It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 2016 Was The Hottest Month Ever Recorded

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
July 2016 Was The Hottest Month Ever Recorded

Was July hot to anyone else out there? Well no surprise. It was FREAKING hot out. How hot? It broke the global record (which was set by the previous July)

NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration ― two leading global authorities on climate ― both say July 2016 was not only the hottest July on record, but the most sizzling month in the history of record-keeping.

NOAA on Wednesday said July’s global average temperature was 62.01 degrees, 1.57 degrees above the 20th-century average. NASA, which uses a slightly different methodology, said Monday the average global temperature in July was 1.51 degrees above average. Both agencies pegged July as the hottest month since monitoring began in 1880.

The record continues a global hot streak that scientists have linked to global warming, with average temperatures continuing to climb as extreme weather events occur more frequently. The July data underscores the fact that man’s role in climate change is “no longer subtle,” said Michael Mann, a climate scientist at Pennsylvania State University.

July’s high topples the previous record set in July 2015. The month of July, when the seasonal temperature cycle peaks in the Northern Hemisphere, usually sees the highest global temperatures, according to NASA.

NOAA said last month marks the 15th month in a row in which global heat records have been broken. That continues the longest streak of record-breaking temperatures since reporting began.

NASA, which analyzes weather data from from 6,300 locations around the world, considers July 2016 to be the 10th consecutive record-setting month.

August, I'm sure, is faring no better. It's been thunderstorming daily here in Maryland like it would in a state further south during the summer. Things are getting worse. Just check out that heat map that was posted. Many times those heat maps include a bunch of blue spots, but almost ALL of it is red or reddish. Keep in mind the southern hemisphere is supposed to be in winter.

This record only further disproves the idea that a “global warming hiatus” proves climate change is a hoax, NOAA public affairs officer Theo Stein tweeted Wednesday morning.

edit on 18-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
No record temps here.

Oh, you mean average global temperature was up from last year. Thats some study period.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Only in certain parts o the world but in others it was one of the coolest months every recorded Like Virginia usa

edit on 18-8-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We've broken the heat record each year, consecutively, since about 2012. I honestly don't know what can be done at this point. I feel that man's activities are accelerating Geological processes but I don't know if there is still time or the will to change mans part in all of this.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Only in certain parts o the world but in others it was one of the coolest months every recorded Like Virginia usa

You can't just say this and it be true, you know?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We've broken the heat record each year, consecutively, since about 2012. I honestly don't know what can be done at this point. I feel that man's activities are accelerating Geological processes but I don't know if there is still time or the will to change mans part in all of this.

Yeah. It's starting to get VERY concerning and just wait, the denial squad will be along shortly to tell us that this is all normal and there is nothing to see here.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
We had a s##t summer Here in the uk. Now if you said record rainfall then I may have believed it..

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well it has been the hottest month in the last 136 years. Record keeping started in 1880.
I wonder what the hottest month in the last 2000 years has been? No way to know I guess.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What are you personally doing to help with global warming?
edit on 18-8-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yah, here temperatures were actually lower than 'normal', its been warm every day but no blazing hot days during July and August.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
What are personally doing to help with global warming?

I hardly drive anywhere, don't have air conditioning, use the laundry, dishwasher and shower sparingly.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I am trying to use and hoard all the resources before you can.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I'm trying to keep liberals out of office.
Not because they want to help, it's because they are going to tax the crap out of me and still not fix the problem.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yah, here temperatures were actually lower than 'normal', its been warm every day but no blazing hot days during July and August.
It's been hot but honestly we had higher peak temperatures last summer. What's killing me this summer is the Crazy @$$ storms and rain almost every other day. I'm thrifty five and I've lived in The Richmond Metro area my entire life and I have NEVER seen a summer this wet. It's like we're living in southeast Asia.
edit on 18-8-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Technical difficulty

edit on 18-8-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Technical difficulty

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Are you actually admitting this is a problem?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
that's weird, because it was rather cold this summer, we usually have 100+ temps, and this year we only hit 100 once or twice... its been between 76-98 degrees thus far.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
that's weird, because it was rather cold this summer, we usually have 100+ temps, and this year we only hit 100 once or twice... its been between 76-98 degrees thus far.

That's weird because this is global temperatures and I'll 100% sure that your backyard isn't the rest of the world. Like what is all these people saying, "well temperatures aren't that high were I live" like that means anything? First, I know that none of you have measured any temperatures and compared them against last year's numbers. Second, it's irrelevant to disproving the point in the OP.
edit on 18-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy
global warming.... lmao

(post by ware2010 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That's weird because this is global temperatures and I'll 100% sure that your backyard isn't the rest of the world. Like what is all these people saying, "well temperatures aren't that high were I live" like that means anything? First, I know that none of you have measured any temperatures and compared them against last year's numbers. Second, it's irrelevant to disproving the point in the OP.[/quote

edit on 18-8-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for contributing to ATS. You added a ton of value

edit on 18-8-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join