It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS loading in Chinese?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have noticed over the past couple of weeks that ATS will load on my smartphone in Chinese characters, or something that looks similar to it.

Anyone know why this would happen? It will be at random times, and then correct itself. All the ATS headers will show in the Chinese-looking characters (usually houses with lots of lines through them etc).

It doesn't happen on my desktop, only on the smartphone.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GailNot

Perhaps they own the country now?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Why is ATS loading in Chinese?

Mandela effect...

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Sounds like an encoding issue.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Odd that.

I'm here most every day at all times of the day... I've noticed nothing of what you're describing.

Could you be a bit more precise as to when this has happened to you? Not sayin' it didn't, but this is news to me, and probably to many others on staff.

I'd like to think we'd notice something like that!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't know much about smartphones, but are you trying to access the page using a Firefox product?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

What you are describing sounds like the HTML elements in the top banner failing to load or loading slowly.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Unicode issue.

If your connection is bad, for some reasons some of ATS's buttons will display the wrong unicode character.

I believe the admin is already aware of this glitch.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Careful someone might call you racist and force you to accept chinese subtitles as a life choice.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Unicode issue.

If your connection is bad, for some reasons some of ATS's buttons will display the wrong unicode character.

I believe the admin is already aware of this glitch.

Ok. That makes sense. So is the unicode character an actual language? Or why does it look like Chinese? Anyway I do notice it is when the page is loading slow. So it sounds like you pinned it. I was really wondering what was going on.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I don't know much about smartphones, but are you trying to access the page using a Firefox product?

It's with Chrome on android.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

OPEN the Unfortunate Cookie and Find Out .

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Odd that.

I'm here most every day at all times of the day... I've noticed nothing of what you're describing.

Could you be a bit more precise as to when this has happened to you? Not sayin' it didn't, but this is news to me, and probably to many others on staff.

I'd like to think we'd notice something like that!

It's really random. Once I noticed it in the morning. And just now I noticed it before I posted this thread. And a few other random times.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I've had it happen several times. Clear all the cookies in Chrome and that'll fix it. Did for me, anyway.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GailNot

originally posted by: introvert

It's with Chrome on android.

Ok, nevermind. Firefox had an issue with it's encoding and what you described was a product of that issue.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Have the same issue once im throttled back on my data. Wondered at first if i had a phone problem.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The universe is trying to tell you something

Learn Chinese

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
ALL OF YOUR BASES ARE NOW BELONG TO US!

(Been waiting years to make that joke)

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

is this what you mean?
if so, just slow internet.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Thats exactly the image I had in mind. Back in dial up days, it always looked liked that as everything loaded slowly one at a time. I mean the internet in general, not necessarily ATS.

I see it on my phone sometimes when I am not using the wi-fi and my data is near the max.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join