It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Abomination of Desolation’?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

the timing, I believe this is the last days. I also see the ME as real because if it isn't real my whole family is nuts! I just want to put 2 and 2 together and get something!!!

The megachurch's architectural design was a best guess of Bible description of what Solomon's temple was supposed to have looked like. The so-called 3rd temple is supposed to be built like what is described in Ezekiel. The only reason to call it 3rd is because Maimonides (AD1135-1204) said it would be called the third, and it was written in the Talmud as that.

Of course, the Herod's temple, for which the 2nd temple was completely removed, to clear the space and raise the foundation, gets completely ignored, even though it was the greatest of all temples in the World at its time.

I've seen in BreakingIsraelNews, whose articles are written by the same guy (One man operating a website?), vaguely writes about things then hypes them as "right now, it's happening right now!!! Run around in circles screaming!!!" (disclaimer: paraphrase exaggerated for effect), only to find out he's reporting on something from 2 or 3 years ago.

The last days for Herod's temple were in AD 66-70. Many people died, for them it was the last days. If people freak out about repeating what has already happened, perhaps they should think of ways of preventing a repeat rather than fatalistically accepting it as inevitable.

Speaking of repeats: One repeat already did happen during bar Kochba's brief 3 1/2 year reign as Messiah in Jerusalem, during which time the daily sacrifices may have been re-instituted on the temple site. The last days for him and his followers came AD 136.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NoSoup4U

I am truly interested in what you have posted here. This is a take I have never heard before, is it your own idea or did you get it somewhere else? I have studied this subject off and on for years since the 1970s and have never had this idea presented to me. I've always heard the two sided argument of either revelations was talking about 70 AD or the future, but never anything else.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join