It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain the Mandella effect please someone!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

How many shepherds deal with lions on a daily basis? Those 2 dogs that would clock into work in the cartoons only ever dealt with wolves.

Ha, that's a great point. So we may just be dealing with a priest who has been saying the wrong verse for years, or remembered the verse wrong. How embarrassing if that is the case, for the things he said to that parish.

That's funny you mention that cartoon, I remember them.
----

Some other interesting things mentioned in the comments of that video is how the word 'matrix' has been worked into many verses (saying that that is a modern word not used back then)..

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat
I think that specific ME is due to the original text being lamb instead of sheep.
People make the sheep wolf connection easily but lamb wolf is a bit confusing.

I think when we recreate the verse in our heads we can't think of the typical opponent of the lamb so we panic and choose the best word we can think of that fits.

An actual shepherd would make the connection instantly and would probably remember correctly.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's what happens when you remember something wrong and can't admit it.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Wat happened to the scarecrow in wizard of Oz?? Since when did he have a gun!?!? Say whaa?!?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Okay here is the explanation in a nut shell...

In 2010 a kook paranormal investigator thought Mandela died in the 90's started a website where she hawks ME shirts to make money off of the gullible...

And knowing this she still pushes the bs today because as you can see thanks to Reddit and years old threads there we are getting gullible people everyday who think this is real.

And there is a reason why you don't see any scientific studies on the ME...it is not real.

And it is a way to get stars and flags because it sounds so conspiratorial that CT eat crap like this up.
edit on 31-8-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I've been interested in the ME for a while now. With all the examples I've read of the happening, I've come up with the idea that its basically the butterfly effect or a wave, that gains or loses momentum at the epicenter of the change. The larger the change, the more people are effected and vice versa. To me, it at least explains isolated and larger events.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87
If you are really interested I would suggest looking into how memory actually works.
It's not as exciting as all the crazy theories out there but it's the only place to look.

Basically when you remember something you don't pull a picture out of your memory.
You redraw the picture every time.

It's basically chinese whispers in your head.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
All I can say is that if you have experienced a real ME, you don't just know it, you KNOW it.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I have experienced multiple ME's.
I clearly remember reading Berenstein over and over again as a child. It's actually one of my oldest and clearest memories.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I believe I understand enough about how memory works and I dont claim to know whats going on with this phenomenon. It was just an idea but I do believe that it should be looked into with the number of witnesses or claims being made . Its like comparing the number of ufo sightings and weeding out which ones are credible , except there's really no way to accredit the claims of ME because of 2 reasons . 1, you'd have to be able to believe that time travel is possible and 2 which is highly unlikely but you'd have to catch a change on camera in real time . I think even if it was captured on film , people would claim cgi or fake.

But when it really comes down to it, I think people just need to keep at least somewhat of an open mind to controversial subjects as these . Just remember, 200 years ago people believed the world was flat.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

Not being able to accredit the claims makes the claim not credible.

And having an open mind is important. The implication that you could record the change seems to imply you know the process of how it works. Also it means your starting point is that it is a time travel phenomenon. Why be so close minded?

There's infinite possibilities until we find the best one. I put forward my explanation in the below thread and by using my theory I was able to look for and find a "new" ME. I am yet to see another theory which covers the current ME's and also tells you what to look for to find another.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A crazier idea that doesn't have to do with the fallibility of people's memory...

Timeline convergence. This kind of thing seems like something that would be an artifact of entropy breaking. If information is passed in some manner that violates the normal flow of causality, like the "grandpa paradox" then this "Mandela Effect" could be one of the possible results. If it involves time-travel, then it's not necessary for any physical material overlap, but rather a sending of a signal or message. So if somebody were to broadcast winning lotto numbers back to the past, and those proceeds were what made funding the research to do such in the first place possible... Then the successful result of such an experiment is a paradox in itself.

So if there's any kind of attempt to alter a timeline, then people experiencing such a phenomena might be a sign of it. The other question to ask is why it still doesn't re-write the whole timeline though? What aspect of entropy still causes the bleed-over of alternate pasts at the fringes of such an information event? Of course this is beyond me, but somebody into physics or perhaps mathematics/statistics might also look into this as some artifact of quantum behavior.

I just think it's weird that on occasion some of this seems to be going on, but there's not enough tangible evidence to really put anything to it. Also it seems fitting that if there's any alteration of a timeline, it happens to be one of the odder things to show up for discussion on a conspiracy site. It's just weird. But that also brings up the question, "Who or what would try to alter the timeline? And for what purpose? And are there even competing factions in this with conflicting goals?"

Even if there's nothing to it, still makes one heck of a plot device if you were to write a book around it.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The "Effect" is a real occurrence.

Mandela IE dying then returning is not new .It has been going on for many years.

So you dealing with TWO different things.

1.Someone dying then returning or being reanimated (no total shift required)

2.A total "Quantum Shift" where the total reality is altered

Here is a link on another forum from 2005 where people have been discussing people dying then returning ,with no evidence of their deaths or as to put it,any evidence of them dying disappears when they reappear or reanimate.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

There are hundreds of cases of this happing long before they were calling in the "Mandela Effect"

The event of someone dying and the returning or reanimating does not require a Total shift or a Total reality change.
Just everything relating to the person that is being "reinserted" is altered to appear they did not die.

So Mandela & The Effect are TWO different things,although to reinsert someone involves quantum elements,but not a total reality shift,like the effect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join