It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Focus Group Discuss Trump Political Ads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A nice little discussion with a focus group of Trump supporters.
They were asked to review some potential Trump campaign ads.

Obviously you shouldn't generalise the entirety of Trumps supporters based on this group.... but in my opinion its pretty damn accurate.

Check out the racism and ignorance below... enjoy

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I read about this yesterday, and I thought, "No way!" "This is a joke!" "This is a hoax!"

I wish it could get debunked, because, if not, then, with apologies to the authors Ornstein and Mann, "We're Even More Screwed Than It Looks!"

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
I read about this yesterday, and I thought, "No way!" "This is a joke!" "This is a hoax!"

I wish it could get debunked, because, if not, then, with apologies to the authors Ornstein and Mann, "We're Even More Screwed Than It Looks!"

Do you guys really take entertainment television that seriously? No wonder the Hillary camp believes everything the media tells them.
edit on 18-8-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
These cannot be real Trump supporters I mean no one could make those ideas seem logical.
I call fake group. Fake Trump too.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

I'm with you. Total joke.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm sorry . I've gone up against Trumps supporters here on ATS. I have way to much respect for them as people to believe this nonsense. I may not agree with them but so far they're not amoral. Or idiots.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You know how they say some jokes are funny because they are true.

Well this is one of those instances where this would be funny if it weren't true...but sadly it looks like it is true, so it is just damn scary.

I thought it was fake at first too, but USANEWS picked it up and someone at the daily beast interviewed the guy behind this video, and he claims the focus group was real, those were all real Trump supporters.

www.usnews.com...

www.thedailybeast.com...

Daily Beast: That focus group where you test the campaign ads and proposals to Trump fans [one features an electric fence on the Mexican border that shocks all Mexicans who are wearing government-issued necklaces if they attempt to cross over, which all of the focus group’s participants roundly endorse]—how did you find those people? How’d that happen?

Robert Smigel (voice of Triumph): That’s real! We employed a real focus group with real Trump supporters. Every aspect of it. That was the one where everything was completely straight except the actual product analyzed. That’s the piece that I assume people will talk about. I’m not sure what people will say about it.

Scary!!!
edit on 18-8-2016 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

That's entirely fake, right? I mean it's hilarious, but "I like trump because he has a plan" and the woman who wants to lower chineses iq s by poisoning the water....
They're all actors right?

a reply to: kruphix

Oooops.
edit on 18-8-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

For anyone who has seen Triumph's skits, you know that the comic behind the skit uses real people in his skits. That is what made me think, no, indeed the ads are fake but "the people can't be real!" I was waiting to see this debunked, but, sadly, following kruphiz's link to the Daily Beast, I come to the conclusion that the comic really, as he has always done, played off real people.

Real people can rationalize things to fit their beliefs. They can make up ideas that defy reason. It is said that truth is stranger than fiction, and, being very familiar with Triumph's type of humor and skits, I am pretty darn sure now that these people are real. It's humor comes not from being fake but from bizarre reactions to something fake.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I know it was meant to be funny but it just made me sad. Humans disregarding humanity. That's what sums up too many Trump supporters.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

LOL that was pretty funny. I'd take it with a grain of salt though.

I mean that didn't even sound like Trump. I would think anyone that has heard Trump speak would know that wasn't his actual voice.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
the john oliver vid was interesting, obviously pretty old but apparent thats where many of trumps questions started.
the hulu one managed to find some base fans with low iqs, not to difficult, not very funny.
either way, trump fans will either ignore or abhor it, hillary fans will either scratch their head as to who they're up against or lap it up.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

At what point did satire on a late night talk show become reality to you people?
You can't honestly expect anyone to take you seriously with this?
It's Triumph the insult comic dog for crying out loud!!!

I think you need a break OP.
When you put a Trump video as your signature I think your to involved and or emotional.
Just a personal observation.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

this is one of those instances where this would be funny if it weren't true...but sadly it looks like it is true, so it is just damn scary.

That's the thing. Another comedian could come up with just the ads, and I would laugh at their mocking absurdity. And that would be it. What Triumph has always done is take shocking or mocking absurdity and put it before real people, to see their reaction. This time the last laugh turned into, not even a groan, but a sick feeling, that this can't be true.

But when I consider things people have seriously proposed, defying reason, then I believe people can harbor strange ideas. Things like seriously using nuclear weapons in VietNam. Things like rationalizing molesting children. Things like coming up with a program of genocide.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

At what point did satire on a late night talk show become reality to you people?
You can't honestly expect anyone to take you seriously with this?
It's Triumph the insult comic dog for crying out loud!!!

I think you need a break OP.
When you put a Trump video as your signature I think your to involved and or emotional.
Just a personal observation.

At what point is it no reality? Its real. It really happened. It was a joke, we are laughing about it and at Trump supporters.
If you don't like it, don't post in this thread.
So do you make the comment to all the people with Hillary links in their signatures?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Half the population has an IQ below 'average' - by definition.

And China is already lowering their IQ by poisoning their water. No one in China feels safe drinking their water.

Same here in the U.S. with the fluoride added, but we're too stupid to realize we're being poisoned... and the fluoride additive is a processing plant toxic byproduct from CHINA.

So who's stupid now?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
For everyone confused about this, which is hard to believe anyone would be confused, this was all real. Real Trump supporters being pranked for a show that's now on Hulu. Are you guys not familiar with Triumph the Insult Dog???? In any case, he was on the Howard Stern show the other day talking all about this.
edit on 18-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I remember another bit of humor, the movie Dr. Strangelove, which was hilarious but considered "implausible", but
Almost Everything in “Dr. Strangelove” Was True.

Our assumptions about the goodness of people sometimes collides with reality. The monsters inside us do not make us look like monsters on the outside. Or make us always act like monsters. There is a book about some ordinary German women under Nazi rule. They were not in military or camps; they were in "the humdrum settings where regular Germans were living their lives".

In all cases, they bore responsibility — almost always unpunished — for Nazi atrocities, either by euthanizing those deemed mentally or physically unfit or by deciding from behind a desk which Jews should die that day. Some of Lower’s furies also killed Jews directly — not because they were ordered to, but because they wanted to.

source

And sometimes the irrationalities and accommodations we have inside of us can come out under the right condition:

....the attraction of extremist ideologies, the role of technology in spreading hate, the responsibility of individuals, and the importance of leadership in both free and oppressed societies

source

There is a reason that humor is often banned or severely restricted in authoritarian regimes. It not only critiques the leader but opens up for view and critique those who would accommodate the leader's ideas.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I actually think this is real. Never underestimate loyalty to political celebrities. Not saying it is accurate representation though.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Im a Trump supporter, I live on the beach, drive an exotic and I travel the world consistently, I didn't get these things by being uneducated and bigoted, oh and Im gay,,GO TRUMP.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join