official government inquiry, which also is confidential.

So pardon me if i say BS on that.

Of course I read the whole thing. Your issue isn't with me. It's with the National Review and the New York Times who are the sources for both of those claims.

NYT - Donald Trump to Foreign Workers for Florida Club: You’re Hired

Since 2010, nearly 300 United States residents have applied or been referred for jobs as waiters, waitresses, cooks and housekeepers there. But according to federal records, only 17 have been hired.

But he has also pursued more than 500 visas for foreign workers at Mar-a-Lago since 2010, according to the United States Department of Labor, while hundreds of domestic applicants failed to get the same jobs.

The visas are issued through one of a handful of legal and often debated programs through which employers can temporarily hire foreign workers when American labor is not available. As part of its applications for the visas submitted to the Labor Department, Mr. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago attested that in the vast majority of cases, it was unable to fill the positions with American workers, or, as he told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” in September, “getting help in Palm Beach during the season is almost impossible.”

AFAIK, neither Trump, his campaign nor the management at Mar-a-Lago disputed the accuracy of the NYT article's stats so it seems you're the only excuse maker claiming they're made up stats based on your claimed expertise.

His book is obviously wrong. Trump is indeed a billionaire a few times over, one of your own sources said so.

There you go again. The book was obviously wrong about his wealth in 2005 because you say so and you're willing to accept an estimate from another source because at least it shows him as a billionare even if it that estimate indicates that he's most likely lying about how much he's worth by more than 100%?

Is it really that big of a stretch to accept that if he's probably lying about his wealth by 100%, he could in fact be lying about it by 1000%? I guess it doesn't matter if Hillary claims the Clintons left the White House essentially broke either then right? And she didn't even bother to lie about a specific figure.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You poor baby. I only care about what Trump says and does. So why do you think he made fun of that handicapped guy?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

it takes character to admit ones mistakes and they simply don't have it in them - unlike Trump.

It takes character to admit one's mistakes without being told or asked to do so. Did Trump did it own his own, or was he asked/forced to do it for the sake of the campaign?

I think there is a big difference.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
He only regrets it because of the backlash, imagine if he was elected there would be no need.

The crowd sounds like a Roman Coliseum hailing Caesar.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

it takes character to admit ones mistakes and they simply don't have it in them - unlike Trump.

It takes character to admit one's mistakes without being told or asked to do so. Did Trump did it own his own, or was he asked/forced to do it for the sake of the campaign?

I think there is a big difference.

Well we'll never know I suspect - though it's a good point and I agree.
His new campaign manager was just on TV saying Trump added that part of the speech on his own and wanted to do it, but could be just spin.
edit on 19/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Where do you get that Trump says he will start being politically correct?

I’ve never wanted to learn the language of the insiders, and I’ve never been politically correct – it takes far too much time, truthfully. It takes far too much time and can often make more difficult to achieve ultimate victory.

Saying he is sorry about some things he said is not the same as saying he will become PC. I hope he doesn't. He just needs to stop sometimes and listen to an inner monologue and moderate himself a bit.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

You poor baby. I only care about what Trump says and does. So why do you think he made fun of that handicapped guy?

Careful with that. No need to round on me personally.
If one only cares about what other people say and do not hold themselves and people on their side of an argument to the same standard then I am sure you can see the hypocrisy in that.
I believe Trump said at the time that particular reporter was an idiot - which he is if you read the drivel he writes.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Where do you get that Trump says he will start being politically correct?

I’ve never wanted to learn the language of the insiders, and I’ve never been politically correct – it takes far too much time, truthfully. It takes far too much time and can often make more difficult to achieve ultimate victory.

Saying he is sorry about some things he said is not the same as saying he will become PC. I hope he doesn't. He just needs to stop sometimes and listen to an inner monologue and moderate himself a bit.

I really hope he does not become politically correct. That disease is already out of control.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Indigo5

The "cheetah-coloured turd" not only fails the very low bar of political standards, he fails humanities standards..

That is just the reality of it and the reason mass numbers of conservatives that still oppose Hillary Clinton on policy are forced declare their support for her.

It is no longer a debate of politics or policy, it is a choice between megalomaniac devoid of any fundamental moral foundation and a candidate who while significantly flawed, has at least intelligence, experience and is recognizable as a member of the human race.

The reality of it is you haven't met the man, and are basing your sanctimonious conclusions on very little.

Ah well....let's not asses any presidential candidates unless we have personally met them and probed their soul. Should make for some unusually low voter turn-out this year.

I am basing my conclusions on an unusually long history where Donald Trump has desperately craved the spotlight and celebrated himself and his public exposure from Howard Stern to CNN. He has been very clear as to demonstrating his character. He actually unabashedly celebrates himself in each interview and speech..no mystery there.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Like a typical politician, he says whatever will appeal to everyone. Saying "I'm not politically correct" will appeal to the non-pc crowd. Saying "I regret many of the things I said" will appeal to the pc crowd. Being purposefully vague about what he regrets is another way of appealing to both groups at the same time.

Smart people will figure this out though.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join